Revivals yet to be

BSoBW3 Profile Photo
BSoBW3
#25re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 5:11pm

The damn Wiz.

The smallest stream is a valent river. It will drown me if it can.

Composer9 Profile Photo
Composer9
#26re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 5:27pm

I saw the SITPWG scaled down version in London a few weeks ago. It is a phenominal production. The run was sold out almost instantly and my friend and I are the luckiest people in the world for getting two returns last minute. If it does transfer to the West End, which I hear it is, I think it will do well...but as far as coming across the pond...no clue. I WISH!

The key to the mystery of a great artist is that for reasons unknown, he will give away his energies and his life just to make sure that one note follows another... and leaves us with the feeling that something is right in the world. ~Leonard Bernstein~

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#27re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 5:35pm

A re-imagined version of Chess that is way scaled back
Updated On: 1/30/06 at 05:35 PM

littleredridinghood Profile Photo
littleredridinghood
#28re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 5:43pm

DROOOOOOOOOOOOOD

and if Sunday in the Park with George transfers to the West End then here, I'll be happy indeed. I know A Little Night Music is happening, but when?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#29re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 5:50pm

The Wiz. We need more witches on Broadway! LOL

Just give the world Love.

My Strongest Suit Profile Photo
My Strongest Suit
#30re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 5:56pm

i agree respeck. Aida needs to come back.

LET OTHERS RISE TO TAKE OUR PLACE UNTIL THE EARTH IS FREE!

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#31re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 6:10pm

I never tend to think of the producers factor/risk when I make up my wish lists, I'm glad Margo looks at the business side of it for me, I always forget to think about that part, I'm just thinking about the show itself.
I too thought "The Ritz" dated but was thinking of it as a period piece. That show was just too funny and I'm so glad they made the film, Jack Weston and Rita Moreno were a funny duo, and what about Treat Williams with that high falsetto voice, I love that show.
I do like the idea of "Piaf" running off Broadway as well. It's not like it has a big cast/set or anything and would be a great vehicle for the right talent. That was also proshot on Broadway at the Plymouth and shown on Showtime a few times I believe before they just never aired it again. Wish I could find it on DVD somewhere but I do not know if it was released for VHS/DVD sales. I'll check around.

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

MargoChanning
#32re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 6:31pm

I adore the film of The Ritz and own the video, but I think the villagers would come out with torches to burn down the theater if anyone tried to put it on Broadway again. It's a very funny period piece, but in the age of AIDS many would see it as irresponsible. Perhaps it might be OK somewhere Off- or Off-off-Broadway in a pared down production sometime, though. I don't know.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

Gothampc
#33re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 6:55pm

I'd like to see an off-Broadway production of The Bakers Wife

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#34re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 7:43pm

SITPWG right now! They should have transfered Raul and Melissa to Broadway. It's also to early but Ragtime does need to come back. And what ever happened to the Wiz? I want Anika Noni Rose to play Dorothy.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

Overthemoon6 Profile Photo
Overthemoon6
#35re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 8:01pm

I think Anika Noni Rose would make a wonderful Dorothy. I would like Urinetown back (though I don't think it's been closed long enough). I was not able to see it. re: Revivals yet to be

And then, do you know Monseiur Marius, I believe I was a little in love with you.
♥♥♥

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#36re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 8:13pm

Amongst my new obsession, could Spider Woman be revived? I saw a wonderful production in chicago and I wonder if it could have a sucessful revival with the right cast?

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

respeck Profile Photo
respeck
#37re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 8:17pm

I agree that Torch Song is dated. I'm just so glade it finally came out on DVD (no pun intended).

Scottie310
#38re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 8:28pm

Raul would be such an incredible George in Sunday. I wish I could of seen him play it a few years ago.

I also hope Doyle's Company will transfer to New York because I would love to see Raul take on Bobby as well

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#39re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 8:49pm

Funny Girl
Lil Abner

Poster Emeritus

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#40re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 9:14pm

THey're playing our song, IT NEEDS A REVIVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BwayFan4
#41re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 9:28pm

A Little Night Music
Bye Bye Birdie
Bernadette in Hello Dolly would be fab.

#42re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 9:37pm

Here are a few of mine:

Promises,Promises (after seeing the Turkey Lurkey number in the movie CAMP, I think it can happen.)

COMPANY (like the songs!)

umm, my mind is buzzed right now, but I'm sure I'll come up with more. I am very happy though that they are doing a revival of A CHORUS LINE.

LaVieHilary Profile Photo
LaVieHilary
#43re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 9:49pm

I agree with Mr Roxy I think Funny Girl would make a great one.

I loved how they gave the Cinderella TV movie a new twist with some black actors. I would love a revival type of thing where there is a black cast like the Wiz

-------------------------
Light in the Piazza with Megan and Emi
"Girl you got money runnin' in yo bloodline."-Carl the Bartender

children&art Profile Photo
children&art
#44re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 9:56pm

what about chess done in the actor/musician style of john doyle?

i'd like to see: can-can, pal joey, sweet bird of youth, everything in the garden, the owl and the ****cat (with audra mcdonald & patrick wilson), and a new marat/sade.

Don't f*ck with me fellas. This ain't my first time at the rodeo.

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#45re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 10:07pm

I would love to see revivals of Sunday in the Park with George and A Little Night Music.

And although they haven't been gone long enough to warrant a revival, I really miss Ragtime and Urinetown!

#46re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 11:18pm

THE APPLE TREE
APPLAUSE with Marin Mazzie as Margo Channing.

What do you think Margo?

BroadwayChica Profile Photo
BroadwayChica
#47re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 11:30pm

Also, Candide, cause I really love that show. And I agree about Apple Tree. Would love to see it again.

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#48re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/30/06 at 11:38pm

I think they would need to tweak "Applause" one way or the other. I was watching the version from TV with Lauren Bacall & Larry Hagman the other day and it was very dated. I had not watched nor seen it done in so long it was a bit of a shock at how dated it seemed. Still had it's moments though, But it looked so campy in retrospect.

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

#49re: Revivals yet to be
Posted: 1/31/06 at 10:35am

I agree jimmirae. APPLAUSE would definitely need some tweaking. I have a soft spot in my heart for that show, One of the first musicals I went to see on my own. I saw Anne Baxter as Margo and loved the idea of seeing the original Eve play the role. I adored her and thought Penny Fuller was a sensational Eve.

With a great star it can fly. Kelli O"Hara woud be a wonderful Eve.

Videos