pixeltracker

Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?- Page 2

Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#25re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 1:50pm

BlueWizard,
Can I come to your wedding? It's like my idea of heaven.

Sure. Just remember to wear a big puffy dress. And if you're a guy....wear a puffier dress.

Blue Wizard, am I invited b/c your wedding sounds like fun!

I'll start sending out the invitations today. Look for a card with a naked man on the front.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

NBRISBY Profile Photo
NBRISBY
#26re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 1:53pm

I'd also think about the last track on the Heather Headley pop album. Great song for a wedding.

CJR
#27re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 2:33pm

You're all going to look at me like I'm nuts, but I would love to sing the song "If It is True" at my wedding reception. IMHO it's the only worthwhile song from My Life With Albertine, and I absolutely adore the lyrics.

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#28re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 5:32pm

how bout "Unexpected Song"

"Other Places" or is it "other Pleasures" i can't remember--it's from Aspects of Love methinks

NoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
NoDayButToday2
#29re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 5:38pm

----BlueWizard,
Can I come to your wedding? It's like my idea of heaven.

Sure. Just remember to wear a big puffy dress. And if you're a guy....wear a puffier dress.

Blue Wizard, am I invited b/c your wedding sounds like fun!

I'll start sending out the invitations today. Look for a card with a naked man on the front. -----

ooh ooh i wanna come too! (and if thats a pic of you in your avatar, my friend peter who is also gay says he would like to be the one youre getting married to haha)

#30re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 5:42pm

BlueWizard,

the second I saw your post just a minute ago I was going to say, "CAN I COME?!" sounds like a majorly fun hoopla!

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#31re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 5:54pm

Can I come too, BlueWizard? It sounds like a blast!
Anyway, to the topic at hand: My pick would be "Not While I'm Around" from Sweeney Todd. I love that song...if I get married someone's singing it at the wedding, damn it!

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

ponine24601
#32re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 5:58pm

what about 'till there was you' from the music man?

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

LuvUrBatBoy Profile Photo
LuvUrBatBoy
#33re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 6:08pm

My vote is for Inside Your Heart from Bat Boy. Nothin says Marital Bliss like a love song where one person asks the other to drink her blood.

Ahhhh love.

Yes that's me. No, it's not a Rent homage.

broadwayguy2
#34re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 6:12pm

LOL!

ponine24601
#35re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 6:13pm

lmao. i love that song though!

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#36re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 6:32pm

For my wedding, we are having the quote

"I've longed to discover something as true as this is"

from RENT on our wedding invitations.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

cutiepie0882 Profile Photo
cutiepie0882
#37re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 7:06pm

I agree with "As long as your mine" but also, from Hairspray "Without love" "It takes two" and "You can't stop the beat" except you might want to ask about ppl singing with you for the Hairspray songs. And "It takes two" is sung from a guy's view but it'd still be a great song to sing.

Thus is how the book of man and woman shall be written endlessly crashing into each other like 2 vengeful bumper cars - I Love You You're Perfect Now Change

Born2cthelightsofbway Profile Photo
Born2cthelightsofbway
#38re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 7:11pm

All I ask of You.
Beauty and The Beast
All the things you are

"You alone can make my song take flight, it's over now, the Music of the Night!!!!!"

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#39re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 7:16pm

This may sound corny, but what about "If Ever I Would Leave You" from Camelot?

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

bwayfan83
#40re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 7:30pm

Thanks all! Some of these are really great...while others are fun, but perhaps not quite appropriate for my brother's non-theatrical tastes and his traditional church wedding! I've found so many that would be fun or funny, but that I'd never actually be allowed to sing! Too bad. But really, thanks for the help...several of these I'm definately going to put on my list.

showstopper
#41re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/2/04 at 10:47pm

Hey, let us know what you decide on!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#42re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 12:09am

It wasn't originally from Thoroughly Modern Millie, but how about:

"I'm Falling in Love With Someone"

Also:

"As Long As Your Mine" - Wicked (sorry, people!!!)
"A Heart Full of Love" - Les Mis
"All I Ask of You" - Phantom of the Opera

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

zbigner
#43re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 8:06am

"We Live on Borrowed Time" by David Friedman might work well. I don't think it was written for Broadway, but it was in Listen to My Heart, the off-broadway show based on Friedman's work.

Pass it on - Take a kid to a show.

kec Profile Photo
kec
#44re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 9:30am

What about Love Changes Everything from Aspects of Love?

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#45re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 9:36am

robbiej - not in the actual ceremony, but at the reception with a couple of other invited performers...I'm looking forward to it.

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

PleaseChangeMe
#46re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 10:26am

I second Till There Was You. I also suggest What I Did For Love...

...or Take Me Or Leave Me.

twogaab2
#47re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 10:32am

The Honeymoon is Over-I do! I do!

TWOGAAB "A Class Act" will never die!

Lori
#48re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 11:20am

A friend of mine had "Love Changes Everything" sung at her wedding back in 1992 (she and her fiance had seen it on B-Way). Don't think the singer hit the B-flat however!

"Sunrise, Sunset" from Fiddler is another I've heard at a couple of weddings.

"Take Care! When I am thwarted I am very terrible!"
Updated On: 9/3/04 at 11:20 AM

bwaybaby2 Profile Photo
bwaybaby2
#49re: Good Broadway Love Songs for Weddings?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 9:23pm

blue wizard - im coming too! maybe i can be the other groom....

no joke

um - replying to the message, there's this ong from william finn's elegies: a song cycle. its called anytime (i am there). its beautiful. im me and i can send it to you. its beautiful. and its totally a love song... the bride and groom will LOVE it. and they'll totally cry

Videos