News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

What songs do you skip?

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#25re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 5:34pm

i usually skip the "good morning baltimore, reprise" on hairspray (sorry marc) but only in the car. In my home i always listen to them straight through. and i'd like to add that i for one actually LIKE the wizard's songs in wicked tho i always wish "a sentimental man" was longer

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

TheGirlinTheFrock Profile Photo
TheGirlinTheFrock
#26re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 5:34pm

I tend to skip Safe in the City on Taboo (if thats the name of it). I dont know, ill listen to it some of the times, but the music in the background it sounds like someone is.. well to put it politely, "making a bodily function". I think 90% skip over those 3 on WICKED. Its sad though because I prefer male numbers over female, and in wicked the only ones are Dancing Through Life and As Long as You are Mine, and they arent solos. Maybe thats why i like the Taboo CD so much.

Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#27re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/3/04 at 7:08pm

I always skip over "You Can Drive a Person Crazy" from Company for some reason...and those songs in Wicked. I skip "we;re Okay" and "Today 4 U" in Rent also. Sometimes, I'll skip "One Hand, One Heart" on WSS...when I'm not watching it, it bores me.

Most cds I listen to all the way through.

Aryn007
#28re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/4/04 at 1:08am

I have never listened to "Without You" all the way through from Rent. It bores me to tears.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#29re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/4/04 at 1:09am

I feel like I am the only one who ADORES "Without You." It's one of my absolute favorites from the score.

J. Profile Photo
J.
#30re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/4/04 at 1:18am

Does anyone else think Without You is a strange song. It kinda lacks melody I think unlike the other main songs. Someone else mentioned this to me and the person who said it was boring. Updated On: 7/4/04 at 01:18 AM

starlyricist Profile Photo
starlyricist
#31re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/4/04 at 1:18am

you are totally not alone in that broadwaygirl...i absolutely melt when i hear 'Without You'. *sigh* But I CANNOT sit through Seasons of Love...makes me want to slit my wrists (in the theatre is totally different tho)

anywho, I luv the new Taboo cd, but find myself skipping anything with Sarah Uriarte Berry (Nicola), such as "Safe in the City" and "Il Adore". If i want a good "Safe in the City", i'll listen to the London cast recording.

and does anyone else skip "Sugar" on the 'tick, tick...boom!' cd? i love most of the cd (it is j. larson after all), but sugar kinda gets on my nerves.

There are some people in the world who say that writing stories, or composing music or dancing sparkly dances is easy for them. Nothing interferes with their ability to create. While I celebrate their creative freedom, a little part of me just wants to punch those motherf*ckers in the teeth...[tos]

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#32re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/4/04 at 1:23am

I usually skip the LOUD song from Avenue Q because I'm horribly afraid that I'll memorize the lyrics and it'll get stuck in my head at some extremely inappropriate time.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#33re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/4/04 at 1:24am

I usually skip (if the buttons are within easy access - if not, screw it...) "So What" on Cabaret, "Sentimental Man" on Wicked, "Real Life" on Tick, Tick... BOOM! (starlyricist, I LOVE "Sugar." It used to get on my nerves, but then I fell in love with Raul. Maybe that's what did it.), "How I Know You" on Aida and "Tango Maureen" on Rent.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 7/4/04 at 01:24 AM

Jamie Hat Profile Photo
Jamie Hat
#34re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/4/04 at 1:28am

I usually skip postings by "J".
They make me angry and hateful.
Buyt in a loving way.

Broadwaygirl4life
#35re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/4/04 at 11:37am

On the Movin' Out cd I always skip #14 the one right before angry young man.

"[My son]'s really into my music, but one day we were listening to Billy [Joel] in the car and he said, 'Daddy, I think Billy's songs are a little better than yours." (Michael Cavanaugh)

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#36re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/4/04 at 11:43am

I always skip "How I Know You" on Aida, too. I don't like the way the guy vibratos the "yooooooou." It sounds funny to me.

BWayBoy88
#37re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/4/04 at 12:23pm

I love the songs Sarah Uriarte Berry sings on Taboo. The only songs I skip on Taboo are the ones with Boy George. Its kind of ironic that he wrote the worste songs for him to sing. Ich Bin Kunst was incredible on stage, but it just doesnt work on the CD.

Jamie Hat Profile Photo
Jamie Hat
#38re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/4/04 at 12:26pm

I skip "Where Will You Stand When the Flood Comes".
(Jason understands)

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#39re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/4/04 at 12:27pm

"Little Known Facts" from YAGMCB, and "Lay All Your Love on Me" from "Mamma Mia" are 2 songs I always skip.
B

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

broadwaybaby654
#40re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/4/04 at 4:30pm

I always skip "dance with me darling" and "children, children" from bat boy. They just bore me.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#41re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/4/04 at 4:47pm

I have the tendency to listen to the same songs over and over again from all my Bway CDs. I don't want to list every single one, but fr example, on my favorite CD (Millie), I never really listen to "They Don't Know," (although I like the song more than before), all the "I Turned the Corners and Falling in Love With Someones," and "Long as I'm Here With You." But I do not hate those songs, I just prefer songs like "Gimme Gimme," "Thoroughly Modern Millie," "Forget About the Boy," and "Not for the Life of Me."

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#42re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/4/04 at 5:13pm

Skipping songs is a sign of immaturity?

Just when I think there's nothing stupid left to say on a message board, someone's able to come along and prove otherwise.

JakeB
#43re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/4/04 at 5:17pm

Lol.

I skip Nobody Needs to Know on The Last Five Years because it's too quiet and repetitive.

mmFan Profile Photo
mmFan
#44re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 8:28am

I usually skip the cow song from Rent (sorry, I forget the actual name of the song). The song is hilarious to see when you're at the play, but I find it kind of boring (and strange, of course) when just listening to it.

secret-soul Profile Photo
secret-soul
#45re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 10:29am

I usually just skip what I'm not in the mood for at that particular moment. Sometimes I'm not in the mood for "One track mind" and "Laughing all the way to the bank" in Sweet Smell of Success....at other times I'll play the first few songs of POTO and then once "Stranger than you dreamt it" is over, I'll skip all the way to the very end of act One....I also usually skip through much of The Producers...just because it pisses me off unless i'm in the car...

Plince! Plince! Nein! T-Rex!!

POLisPOL Profile Photo
POLisPOL
#46re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 10:34am

I skip Speed dating on the Tell me on a sunday cd. I DIDN'T LIKE AT ALL THIS SONG IN THE CD!

Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!

Albin Profile Photo
Albin
#47re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 11:04am

"Miss Baltimore Crab" from "Hairspray."

POLisPOL Profile Photo
POLisPOL
#48re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 11:08am

I like a lot miss baltimore crab! re: What songs do you skip?
In Hairspray I use to skip "The nicest kids in town·, because I love "Mama I'm a big girl now" and I want to hear it as soon as I put the cd on the player

Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#49re: What songs do you skip?
Posted: 7/5/04 at 11:56am

"Dance With Me Darling" from Bat Boy

"Come to Your Senses" from Tick Tick Boom just because I do not like the way it was performed on CD. I have heard it performed better.

"Good and Evil" "Nobody Knows Who I Am" from Jekyll and Hyde

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

Videos