News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Broadway stars in commericals- Page 2

Broadway stars in commericals

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel Profile Photo
Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#25re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/7/06 at 8:03am

Norbert Leo Butz was in a Wheat Thins commercial not too long ago.

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#26re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/7/06 at 9:28am

Orfeh's voice was on just about every commercial break during the Project Runway marathon and finale. Norm Lewis and Jim Stanyk were on the same Olive Garden commercial.

#27re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/7/06 at 9:41am

Same thing with Richard Thomas. He does the voiceover in the Mercedes Benz commercials. Two of them were on the other night on ABC Famliy.

JBSinger
#28re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/7/06 at 12:20pm

Tonya Pinkins is in one right now too.

I think its Sharon Wilkins in a Universal Studios commercial and she's screaming on a ride, pulling her kids into her boobs.

I kind of remember Rebecca Luker sitting at a diner for an antacid commercial.

Don't forget that Marc Kudish was mouth in the TV for that long series of ads a while back.
Wasn't Barrett Foa in those West side Story GAP ads?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#29re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/7/06 at 2:12pm

Arden is also in a Commerce Bank one with Kelly and Regis.

JustABroadwaybaby2
#30re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/7/06 at 4:19pm

Wasn't there some sort of specualation about Michael Cerveris in some commercial?
Cynthia Nixon's in a fresh direct commercial.
And I really thought I saw Dan Fogler in the mega millions commercial.

"I'm thinking about how if you took the W in answer, and the H in ghost, and the extra A in aardvark, and the T in listen, you could keep saying WHAT but no one would ever hear you because the whole word would be silent." Please support BC/EFA at goodsearch.com! Search for anything, and your charity will get a cent!

StephenSondheimWHOO Profile Photo
StephenSondheimWHOO
#31re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/7/06 at 4:59pm

Thread Jack but Why do people hate Mandy, I think he's an amazing performer

kover22 Profile Photo
kover22
#32re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/7/06 at 5:23pm

Wasn't Steve Rosen in the computer commercial dressed as a woman????

I have RSD...but it doesn't have me!!!!

JamesMacon Profile Photo
JamesMacon
#34re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/7/06 at 8:45pm

Yes, Barrett Foa was in those West-Side-Story-esque GAP ads.

NathanLaneStalker
#35re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/8/06 at 4:59am

Nathan Lane - Vick's Nyquil, I.D. Board Game, SONY Batamax, I love NYC, and Fight Against Aids.

Here's a link to the SONY Batamax one:
SONY

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

NathanLaneStalker
#36re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/8/06 at 5:02am

Oh! and

Jason Alexander - Golden Chips and the McDLT (McDonals)

Here's a link to Nathan's AIDS commercial:

Join The Fight AIDS PSA with Nathan Lane

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#37re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/8/06 at 10:32am

According to his web site, since leaving Scoundrels, Greg Jbara has done a radio commercial (voice of the referee in a VISA/NFL commercial) and has filmed a commercial for H&R Block where he plays a surgeon. He's done other commercials earlier on in his career.

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

worrell4077
#38re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/8/06 at 11:20am

"Wasn't there some sort of specualation about Michael Cerveris in some commercial?"

Yes, I should know since I started it. A Benefiber commercial came on and there was this guy in the beginning in all black and he was bald and he looks like Michael Cerveris. I don't know if it was him or not, but it sure looked like him.

tcoppola
#39re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/8/06 at 12:24pm

Carolee was in a commercial for the Charles Schwab campaign.

HeartandMusic
#40re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/8/06 at 12:31pm

Wasn't Bernadette Peters in a grape juice commercial a while back?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#41re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/8/06 at 1:24pm

Isn't hat Tonya Pinkins one for something like Boneva or a cholesteral pill? She is walking through a park in a jogging suite.

Just give the world Love.

kjklo
#42re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/8/06 at 1:28pm

The Bernadette Peters commercial was about 10 years ago and was for Ocean Spray cranapple juice.

moljul Profile Photo
moljul
#43re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/8/06 at 2:53pm

The Bernadette Peters commercial was about 10 years ago and was for Ocean Spray cranapple juice.

It was more like 15 years ago. I always enjoyed her Breyers Ice Cream Commericials which very much played on her sexy leading lady persona. Seems like she had a bevy of handsome men coming over to her house in tuxedos. And I recall one with her eating ice cream at her freezer door that seemed more like a sexual experience than a dessert. LOL Talk about Making Love Alone. re: Broadway stars in commericals

ReNtHeAd04
#44re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/8/06 at 7:19pm

kelly karbacz was in one for cotton.. the stain resistant one.. she came in everyday with another girl and had a stain on her shirt, along with the co-worker. and then one day she had no stains. because of stain resistant cotton!

"maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away" -sex and the city

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#45re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/8/06 at 7:31pm

Foa did the print ads for the GAP West Side Story theme, but I don't think he did the commercial

Jerry Orbach did a car commercial for Buick back in the day

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#46re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/8/06 at 7:32pm

I knew that was Carolee Carmello!

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

rosekwbp Profile Photo
rosekwbp
#47re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/8/06 at 7:50pm

Bernadette also did an American Express commercial awhile ago.

bwaybabe3
#48re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/8/06 at 8:05pm

Gelber is in a fedex or ups commercial, I think. and i have a strange feeling Harada is in the same one!

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#49re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/8/06 at 9:13pm

Daniel Jenkins was in Microsoft commercial about Russia. An American SE goes to Russia to fix PC problems in a Russian company. It was filmed in Russia and I only got to see three times re: Broadway stars in commericals

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#50re: Broadway stars in commericals
Posted: 12/8/06 at 9:16pm

Daphne does the voice-overs for the Clairol hair product commercials.

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

Videos