pixeltracker

Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05- Page 2

Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05

Kristin2
#25re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 2:27am

Guys, I promise, the balcony of the Fox is NOT that bad! I could see great. Plus, we were right in the middle. I will pretend I'm not jealous of seats in the first few rows though.

Staci1818 Profile Photo
Staci1818
#26re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 10:31am

Just because I like to be redundant, thank you for stopping by, and you and the rest of the tour have been getting rave revews here and CB. I live in Westchester, so I haven't seen the tour, but I wish I could, not that it counts for much.

raccoon5833
#27re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:12am

Andy! Hey! It's Beckie and Megan from Philly!

We're coming to Hershey next month, can't wait to see it again!

renthead2005z Profile Photo
renthead2005z
#28re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 11:57am

Hey Andy I met you in Baltimore and You invited us back for the Sunday Matinee(sp?) Anyway I was the guy in the tan jacket and i was with my friend who wore a pink jacket. We gave you a playbill and had a note with all our names on it. We are going to see it again in dc!!! Look for U.S!!!!!

"Why do we play with fire?-Why do we run our fingers through the flame?"

buddhaismymom Profile Photo
buddhaismymom
#29re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 12:24pm

Me and five of my dearest friends are going next Saturday, and I can't wait! (You'll probably see/hear us..a bunch of really ridiculous high school seniors singing along..mostly off key..in the front row of the balcony)I saw Rent on Broadway and it was wonderful, and I've heard the touring cast is even better so I'm very excited! And if you're looking for something fun to do while you're in Michigan (umm..there has to be something..) you just give me a call... :) I'm interested to see how it's adapted to the stage at the Masonic Temple, becuase that stage is a little on the small side and Rent has a pretty elaborate set (although not many props..) Anyway, Andy thanks for your post and I'll see you next week!

-Jessie

"we're actors- we're the opposite of people" -Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#30re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 12:25pm

andy, i just wanted to say you're a stand-up guy, when i saw you guys out in philly on the last matinee of the engagement i really appreciated that you signed for everyone even tho it was raining quite a bit (i was the really tall guy in a tan suede coat, not that it matters)

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#31re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 12:26pm

the tour is coming no where near me re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05 but best wishes!!!

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

timote316
#32re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 2:53pm

"the tour is coming no where near me re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05 but best wishes!!!"

I hear ya, spider, its not coming near me either re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05

Thanks for posting, Andy. Break a leg!

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#33re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 2:58pm

I'm sorry spider and timote. re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05 That really sucks. Though if you can travel to see them, I'd suggest that.. they'd be worth the trip.

BwayTheatre11
#34re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 3:54pm

"Me and five of my dearest friends are going next Saturday, and I can't wait! (You'll probably see/hear us..a bunch of really ridiculous high school seniors singing along..mostly off key..in the front row of the balcony"

Wow, you would drive me nuts...as much as I love the show.

I saw the tour a couple of months before the cast change. It was still a wonderful cast...but I wish I could see your company.

WELCOME ANDY. re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05

CCM '10!
Updated On: 1/14/05 at 03:54 PM

crazy smiles Profile Photo
crazy smiles
#35re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 4:19pm

Andy Meeks, you sir are very talented and same with your cast. I saw the show on a matinee in late October in Ft. Lauderdale. I enjoyed everything. I was pretty close and just was engulffed by all of you and your cast's energy. I owe you guys a thank you for pure fantastic entertainment. Thanks.

basketcase
#36re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 4:49pm

"Me and five of my dearest friends are going next Saturday, and I can't wait! (You'll probably see/hear us..a bunch of really ridiculous high school seniors singing along..mostly off key..in the front row of the balcony"

Please don't sing along. For the sake of everyone around you. I cannot tell you how many times I've seen shows (specifically Rent, I don't know what it is about that particular show...perhaps the target audience) that makes people want to sing along. I pay money to see the paid actors perform, not to hear a bunch of obnoxious highschoolers ruining the songs.

Thanks!

And to at least contribute something on-topic: Andy, your take on the character is one of the best I've seen. Kudos to you and the rest of the cast. Can't wait to catch you guys again in DC!

insomniak
#37re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 4:50pm

Welcome. re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05 Looking foward to seeing you onstage in Cincy and on this board more often.

BwayTheatre11
#38re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 4:51pm

I wish I was closer to Cinci...re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05

CCM '10!

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#39re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 4:51pm

Like Emcee, i live 20 minutes outside of the city so i haven't seen the tour. It is awesome though that you are talking to your fans! That was kind of a useless post. Oh well.

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

thespian geek
#40re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 5:13pm

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, you guys should try and travel to see them. They're totally worth it. re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05 I drove 9 hours to St. Louis this last weekend with kaycee to see them.. and I'm planning on going to DC to see them close... so yeah. You get my drift. Ha!

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#41re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 5:15pm

Andy,when I saw you on the Rent tour, you inspired me SO much. Your performance was up there with many other broadway performers I have seen, though all different(Idina Menzel, Harvey Fierstein..etc.) You WERE Mark. You portrayed him so amazingly.

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#42re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 5:15pm

well i will try. If it is playing in Jersey or connecticut i will try and go. How bout that?

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

thespian geek
#43re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 5:18pm

re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05 Hehe. Whatever works..

raccoon5833
#44re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 5:30pm

Yeah, the tour is totally worth travelling long distances to see...I saw it twice in Philly (and stagedoored two other nights), and I'm driving to Hershey next month and DC in March to see them again.

Addicted2Seaweed
#45re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 5:37pm

Hey! I saw you in Philly and you were so good! I loved the show! I have nothing else to say really...other than YAY! Hugs!

Quinn

What is it about Lucy?? I know she's a bitch, and yet I want to be her...

Ad_Libbing
#46re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 5:54pm

Hey, Andy!

Thank -you- for all you've done for us in making the RENT tour absolutely amazing --I saw you twice in Philly, and I'm still going on about the experience-- and for being an all-around nice person. I hope that you're having a blast on the road, and I hope that we don't scare you off. It's so great to hear from you!

Gen

"'But do you really mean, sir,' said Peter, 'that there could be other worlds --all over the place, just round the corner-- like that?'

'Nothing is more probable,' said the Professor..."

-The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

MarkCohen
#47re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 6:08pm

Hey Andy!
I figured I'd say hi because I'm looking forward to seeing you in February in London. Only 31 days away! I'll be rushing all day, and hope to be able to talk to you after the show. Thanks for posting and reading.
Nathan

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#48re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 6:22pm

Anyone know if the tour is coming to Denver?

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

BalletGirl85 Profile Photo
BalletGirl85
#49re: Thank you all--Andy Meeks-Rent tour 04-05
Posted: 1/14/05 at 7:40pm

Hey Hey!

So random, because I just heard your name for the first time last week when the girl whose apartment I'm subleasing was showing me pictures from the tour, and now here you are on this board! She was dating Dan from the tour I believe- Anyway, her name is Amber and since I've heard so much about you guys from her, I thought I'd say hiiii! There are some HOT pictures of the other Andy hanging up in here. He is wearing a pretty skirt, and it greets me every time I open the door.

I wish I could see the tour, Amber said it's GREAT so best of luck to you guys!!

Videos