pixeltracker

nicest person @ stage door....- Page 2

nicest person @ stage door....

DancerGirl16 Profile Photo
DancerGirl16
#25re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 10:36pm

Everyone in the old Les Miserables cast, and Hugh Jackman!

When someone blunders, we say that he makes a misstep. Is it then not clear that all the ills of mankind, all the tragic misfortunes that fill our history books, all the political blunders, all the failures of the great leaders have arisen merely from a lack of skill in dancing. - Moliere

erikrokks Profile Photo
erikrokks
#26re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 10:40pm

By far, without a doubt, the nicest performer at any stage door I've been at is Deborah Gibson. I've met her a few different times when she was in Les Miserables, Beauty and the Beast, and Cinderella. She actually remembered me between BatB and Cinderella and I saw them in different cities! She humored me by signing my Deb scrapbook that I created over the years. Unlike some other current Broadway stars, ahem, she truly appreciates her fans and those who pay good money to see shows that she's in. She proves it by making sure everyone gets autographs and pictures with her...EVERY TIME she comes out of the stage door.

"You act like you're cleaner than the Board of Heath, but you're just a fame ho just like me. You know it...and you LOVE it!" -Paradice to Brooklyn

Broadwaygirl4life
#27re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 10:44pm

By far Michael Cavanaugh is the nicest person at the stagedoor. He is such a doll!

"[My son]'s really into my music, but one day we were listening to Billy [Joel] in the car and he said, 'Daddy, I think Billy's songs are a little better than yours." (Michael Cavanaugh)

Gypsy2 Profile Photo
Gypsy2
#28re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 10:45pm

Eden Espinosa and Sean McCourt. They stop to talk to people, and are SOO sweet, I love them both. Sean is hilarious, talking about random things such as how it smelled like hamburgers one day. Eden is so kind and patient, signing for everyone, although she HAS TO start getting used to having fans, since people LOVE her.

You know it and you want it... you just can't believe you've got it.

Plum
#29re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 10:46pm

Considering how insane the scene outside the Imperial has been for months now, Hugh Jackman is an absolute sweetheart at the stage door.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#30re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 10:47pm

HARVEY!!!!!!!
He was so unbelievably nice!

Jon
#31re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 10:52pm

Karen Ziemba (duh!)

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#32re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 10:56pm

I'd have to say the whole cast of Gypsy and Caroline or Change! Both casts were an amazing and gifted group of actors. They were so kind and generous with their time, it was unbelievable! From TMM, Sheryl Lee Ralph was hilarious. Donna Murphy was amazing too!!!

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

maatmoon Profile Photo
maatmoon
#33re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 11:01pm

Jennifer Laura Thompson was really sweet and even more gracious. Did get the sweetest brush off ever from Taye Diggs.

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#34re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 11:02pm

Well that's b/c Jen freakin rules! Updated On: 8/30/04 at 11:02 PM

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#35re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 11:05pm

Gotta be the Avenue Q cast...
Also must say that my sister and I caught Marc Kudisch bein all sexy and getting on his motorcycle after "Millie"...but he came over and signed a few things, and winked at my sis. It made our night. He looks very intimidating, but he's a teddy bear. :O)

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#36re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 11:15pm

"Sweetest brushoff" How does that work?

maatmoon Profile Photo
maatmoon
#37re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 11:17pm

She was running late and he was trying to get her into the stage door. He was sweet though, very protective.

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#38re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 11:22pm

Oh, I thought you meant he brushed a piece of imaginary lint of your shoulder and "accidentally" copped a feel. From Taye, that would be the best brush-off EVER.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell
Updated On: 8/30/04 at 11:22 PM

maatmoon Profile Photo
maatmoon
#39re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 11:30pm

That would be a better brush off! I'm a lesbian but damn, the boy is pretty!

NativeNewYorker
#40re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 11:34pm

"He looks very intimidating, but he's a teddy bear. :O) "

Haha...I know what you mean...I saw him in the street once, I think it was between shows on Wednesday...he looked like he just took a shower or worked out and his hair was standing up...I wanted to say something to him, but he looked a little scary. And I thought, "What if this ISN'T Marc, then I just talked to a crazy, scary man?" :)

Crazy4MattMorrison52 Profile Photo
Crazy4MattMorrison52
#41re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 11:35pm

the cast of bare is also very nice

"gimme a bottle of bourbon and half a chicken and i'll conquer the world!"

broadwayangel Profile Photo
broadwayangel
#42re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 11:46pm

Sandra Joseph! She is such a sweetheart! My best friend and i were trying to get Hugh Panaro's autograph and she kindly showed us the way to the "other" stage door and since he had already left she let me send her our playbils and got them signed by the entire cast. I wish I knew how I could properly thank her.

Ev'ry so often we long to steal to the land of what might have been but that dos'nt soften the ache we feel when reality sets back in.

ilovemattyfresh2
#43re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 11:49pm

Jennifer Gambatese
John Tartaglia
Tracy Jai Edwards
Mary Bond Davis
Stephanie D'Abruzzio
Christopher Fitzgerald

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#44re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/30/04 at 11:54pm

Spencer Kayden!

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

QueenMuppet Profile Photo
QueenMuppet
#45re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 12:04am

Considering how mad the BFO stagedoor is Hugh Jackman is so sweet and gracious.

I also think Kristin Chenoweth is great, so is Deborah Gibson. Both of them takes ages to speak to everyone. Same goes for Lisa Brescia... aaaaah, too many nice performers around. The list can get very long.

QM

'He really wasn't good as Fieyro. Is it just me or does he sort of come across as a pimp? Just...the hand motions I've seen him do and the attitude..not that Taye is a pimp.' - SallyBrown on Taye Diggs as Fiyero

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#46re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 12:07am

Jenn Gamby.. and the rest of the cast of hairspray
Kerry Butler, Rob Bartlett and the rest of the cast of LSOH (well now former cast)
All of Ave Q.. John Tags is great!

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

notsovirginmary Profile Photo
notsovirginmary
#47re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 12:19am

"By far, without a doubt, the nicest performer at any stage door I've been at is Deborah Gibson. I've met her a few different times when she was in Les Miserables, Beauty and the Beast, and Cinderella. She actually remembered me between BatB and Cinderella and I saw them in different cities! She humored me by signing my Deb scrapbook that I created over the years. Unlike some other current Broadway stars, ahem, she truly appreciates her fans and those who pay good money to see shows that she's in. She proves it by making sure everyone gets autographs and pictures with her...EVERY TIME she comes out of the stage door."

Aw, Deb is a doll. Years ago, I was in a show with her (then) boyfriend and she came to a Theatre-Christmas party with him.

I didn't recognize her at first but she mentioned that she was touring with Joseph and I immediately asked "Oh, are you playing The Narrator?" I was fairly young then, and looked even younger so she was quite shocked that I had any idea who she was. She talked to me for an incredibly long time, asked me to sing for her, and then brought all of the theatre employee’s kids onstage to dance with her.

She asked for all of their addresses before she left and sent them Christmas presents. How sweet is that?

"A wonky eye, you've got my friend."

Sheri Profile Photo
Sheri
#48re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 12:30am

The entire cast of Millie, but I really have to say Kevin Earley - but, hey, I'm really biased. re: nicest person @ stage door....

Phantom487
#49re: nicest person @ stage door....
Posted: 8/31/04 at 12:35am

Entire Cast of "Avenue Q"
Melanie Brown (Rent)
Cathy Rigby (Peter Pan/Suessical)
Stephanie J. Block (Boy From Oz)
Cast of "Forbidden Broadway"
Jennifer Laura Thompson (Wicked)

Videos