pixeltracker

Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?- Page 2

Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?

jaded_october Profile Photo
jaded_october
#25re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 4:21pm

im going to an arts school next year. so everyones gonna get it. yay!

-annie http://www.livejournal.com/users/jadedoctober http://www.myspace.com/jadedoctober

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#26re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 4:21pm

I dressed up as Thenardier in a show I did...not Les Mis...it was a revue

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#27re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 4:56pm

Glad to see you are all talkin 'bout Halloween!
I thought this was a site about people who dresss up as characters just for the heck of it.
I was at a friend's house one day and I saw a Red Hello Dolly Dress in his closet.
Hmmmm???

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#28re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 5:28pm

For Halloween i did Fantine... It was amazing i used ripped up curtains for a skirt, a black wifebeater with a white corset over top, a black boa, a blonde 30's wig that was messed up and a hat from my production of les mis.....

Next week for the tony party we are dressign up as whom we want to win.... i will be Charity Hope Valentine, in my pretty cute short red dress and that same blonde wig.....

next Halloween my bf and i are goign as Daisy and Violet to his big party he throws

ca_muzikgurl
#29re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 5:49pm

The cutest example I've seen was at the recent Oklahoma revival.
A little boy, probably about 3 or 4, was dressed in cowboy gear like Curly.
His mom stood and held him up during the bows and Curly (Stephen R. Buntrock) noticed him and was grinning from ear to ear and waving to him.
So cute.

DebbieDowner2 Profile Photo
DebbieDowner2
#30re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 6:14pm

What..no BKLYN costumes?

You too can be a famous singer with no French accent and wear a Twister game board in just 15 days!! Ask me how!!

Dollypop
#31re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 6:23pm

Private message to DebbieDowner (no one else should read this!)

WHEN, pray tell, are you going to dress as your favorite character?

I mean it would be okay to dress up as a green witch at a masquerade party, but I think it would be a bit much if you did this to go grocery shopping or to attend someone's wake.

Yay!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#32re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 6:54pm

I see people all the time dressed like characters from Brooklyn...

THEY'RE called bums, or homeless people if you're PC..:)

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

ozdustgirl2 Profile Photo
ozdustgirl2
#33re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 7:03pm

Yes, I did dress up as Elphaba for Halloween and I am making one of her outfits for a sewing project for 4-H

"There are times when were dirt broke, and hungry and freezing and I ask myself why the hell am I still living here?...And then they call!" ~ Mark Cohen RENT movie

MissElphie Profile Photo
MissElphie
#34re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 7:04pm

I dressed as Eponine one year...I want to be Elphaba this year...

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#35re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 7:15pm

You guys are so ignorant...I'm not even a BKLYN fan...but I have a lot of respect for the costume designers.

Mr.  Tuttle Profile Photo
Mr. Tuttle
#36re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 7:53pm

Yes. We must respect the BKLYN comstumes designers for their superior efforts. Or else, they would not have been nominated for a Tony.

Hmm..what's that?

Ignorance is temporary. Stupidity last forever. Watch out BWW... HE'S BACK.

tmz814 Profile Photo
tmz814
#37re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 8:36pm

I walked by the line going into Phantom Saturday night and I saw 2 people dressed up, one like the phantom and one like Christine. They were going to see the show that night.

We've all got our junk and my junk is you!

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#38re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 8:49pm

when i saw rocky horror show on broadway my cousins and i dressed up as different characters...i went as Columbia. we were a hit with the actors lol.

DebbieDowner2 Profile Photo
DebbieDowner2
#39re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 12:41am

People are dressing up going to see Phantom?

Is this the new Cats?

You too can be a famous singer with no French accent and wear a Twister game board in just 15 days!! Ask me how!!

Juliet2170 Profile Photo
Juliet2170
#40re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 1:00am

i did Christine Daae once. and i half-assed dressing like the Altar Boyz; Abraham and Luke...LOL

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#41re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 1:05am

ShuQ--GEEz I was TOTALLY joking! I think the costumes in Brooklyn rock..it was just an easy joke and I went for it!

I have tremendous respect for costume designers. I have an AMAZING one at my school and I practically come to tears everytime I see one of his new sketches or pull out and orinal costume he did for some show before I was there. They are a talent I do not understand and never will.

So NO i was NOT insulting BKLYN!

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

PennyLou Profile Photo
PennyLou
#42re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 1:18am

hte past 2 holloweens I have been Penny first year I was Penny form without love, second I was You CAn't Stop the Beat, penny.. the first year I wont a contest run by the hairpsay website for my costume.. it was fun :).

Grace: My love for you is like this scar (points to elbow) ulgy but permanent!

#43re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 5:02am

For Halloween, 1996, I went as the mansion from Sunset Blvd. It was amazing, but due to technical difficulties, I had to shut myself down and cancel trick or treating.

karlean7 Profile Photo
karlean7
nztheatreluva Profile Photo
nztheatreluva
#45re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 5:29am

Well, Halloween isn't big over here and my mum doesn't really like us to trick or treat so this year for my 16th birthday I decided to have a dress up party and I was Elphaba(strictly speaking I was the Wicked Witch of the West, but you know), while 3 of my friends came as Riff-Raff, Magenta and Frank'n'Furter from Rocky Horror(the most disturbing thing I have ever seen) and another came as the Phantom

J'ai compris tous les mots, j'ai bien compris, merci.............

lamentingenvelope Profile Photo
lamentingenvelope
#46re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 6:36am

Well, not exactly my favorite character, but when I went to see Les Mis this past January I dressed up as Eponine. When I went to see Cats the June before that I went as Rumpelteazer. Got a lot of weird stares that night... can't say I didn't deserve them, though.

Also, not really a costume, but when I saw Hairspray I went in 60s dress. Along the same vein, when I saw De-Lovely I went in 30s dress.

Merrydothe Profile Photo
Merrydothe
#47re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 10:23am

I think its probably clear from my pictures but heres a few more :)

Me As Elphaba at Halloween :)

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#48re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 10:44am

This Halloween, I'm going as Mimi. Blue skin-tight pants and all. Let's hope I can pull it off =8->. And in November, my friends and I are going to the RENT movie as our fave characters, again, me as Mimi. My friend Aubrey and I declared one Monday as "Marky Monday" and wore striped sweaters and scarfs to celebrate.

P.S. GirlforTartaglia, your Sweet 16 sounds like fun, can I go? I wanna come as Daryl Coopersmith and run around, waving a Playboy and using phrases like, "How could a righteous babe like you be lonely?" and "He could get infected, Jesus! Tetanus, lockjaw, rabies, scabies, emphysema!" and that old favorite, "Ya think?". Maybe I'll throw in some Far From Home to scare others, "You scared now?" and "Don't worry, Jolene, I'll protect you." =8->

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys
Updated On: 5/31/05 at 10:44 AM

mikewood
#49re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 10:48am

Well....if the Cowardly Lion counts......!

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Videos