Next Disney Musical

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#25re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/14/06 at 10:04pm

Tron would be great, just have everything in black light costumes! It would be pretty amazing! What about Leonard Part 6 the musical? Now we're talking!

http://theaterfag.blogspot.com/ Reviews and the like

#26re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/14/06 at 10:13pm

i know they already have THE INCREDIBLES ON ICE

augustine73 Profile Photo
augustine73
#27re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/14/06 at 10:23pm

Mulan or Alladin!

Fabrizio2
#28re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/14/06 at 10:26pm

Tron would be awesome...my favorite disney movie of all time

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#30re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/14/06 at 11:07pm

I thought that they were working on a version of Nightmare for regional productions, maybe it was just a drug induced hallucination . . .

http://theaterfag.blogspot.com/ Reviews and the like

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#31re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/14/06 at 11:15pm

I think Nightmare would be a huge hit, and honestly would make a FANTASTIC stage production.

They NEED to bring Hunchback to NY, where it was originally slated, then it got moved to Germany. And hopefully Drew Sarich can star in it again. re: Next Disney Musical

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#32re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/14/06 at 11:18pm

I'm all for Hercules...

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

epiphany
#33re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/14/06 at 11:27pm

101 Dalmatians. I'd like to see how Disney would handle that.

...But in all seriousness, Pocahontas would be logical and one beautiful production.

Zimmy Profile Photo
Zimmy
#34re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/14/06 at 11:44pm

Hunchback!

thevolleyballer
#35re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/14/06 at 11:47pm

I definitely think Hercules would be a fantastically fun musical to mount and see on stage. It's got great existing songs, but still tons of room for some original material. I'd absolutely love to see Hercules. re: Next Disney Musical

On another note, though, TV Guide says that after Disney puts up the sequel to High School Musical on television, the franchise is Broadway bound. Director Kenny Ortega said that they'd need new songs and new characters, but that the franchise could do well on Broadway.

Wow. I enjoyed the movie, but I'm not sure about a Broadway version. High school stage version is fine, as it already exists. But Broadway? Never.

ComaBaby01 Profile Photo
ComaBaby01
#36re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/14/06 at 11:59pm

High School Musical was terrible and any self-respecting thespian should come close to agreeing i believe. I understand its success on Disney with the young teens crowd but seriously beyond a middle school production would be unthinkable in my opinion. That plot is cliche to the max. When they could bring movies onto the stage like Hunchback, Pocahontas (not that we need TOO much stephan schwartz lol) or Hercules but choose instead to consider that makes me cringe. I love Disney and all its endeavors (yes including tarzan) and would try my hardest to support any production, but i would also try to sway them from this.

"Love all; Trust a few; Do wrong to none." --William Shakespeare

SayitSomehow
#37re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/15/06 at 1:29am

HERCULES is without a doubt the best choice. The current score is sooooo rich and just makes you want to shake your ass. So much fun! How many shows have succeeded with crooning black female gospel singers? It's a formula for success.

Let Alan Menken expand that baby and you've got a golden broadway hit.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#38re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/15/06 at 1:40am

I think the easist should be Hunchback , since the score is already written. It just needs to be translated into English. I think the animated movie is intensley theaterical and would do awesome on the stage. ( I heard the stage version ending is different than the movie. It's suppose to more like the novel. )

After Hunchback they should do Hercules. Great music in that show.

A

pandajen14 Profile Photo
pandajen14
#39re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/15/06 at 1:53am

Hercules would rock. Didn't the movie have Roger Bart and Susan Egan anyway? It's practically destined for Broadway.

"Writing should be easy, like a monkey driving a speedboat..." -[title of show] "I'm tired of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're going and meet up with them later." -Mitch Hedberg

SayitSomehow
#40re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/15/06 at 1:59am

Yes, and Susan Egan singing "I Won't Say I'm in Love" is gorgeous and fun. Every current Hercules song is a winner, if Menken could keep it up for a few more, it would be an easy Disney masterpiece. There is so much room for them to create spectacle with Gods, Goddesses, flying horses, and Greece, as well as great male and female lead roles, a gospel narration group, winning songs, and a core theme of family and belonging.

Maybe I just want this too much, but I love the potential.
Updated On: 5/15/06 at 01:59 AM

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#41re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/15/06 at 8:29am

How many shows have succeeded with crooning black female gospel singers? It's a formula for success.

Were you high when you said that?

Besides DREAMGIRLS...what shows are you talking about? LITTLE SHOP and CAROLINE, OR CHANGE were both financial flops on Broadway. Just because a show has a female gospel is NOT a formula for success.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde
Updated On: 5/15/06 at 08:29 AM

broadwaybaby692 Profile Photo
broadwaybaby692
#42re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/15/06 at 11:17am

I would really, really love to see a "Song of the South" musical - I'm being totally serious.

Or "Pinocchio" or "Lady and the Tramp"

SayitSomehow
#43re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/15/06 at 2:24pm

FOAnatic, are we forgetting HAIRSPRAY, and THE COLOR PURPLE?

And still, Caroline and Little Shop are great shows, maybe not the most financially successful, but great shows nonetheless.
Updated On: 5/15/06 at 02:24 PM

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#44re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/15/06 at 2:44pm

mulan,aladdin,hercules,hunchback of notre dame and pocahontas would make great disney musicals in my opinion at least. i think lea salonga would make a great mulan or jasmine, susan egan would make a great megara on the stage and tom hulce would make a great quasimodi on stage

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#45re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/15/06 at 3:30pm

That still doesn't mean recipie for success in any manner or form.

That was just a dumb statement to make.

Sorry.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

JustABroadwaybaby2
#46re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/15/06 at 4:41pm

Finding Nemo, sadly, they are looking for casting for it to go on here. I found that at backstage.com, If anyone hasn't been there or buy the paper, they should have a look. Good stuff.

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." Please support BC/EFA at goodsearch.com! Search for anything, and your charity will get a cent!

kaboodles041 Profile Photo
kaboodles041
#47re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/15/06 at 5:02pm

I think Sleeping Beauty would be beautiful if they did it right.

Arghh! Grammar pet peeve #1: your vs you're. "Your" is a possessive pronoun. "You're" is the contraction of "you are." <<

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#48re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/15/06 at 5:05pm

I think Toy Story would be a decent play

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

i love idina Profile Photo
i love idina
#49re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/15/06 at 6:01pm

i liked high school musical as a movie, and while i don't think that this show could sustain itself on broadway, i do think that the possibility has definitely crossed disney's mind

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#50re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/15/06 at 6:09pm

I will starve myself to death if there is not an announcement about Hunchback within the next ten years. My favorite animated Disney movie and one of my favorite scores.

Videos