pixeltracker

Oh yes... a "Wicked" thread...- Page 2

Oh yes... a "Wicked" thread...

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#25re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 3:01pm

Oh I'm bummed...Pretty much exactly a year ago I saw Wicked for the first two times with exact same cast Mr. Hearn included, And now I finally have tickets to go back for Jan 31st and was really hoping to see a new Wizard, one that dances and has fun.

Theres no official announcement or explanation floating around for this yet?

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

OrdinaryJukebox1 Profile Photo
OrdinaryJukebox1
#26re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 3:03pm

I, personally, don't know Ben Vereen, so I don't know why he isn't there. The playbill doesn't list him, George Hearn's headshot is alongside Eden's, Megan's, and Carol's. Why would I make this up? How would it benefit me to say Ben Vereen wasn't in the show? What I will say is thank God...I don't care for his performance styles at all...which, of course, is just my opinion. But, trust me, he wasn't there. No sign of him.

-Vincent

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#27re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 3:13pm

Vincent, I don't doubt you in any way right now. Iw as jsut wondering if anyone knew if Ben would be coming back or not, because i was really hoping to see him in the show.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

jasobres
#28re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 3:16pm

Now it is confirmed that Hearn is playing the Wizard for a brief time while Ben Vereen is on vacation.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/97409.html

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#29re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 3:17pm

Thanks jasobres.
I'm glad I'm not going untilt he 8th.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

OrdinaryJukebox1
#30re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 4:19pm

Does anyone know if Eden will be considered for that new Tony award? There are so many rules to that new award, I haven't committed them to memory...yet re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...

-Vincent

ElphabaRose Profile Photo
ElphabaRose
#31re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 4:26pm

BluCat, I'm sure Ben Vereen has star billing, if you can go back after the third, maybe they'll let you exchange the seats. If not, maybe Hearn will be refreshed and give a (at least slightly) more entertaining performance.

Whatever happened to class?

boxers7 Profile Photo
boxers7
#32re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 4:51pm

Actually Elphaba, since George Hearn isn't an understudy, he's a replacement, of sorts, a refund wouldn't be given. Even if Mr. Vereen were back, there would be no refund. After Idina left Wicked became unbilled. I believe for this reason you can't get refunds if anyone is out. Could be wrong though...

"I don't wanna see that!" -Aunt Sassy (as played by Valerie Cherish) on Room & Bored

lovinlife Profile Photo
lovinlife
#33re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 5:00pm

I'm going tonight row EE. Went on Saturday night and saw Seycon, who was stellar by the way, but I paid to see Eden. Hope to catch her tonight. And, Ben was in it on Saturday. Maybe he took a leave.

"All I want is the truth, just give me some truth!"- J. Lennon

OrdinaryJukebox1
#34re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 5:13pm

ENJOY! You'll love it!

-Vincent

loseyourheart Profile Photo
loseyourheart
#35re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 5:16pm

I hope Eden can be considered for that new Tony category. She deserves it. I saw her with the tour when I won lotto in San Francisco, and she blew me away.

loridunn Profile Photo
loridunn
#36re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 5:23pm

"In order for a performer to be eligible for this award, he or she must not have appeared in the role when the production opened on Broadway. "
She can't

"First and foremost I want to thank God, because there is no way that somebody with my name from South St. Louis ends up at Radio City Music Hall holding one of these without some divine intervention" -- Norbert Leo Butz (Tony Speech)

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#37re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 5:26pm

is standby for a role considered to "be in the role when it opened on broadway"? She didnt preform when it opened.

"Have they come yet?"

lovinlife Profile Photo
lovinlife
#38re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 5:27pm

Thanks. I'm sure I'll enjoy. :)

bwaylover86 Profile Photo
bwaylover86
#39re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 5:39pm

Okay I saw Wicked on the 11th and Ben Vereen is in the playbill but there was a slip inside with a replacement, but I lost that part!!! ahhh its probably in the bag that I put my playbill and t-shirt in re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread... but who I saw was very good!

"That boy could use some Prozac"

lovinlife Profile Photo
lovinlife
#40re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 5:43pm

Hearn Replaces Vereen as Wicked's Wizard Through Feb. 3 - BroadwayWorld.com

C'Mon! It's right on this site guys and gals! I guess we'll see him till the 3rd.

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#41re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 6:02pm

it wasnt on the site untill the playbill article was published.

edit: and I believe George Hearn started last night since Ben was in on Saturday.

"Have they come yet?"
Updated On: 1/18/06 at 06:02 PM

bwayondabrain
#42re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 6:57pm

why is Ben gone?
no problems or anything,i was just wondering...

this is cool though that George is in the show for a bit!

Yankeefan007
#43re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 7:01pm

Ben's on vacation.

RENThead414
#44re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 7:39pm

bragging time: I'm going on Sunday to see Ana Gasteyer's/Kate Reinders's last day(s) in Wicked in Chicago!!! YAY! :)

I didn't personally see Ben Vereen in the show but I met him outside the stagedoor when he was in Chicago for a bit and he was really nice.

Elphabuff2 Profile Photo
Elphabuff2
#45re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 9:36pm

myman, I'm actually wondering the same thing as you. I mean, she was the original standby on Broadway, but like it was stated, she was the standby and not a regularly performing lead.

I'm glad to hear Eden is doing well.

wicked1
#46re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 9:55pm

Anyone know when Ben's contract is up?

boxers7 Profile Photo
boxers7
#47re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 10:21pm

I remember hearing he extended until July, but May seems more likely as that's when Hilty's expires.

"I don't wanna see that!" -Aunt Sassy (as played by Valerie Cherish) on Room & Bored

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#48re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 10:35pm

Would make sense.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

Kristeliz Profile Photo
Kristeliz
#49re: Oh yes... a 'Wicked' thread...
Posted: 1/18/06 at 11:48pm

i saw the show tonight -- it was awesome. I'm 27 years old and totally obsessed with this show.

Videos