pixeltracker

Weirdest comment by an actor?- Page 2

Weirdest comment by an actor?

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#25re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 10:50pm

Tyler Maynard (of the Altar Boyz): "The CD matches your shirt! That's so cool!"

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#26re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 11:16pm

Hehe very funny stories everyone!

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#27re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/24/06 at 11:16pm

Hehe very funny stories everyone!

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

LilDiva05 Profile Photo
LilDiva05
#28re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/25/06 at 12:02am

Circle in the Square lobby, about 3 weeks ago, I was talking to Todd Buonpane, and I was wearing the 'SHOW OFF' shirt from The Drowsy Chaperone. Apparently, the shirt is too big on me, because he read it as 'SHOW OF'. So he proceeds to throw his arms in the air and yell "SHOW OF...THE CENTURY! STARRING CHRISSY! WAHOO!" I stood there with the most puzzled look on my face until he pointed at my shirt. Then I had to explain it to him haha.

. . . CHRISSY

catharsis Profile Photo
catharsis
#29re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/25/06 at 10:46am

When I was at the stage door for Sweeney Todd, David Hess (the standby for Judge Turpin- he had gone on that night) comes out. He was going to leave but people were asking for his autograph- he didn't expect people to want to talk to him since he was only a standby. He was talking to these two girls next to me and it went a bit like this:
Girl: That was AMAZING. I just LOVED 'Johanna'. [referring to Turpin's 'Johanna', of course]
David Hess: Yeah..Did you enjoy my orgasm?
Girl: *nods*
David Hess: Yeah, me too.

re: Weirdest comment by an actor?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#30re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/25/06 at 11:23am

This probably isn't the weirdest, but it's cute.

Last Fall, Adam Pascal did a CD signing at Tower Records (Lincoln Center). I brought two friends from school with me, and one of them told Adam she had seen him in AIDA, but didn't really remember a lot of it [because it was a long time ago]. Adam goes ".... were you drunk?!"

A work of art is an invitation to love.

ashley0139
#31re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/25/06 at 11:31am

Emcee, I actually laughed out loud at that one. Very funny. I can see Adam saying something like that.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

luvtheEmcee
#32re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/25/06 at 11:32am

He likes his drunk jokes. re: Weirdest comment by an actor?

quintia
#33re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/25/06 at 11:50am

When I went to go see Sweeney in April, Alexander Gemignani came out first at the stage door, holding his trumpet. He signed Playbills, still holding his trumpet. As he was leaving, he said, "No, I'm not going to serenade you (you as in the crowd)." Apparently, his trumpet was stuck and couldn't take it apart to put it in its case. That was a great moment.

"I believe in truth, beauty, freedom, but above all things, I believe in love."- Moulin Rouge

luvtheEmcee
#34re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/25/06 at 11:54am

I play trumpet, and that has happened to me more than once. It's kind of embarassing. Yet... oddly funny.

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#35re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/25/06 at 12:06pm

"I think my uterus fell out it was so high!" ~Julia Murney commenting on the first time she sang Defying Gravity.

You've gotta love her.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#36re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/25/06 at 12:18pm

Aahahahhaa. She's absolutely hilarious.

luvtheEmcee
#37re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/25/06 at 12:27pm

HA! re: Weirdest comment by an actor?

Carl Magnum Profile Photo
Carl Magnum
#38re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/25/06 at 12:33pm

Little bit of a long story but so worth it. So back when I was a senior in high school(2000) all I wanted to do was go to NY and see John C. Reily and Phil Hoffman in True West. It was(still is) my favorite play and those are two of my favorite actors. Add to the top of that, that PSH is a graduate of my high school and we shared the same acting teacher.

I scheduled a trip around april to catch the show. Afterwards I waited in the lobby for him and we had a nice 10-15 min convo about our hometown, high school, my hair color at the time, Sam Shepard....you name it we covered it. I thanked him for taking time to talk to me and walked out. As I was standing outside Circle I went to light up a smoke and I felt a tap on my shoulder...this is where it gets funny....it was PSH. He looks at me and says "Man this is strange, can I bum a smoke?" of course I said yes and he goes on with "Jesus this is weird, shouldn't you be bumming these off me? I guess adults have to go to the high schoolers for smokes now" I asked him why there wasn't any smoking in the play, like it calls for and he says "Cause I'm trying to 'quit'(air quotes and all)" and then this is the part that kills me, he said "Oh and if Reiley or my girlfriend come up that escalator before I finish this, just tell me, they'll both *uck*ing kill me if they see me smoking"

Well they came up and he quick hands me the smoke and I took it and as they walked out the door he says "...and thats why you need to quit before it becomes a habit, it was hell for me to quit....Oh hey guys are you ready to leave?" He introduced me to all and then the 3 of them went their seperate ways.

Needless to say it made my trip.

long winded much?

I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#39re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/25/06 at 12:37pm

LOL, Carl, that's GREAT.

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#40re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/25/06 at 12:48pm

I mentioned to Maria Eberline that I loved her Coach bag and she said "OH ME TOO! It's the first designer purse I've ever been able to afford on my own! Hey, I like you! I like anybody who appreciates a good Coach bag! *giggle*"

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#41re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/25/06 at 12:53pm

I absolutely LOVE the David Hess and Philip Seymour Hoffman stories! XD

ashley0139
#42re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/25/06 at 1:32pm

"I think my uterus fell out it was so high!" ~Julia Murney commenting on the first time she sang Defying Gravity.

WHAT? That is HILARIOUS!

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#43re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/25/06 at 3:46pm

hahahahha omg Julia is soo Hilarious

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

OasisBroadway
#44re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/26/06 at 10:12am

AT the Threepenny stage door there was this girl there who was asking the all of the actors long-winded questions. So she asked Nellie McKay if she had any advice on good schools to attend for theater and Nellie said "Oh. . Oh. .I don't know. I chose my school because it had the best pot." It was so funny because the girl was dead serious and completely shocked when Nellie said that.

luvtheatre11
#45re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/26/06 at 10:22am

Spamalot stage door..My dh did a show with David Hyde Pierce in college..so over the fence my dh said "Long time since we did Gilbert and sullivan at the Berkley College Cafeterie" To which DHP replied.."Chris, What are you doing here?"
This was followed by handshaking..then DHP focused in on my husband and said "You still have alot of hair!"

Blair
#46re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/26/06 at 10:23am

Didn't Joaquin Phoenix say something about a frog on his head at the premiere of Walk the Line?

That was the first thing I thought about when I read the title of this thread. He kept saying that he couldn't concentrate because of "the sensation that aliens are eating his brain" or something like that.

circusliz Profile Photo
circusliz
#47re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 6/26/06 at 11:31am

The Joaquin Phoenix quote:

...Out of the blue, Phoenix suddenly changed the subject, asking, “Do I have a large frog in my hair?”

Reporter: No, no.

Phoenix: Something’s crawling out of my scalp.

Reporter: No, you look great.

Phoenix: No, but I feel it. I’m not worried about the looks. I’m worried about the sensation of my brain being eaten. … What did you ask me?

On the road of life, do not pause for suicidal chipmunks who freeze in your headlights, seeking death by your tires...

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#48re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/24/06 at 9:01pm

bump

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#49re: Weirdest comment by an actor?
Posted: 10/24/06 at 9:08pm

Patti told me my Sharpee was getting her high after Noises Off!. She was not happy about its strong odor. Thaaaaat's Patti!

Sheree Rene considered everything "Wiiild" at the stage door one night after DRS. Even after things like, "You were great!" and "I loved you in _______!" Everything was just "Wiiild."

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

Videos