pixeltracker

Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced- Page 2

Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced

DARTH Profile Photo
DARTH
#25re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/25/07 at 9:04pm

Most of these results are both shameless and shameful.

Average voting age for these awards: going on 16.

Average IQ of persons voting for these awards: Somewhat less than that.

A total waste of time and cyberspace.

Virgo
#26re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/25/07 at 9:38pm

Well, the fans have spoken and 175K fans (largest vote ever) cast their vote only once, no spamming was allowed. Give it up to the winners and if you didn't vote, you can't complain, if you did and your favorite didn't win then apparently your favorite is in the minority.

Congrats to all the winners and thanks go Broadway.com for allowing the fans to choose their favorites. Unlike the Tony's, Drama Desk and Theater World Awards.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#27re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/25/07 at 9:58pm

No spamming...but that didn't stop people from using different legit email addresses from different computers ~ and therefore different IP addresses.

I didn't do it, but I've seen undergrads at my university running around the computer lab doing online voting for various things where the IP is logged.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#28re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/25/07 at 10:18pm

Yeah, if the Spring Awakening fans did it for the nominations, they probably did for the actual voting as well.

Virgo, BWW has its own fan awards and the current results are much more diverse (not to mention realistic) than the Audience Awards would lead you to believe.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#29re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/25/07 at 10:34pm

I tried hard to rig the awards to reflect a much more honorable crowd with my four e-mail accounts. It didn't really work out.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#30re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/25/07 at 10:40pm

Those results are embarrasing.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#31re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/25/07 at 10:47pm

Virgo - how do you actually know no spamming was involved? Just curious where you got that info since I didn't see anything about that in the story from the link was posted. just that they had their largest turnout of 175,000 votes.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#32re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/25/07 at 10:48pm

I doubt there was absolutely no spamming.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#33re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/25/07 at 10:58pm

I kind of doubt there was.

They're a little, online-based fans awards that hold no weight. What would be the use?

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Virgo
#34re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/25/07 at 11:13pm

"Virgo - how do you actually know no spamming was involved? Just curious where you got that info since I didn't see anything about that in the story from the link was posted. just that they had their largest turnout of 175,000 votes."

Well, I just figured that most folks know how to follow rules and you were allowed one vote. Now of course, you'll have the fanatics who try to vote more then once. Okay, so I'll change that to minimal spamming. Like someone else said, what would be the point anyway in voting 10 times? Most here are dismissing the award as a joke anyway so it really doesn't matter.

Bobby Maler Profile Photo
Bobby Maler
#35re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 12:02am

Yeah, Talk Radio winning was a big surprise. A great performance by an amazing actor in a forgettable and irrelevant play.

Omigod you guys? Really?? That has to be the most annoying song ever.

And yes, Jonathan Groff was a shock too, although he's not very much behind Raul in the BWW Awards....

BDavis0092
#36re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 12:38am

Les Miserables got favorite revival...yet it wasn't even NOMINATED for the Tony.

Jonathan Groff for Leading Actor???

Favorite long running show is Wicked. That just makes me laugh.

www.youtube.com/BwayNY225

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#37re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 1:43am

I'm going to pretend I didn't read about half of those.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#38re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 2:38am

I think people voting for "Omigod, You Guys" just because it's not Spring Awakening doesn't really help either. I mean, yes, the song nominations were a bit ridiculous, but is voting for "Omigod" really the better of two evils? Are the Spring Awakening songs that terrible?

That Legally Blonde got two wins and Grey Gardens only got one (thank goodness that Ebersole came through) is pretty funny. I just saw Legally Blonde and kind of enjoyed myself, but come on. Does it deserve to win anything? No.

~Steven

peaceone
#39re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 3:38am

Congrats to the winners and a special hand clap to Fantasia

MungoGypsy8232
#40re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 9:00am

Don't ya just love popularity contests. I love Spring Awakening, but I hate how the people who all voted for it probably never even saw it, making this an awards competition based on CDs.

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#41re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 10:37am

A SHAM, A COMPLETE SHAM!!! HOW COULD THIS BE, THESE WERE RIGGED, RIGGED I TELL YOU!

Please people, get over it. OF COURSE Orfeh would beat MLW. These ain't the Tonys and the average age of a broadway.com reader who would even VOTE in such a contest would be FAR more intersted in Orfeh and definitely more likely to see LB than MLW in Grey Gardens. But of course, if the woman who's gotten every major nomination this season actually WINS the broadway.com audience award or if the fresh faced, handsome hearththob from SA does, or if the SA fans outnumber the stodgy "real" theater fans, it all MUST be rigged.

Life is one big popularity contest, get used to it. In this case, there's real talent to go with the looks and popularity and it's an obvious thorn in the side of a few posters who have nothing better to do. I personally feel they chose right.

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#42re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 10:39am

I love you Al!

Dirty_Rotten_Guy Profile Photo
Dirty_Rotten_Guy
#43re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 11:22am

Groff winning both Best Actor and Best Breakthrough Performance...that is SAD.

My 2007/2008 Season: Grey Gardens (7/5) 110 in the Shade (7/6) Mary Poppins (7/7) Xanadu (7/7) Deuce (7/8) Spamalot (7/8) Jersey Boys (8/25) The Year of Magical Thinking (8/25) Mauritius (11/2) Young Frankenstein (11/3) Rock 'N' Roll (11/3) Pygmalion (11/4) Mauritius (11/10) Mauritius (11/21) Mauritius (11/21) Sunday in the Park with George (3/6) South Pacific (3/7) Gypsy (3/8) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (3/9)

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#44re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 11:27am

Oh God, these make me want to vomit. They make the Broadway audience look like a bunch of fools, but given the ongoing downfall of Broadway.com's integrity, I guess that works.

Les Mis for revival? JONATHAN GROFF FOR BEST ACTOR? Shameful. If Raul wasn't going to win, he should at least have lost to someone else who's mildly deserving.

My God, thankfully these kids don't have Tony votes. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together would know there's absolutely nothing award-worthy about that performance.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 5/26/07 at 11:27 AM

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#45re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 12:32pm

Anyone with two brain cells to rub together would know there's absolutely nothing award-worthy about that performance.
THANK YOU. Why does everyone keep saying he's so great? He's a little more than serviceable.

I think Norm or Alex G. should've taken that spot, though I'm not a fan of Les Miz. They were a lot better than Groff.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#46re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 12:35pm

Al Dente, why do I have a feeling you wouldn't have responded to my post if I hadn't mentioned Orfeh, or another actress won over MLW?

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#47re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 12:40pm

Jonathan is really talented, but the role is an underdeveloped maybe-hero. Any good-looking actor with a pretty voice could do the same job he's doing.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#48re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 12:45pm

Actually Wizard, I would have due to the accusations being thrown around regarding integrity or apparently, lackthereof. Someone had to be a voice of reason and possibly try and explain who the voters are. I also get a huge kick out of the palpable fear going around about Orfeh vs. Wilson. That's why I responded if you must know.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#49re: Broadway.com Audience Award Winners Announced
Posted: 5/26/07 at 6:45pm

It's sad people voted for Ohmigod You Guys out of spite for Spring Awakening. All those songs from Spring Awakening(with the exception of My Junk) is much better than a song going "OHMIGOD" the whole time.

Videos