pixeltracker

Broadway Guilty Pleasures- Page 2

Broadway Guilty Pleasures

GYPSY1527 Profile Photo
GYPSY1527
#25re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 11:17pm

Currently, "Its Your Wedding Day". Ever since that free download from Itunes, I've been listening to it non stop. Last season, it was probably Bombay Dreams.

Happy...Everything! Kaye Thompson

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#26re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 11:21pm

'Life After Life' from Dracula is one of my favorite songs. I love it.

HECK YA! That song made the show almost worth going to. Although, the effects and the huge discounts they were giving towards the end of the run didn't hurt either.

#27re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/15/06 at 11:25pm

I don't think Aida would be considered a guilty pleasure. It's not thought of to be that bad. And I love Like Father, Like Son but hate Another Pyramid.

Really? I've always thought it's looked upon with general disdain by theatre fans, but maybe I'm just reading too much BWW. Personally, I think the music itself (sans the Zoser songs) is absolutely great -- hence why it's my "guilty pleasure," I suppose. It's the book and dialogue that need work.

TheaterJunkie
#28re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 12:00am

I don't know if this counts, but I listen to Annie Get Your Gun. The Ethel Merman and Bernadette Peters versions.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#29re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 12:18am

I'm not sure if this qualifes as a guilty pleasure, but I love Spamalot.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#30re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 12:43am

I love Spamalot and it was one of the best theatre experiences I've ever had. I also love Taboo, Chess, and Lestat.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#31re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 8:55am

Guilty pleasure? I have three different 'Camelot' CDs and my favourite is the 1982 London recording. :3

VonTussleGirl Profile Photo
VonTussleGirl
#32re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 12:14pm

Seussical.

Then again, my theatre company is doing it this fall, so technically, my repeated - and repeated - listenings are JUSTIFIED.

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#33re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 12:23pm

Lestaaaaaaaat. No matter how bad some of the story, dialogue and lyrics got, I still love it. Especially the awesome cast. Heck yeah!
Updated On: 7/16/06 at 12:23 PM

Buddy Kiss Profile Photo
Buddy Kiss
#34re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 12:31pm

Jane Eyre

I went through this HUGE obsession back in high school and even though I know that its music isn't up-to-par, I will always love this show.

"Wickedness is a term invented by society to account for the curious attractivness of others." -Oscar Wilde

bigbigbill Profile Photo
bigbigbill
#35re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 12:33pm

Wicked is my only guilty pleasure.

TheatreDiva612 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva612
#36re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 12:37pm

Lestat, The Sound Of Music Revival Recording (I KNOW!), Jekyll and Hyde

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#37re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 1:00pm

Whoever does like like Jesus Christ Superstar can fight me.

My guilty pleasure is Lestat.

Over_the_Moon
#38re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 1:11pm

Dracula
In My Life (sampler)

(Buddy, loving Jane Eyre is NOTHING to be guilty about!!)

"what have we learned? Don't smoke... don't do drugs and don't sing 'Defying Gravity'." -CATSNYRevival

thevolleyballer
#39re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 1:32pm

Well, it used to be quite popular, but now, apparently liking Wicked is a horrible thing. re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures So I'd say my guilty pleasure is Wicked.

Oh, and I love Disney shows. re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures

ElphabaRose Profile Photo
ElphabaRose
#40re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 2:01pm

Starlight Express. I was raised on the OLC which my parents have had since before I was born...I guess that you could say it was my first favorite show, although I've never seen it.

Whatever happened to class?

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#41re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 2:06pm

Bring Back Birdie

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#42re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 2:09pm

Mine is Wicked, because I know it really isn't legit theater but it's just fun.

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

Footlooser Profile Photo
Footlooser
#43re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 2:18pm

I have evry word that I can understand in BARE: a pop opera memorized.

"You know just because you put a smiley face after it doesn't change the fact that it was an a-hole comment." ~ Sumofallthings

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#44re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 2:20pm

I have the whole show of BARE memorized...dialogue and all!

BOMBAY DREAMS is also a guilty pleasure. I don't care what anyone says, that music was catchy!

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#45re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 2:49pm

Wicked. I am actually on my second copy.

Just give the world Love.

Elphaba984 Profile Photo
Elphaba984
#46re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 3:06pm

The More We Dance from Dirty Rotten and December 1963 (Oh What a Night...) from Jersey Boys are currently my top played on iTunes.... both peaking over 300. Yeah what can I say I love both of those shows way too much.

"You can't stop someone who wants to be an artist. If they're going to do it, they're going to do it... Work as hard as you can on the things you can work on. Until it seems like there is no possible chance you're going to succeed, don't give up." ~ANDREW ASNES avatar: me and jason gillman... in the pouring rain.

BrightEyedInNYC Profile Photo
BrightEyedInNYC
#47re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 3:13pm

Side Show....i don't care if you think a show about siamese twins is stupid (i do). but i am in love with the duets.

i mean, they are just so beautiful, then some of the lyrics put this albulm into the guilty pleasures category- "we are freaks stuck together and we'll always be alone" "no one could love a siamese twin, nobody wants us, noone ever has, noone ever will". i mean, it's awful. i just start giggling. then it goes into a beautiful, soaring duet.

"My Mother's punishing me for going to jail without permission!" ~Penny Pingleton from HaIrSpRaY

song_mage31
#48re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 3:27pm

Well, my high school's show last year was Starlight Express...so, as bad as some of the songs are, I guess that would be mine.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#49re: Broadway Guilty Pleasures
Posted: 7/16/06 at 3:46pm

song_mage....how??? Seriously -- how???

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

Videos