OH, MARY! Previews

hearthemsing22
#25OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 9:20am

EDSOSLO858 said: "So what did we think, folx? As hilarious as advertised?"

Yes please share! I'm curious too. We need comedy on Broadway so I hope this fulfills that 

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#26OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 9:24am

IdinaBellFoster said: "Also if anyone sat in the orchestra or balcony partial view seats would love to hear how actually “partial view” they are."

Seconded. Saw it OffBway and want to again, but with these steep prices, I'd prefer one of these, especially given they're ~$100 as it is!

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#27OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 9:52am

A look at the show curtain:

OH, MARY! Previews

thatdarnzach
#28OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 10:46am

Third time at the White House last night. It's even better than it was off-Broadway. Long live Mary!!!!!!!!!!! Get your tickets immediately.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#29OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 11:09am

Did anyone stagedoor? I know sometimes people come out the front or that weird little door on 46th

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#30OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 11:35am

I am going on Saturday and am so excited to see it again

JSquared2
#31OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 11:36am

thatdarnzach said: "Third time at the White House last night. It's even better than it was off-Broadway. Long live Mary!!!!!!!!!!! Get your tickets immediately."

Do they still have the same pre-show announcement?  I won't spoil the surprise.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#32OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 11:40am

I’m desperate for Cole to do photos as Mary at the Flea Market this year. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#33OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 11:41am

JSquared2 said: "thatdarnzach said: "Third time at the White House last night. It's even better than it was off-Broadway. Long live Mary!!!!!!!!!!! Get your tickets immediately."

Do they still have the same pre-show announcement? I won't spoil the surprise.

"

A friend who attended last night told me they do.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#34OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 12:07pm

quizking101 said: "Did anyone stagedoor? I know sometimes people come out the front or that weird little door on 46th"

Yup I think everyone came out except maybe Bianca. I had to meet friends so I had to leave but before I left, Cole, Conrad, Tony, and James came out the stage door. Each of them took the time to talk to each of us, autograph our pride playbills, and even took a selfie. It was one of the better stage door experiences I've ever experienced on Broadway.

thatdarnzach
#35OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 12:17pm

Yes, they do. It seems that the only "upgrade" is the finale which, the less said about it the better. Not a massive lift, but definitely a Broadway style finish.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#36OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 12:59pm

Yup and they upgraded the costumes as well. I know Mary's Teacher and Mary's Chaperone both wore more colorful costumes :) 

Try to arrive and give yourself some time to walk around the lobby/downstairs lounge. There's also a surprise at each of the male urinals.

yyys
#37OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 1:59pm

Is the Belle and Ssbastian song still included?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_r2K3vvbQ0

Updated On: 6/27/24 at 01:59 PM

Ensemble1718523557
#38OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/27/24 at 4:23pm

Attended last night's performance and sat in "partial view" seats orchestra J16-18 ($114 each, just uploaded to aviewfrommyseat). I say "partial" as the view was great! Since the set is close to the front of the stage, we could see everything except a bookshelf on the right side of the stage, which only impacted a few seconds total of the show. As for the stage door, because it's on 46th, the crowd was rather small. I had to leave after Cole and Conrad came out but they were so lovely and had conversations / took photos with everyone in line, honestly an incredible experience!

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#39OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/28/24 at 9:32pm

Well, it’s just as good on Broadway, maybe even better. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#40OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/28/24 at 10:17pm

I haven’t laughed that long or that hard in forever.

orlikethecolorpurple
#41OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/29/24 at 12:20pm

Anyone who has seen the Broadway transfer, or who has intimate knowledge of the Lyceum, can you tell me why Right Orch Row B is cheaper than the seats immediately in front or behind? Even the equivalent seat in the Left Orch is much more expensive (Right B2 is $169 vs Left B1 is $248 )

Updated On: 6/29/24 at 12:20 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#42OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/29/24 at 1:39pm

I genuinely have no idea, that’s very odd. There is absolutely nothing about that row that would make it any different than the others around it or on the other side. 

orlikethecolorpurple
#43OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/29/24 at 1:59pm

Thanks, Kad! Snagged!

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#44OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/29/24 at 2:43pm

posted on the buy/sell board, but if anyone is looking for a prime single seat (mezz center, row A) for Monday 7/8, DM me if interested.  only looking for what i paid during presale, $197.

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#45OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/29/24 at 3:46pm

Ensemble1718523557 said: "Attended last night's performance and sat in "partial view" seats orchestra J16-18 ($114 each, just uploaded to aviewfrommyseat). I say "partial" as the view was great! Since the set is close to the front of the stage, wecould see everythingexcept a bookshelf onthe right side of the stage, which only impacted a few seconds total of the show. As for the stage door,because it'son 46th, the crowd was rather small. I had to leave after Cole and Conrad came out but they were so lovely and had conversations / took photos with everyone in line, honestly an incredibleexperience!"

Thank you! I took a look at your upload and bought those same two seats for next Saturday :)

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

DiscoCrows Profile Photo
DiscoCrows
#46OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/30/24 at 12:28am

Re; changes to the show since it's original run (spoilers?). There are little to none.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

The one big change I noticed (besides a visually-enhanced 'cabaret' scene where they seem to have placed a few more curtains and made it 'shinier', is the moment leading into the Box/Assassination scene. While the curtain is down and they are making the scene change and the precession is playing, there are a few beats where spotlights hit the Lyceum's left box seats, and then the right box a few seconds later. It's hysterical and garners quite a few laughs, and also a great narrative segwey so people get an idea of what is abut to happen.

The show is hysterical. I will be back like fifty times this summer if I can help it.

Updated On: 6/30/24 at 12:28 AM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#47OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/30/24 at 6:30am

This show is uproariously hilarious and clever. I laughed A LOT. This is the PERFECT show to escape the summer heat and the daily realities of the world.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#48OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/30/24 at 8:39am

DiscoCrows said: "Re; changes to the show since it's original run (spoilers?). There are little to none.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
The one big change I noticed (besides a visually-enhanced 'cabaret' scene where they seem to have placed a few more curtains and made it 'shinier', is the moment leading into the Box/Assassination scene. While the curtain is down and they are making the scene change and the precession is playing, there are a few beats wherespotlights hit the Lyceum's left box seats, and then the right box a few seconds later. It's hysterical and garners quite a few laughs, and also a great narrative segweyso people get an idea of what is abut to happen.

The show is hysterical. I will be back like fifty times this summer if I can help it."

Admittedly, as the person who saw it many times off-Broadway, I’ll be completely honest in saying that a little of that scrappy “downtown” luster has gone in the move uptown. There are some great changes (like the above listed spoiler). However, there were directional changes that took away some of the funny and replaced it with parodic melodrama by way of a LOT of new lighting cues and musical underscoring. Also, some of the jokes that were cackle-worthy didn’t land as hard I felt. 

I did have a few sound issues last night, but I also chalk that up to preview growing pains

This isn’t to dissuade anyone from seeing it - you ABSOLUTELY should. If you had no prior knowledge of the show or didn’t see it at the Lortel, then nothing would be lost to you and you will have a pee-your-pants blast. 

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

stagepotato
#49OH, MARY! Previews
Posted: 6/30/24 at 8:53am

I’m going this coming Saturday at 5pm. First time seeing the material and I have no expectations. I can’t wait!

Videos