News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)- Page 2

Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#25re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/20/08 at 3:28pm

The show is listed on Ticketplace (DC's half-price ticket booth) for the rest of the week. I might go see it sometime over the weekend. For those without a car (like me), I was told the Metro to the bus leaves you two blocks from the theatre.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
hubee Profile Photo
hubee
#28re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/20/08 at 5:31pm

I took Bus 22A from Pentagon station. It passes by the Shirlington Village so just get off and walk within the village for about 2 blocks.

but the bus ends quite early (I think around 930pm or 10ish so its a tight run to come back, and I think Kiss is longer so you may miss it if you see the night show).

Does anybody know if they have promo codes for Kiss yet? I plan to come see it in mid April but most reviews have been raves so I'm thinking it will start doing better and not sure if I should risk rush or not.

http://tapeworthy.blogspot.com
Updated On: 3/20/08 at 05:31 PM

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#29re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/20/08 at 6:26pm

It looks pretty good, although the ensemble doesn't look very Latin.

I lvoe how much Hunter and Sutton support each other.

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

JulianHookbucks Profile Photo
JulianHookbucks
#30re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/20/08 at 6:27pm

was Sutton sick in that picture? Or crying? Or... just really seriously not wearing makeup?

that's a really big mic...

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#31re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/20/08 at 7:18pm

Yes...definitely don't assume it is sold out. We got tickets last night for next Saturday's matinee and they are great seats...but I am also under the impression that there really aren't many bad seats at the Signature.

I am so incredibly excited, especially after seeing the pictures!

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#32re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/20/08 at 8:18pm

Photos look soo good...

re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#33re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/20/08 at 8:32pm

Will Chase could have let Sutton use some of his make-up for the after party.

matty159 Profile Photo
matty159
#34re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/20/08 at 8:34pm

I am most fond of the second one there, Jay*!

But, my favorite pic so far is the cell made of lights. Breathtaking, IMHO. If only I didn't have guests this weekend and have to wait another week!

SporkGoddess
#35re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/20/08 at 9:23pm

I can't believe that Washington City Paper review said the musical was never good! A musical set during the Argentine Dirty War, how much more could you want?

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

KChenowethfan Profile Photo
KChenowethfan
#36re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/20/08 at 10:21pm

Washington City Paper isn't exactly a reputable source of theatrical reviews.

Definitely don't assume the show is sold out, but don't count on promo codes I don't think. Its pretty rare- especially for the known musicals. It has been on TicketPlace though.

"Why do you care what people might say? Why try to fit into their design?" (Side Show)

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#37re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/20/08 at 10:48pm

I will be there on Saturday night too. It would be nice to say "Hi," Morosco. re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)

Anyone else going Saturday night?

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#38re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/20/08 at 11:00pm

I wish .. I can go with you..Miss Pennywise but I will be in NYC ...

We will see you guys though for THE VISIT... Cant wait!

J*

Here I Am Profile Photo
Here I Am
#39re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/21/08 at 3:28am

This casting is a complete joke, except for Diaz who actually looks the role.

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#40re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/21/08 at 10:39am

How is the rush ticket in Signature for this show? I am in Baltimore, so it is a very long drive to the box office.

I am kind of hesitating about trying my luck to buy a rush ticket 30mins before the show when I drive all the way from Baltimore to DC.

On the otherhand, I can buy ticket from ticketplace but it cost a lot more.

Does anyone see the show with rush ticket? Will someone plan to see the show by rush ticket?

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#41re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/21/08 at 10:49am

that pic of her all in blue looks amazing with the men crawling up! can someone scan the Playbill for us?

Jon
#42re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/21/08 at 11:38am

Sutton Foster is notorious for looking ... uhh... less than glamorous off-stage.

gymdudeva
#43re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/21/08 at 12:43pm

Washington City Paper isn't exactly a reputable source of theatrical reviews.

Why not? Apart from the Post, which local reviews DO you consider "reputable"?

Oh well, in this case, the Post agrees with City Paper / Mondello:
Washington Post Review of Spider Woman

bwaydoc Profile Photo
bwaydoc
#44re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/21/08 at 1:35pm

I will be there on Saturday as well. I'm really excited, especially after looking at the pictures. Besides the basic plot I know nothing about the music or anything, so it'll be interesting to go in there not knowing what to expect.

I wish I could go back to college. Life was so simple back then. - Kate Monster.

"Who here feels like they have no idea what they're doing?" - George, Grey's Anatomy

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#45re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/21/08 at 2:09pm

Went to buy my ticket for this evenings performance, but Ticketplace was already sold out. I'm going to see the play, "All that I Ever Will Be" at Studio.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#46re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/21/08 at 4:25pm

Dottie, are you living close to Signature? Have you tried their rush tickets?

Brandy_Breath
#47re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/21/08 at 8:50pm

Rush is 30 minutes before the show and costs $20. I went Wednesday for my second time and got front row center (thank you box office people!). I've rushed twice now at the Signature and have gotten tickets and they have been amazing seats.

I would recommend if you are thinking of rushing to call before or check the website to see if there are tickets available still because the space is so small. Also, if you are a student call or go to the box office in person if you are a student and you can get a discount.

Avatar ~ Jesse JP Johnson as Jack in Glory Days.
Ben Crawford dot Com

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#48re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/21/08 at 9:14pm

Brandy,

Thank you so much. This is really helps. I am thinking about watching all three Kender&Ebb works. This is a good season for Signature.

PK2
#49re: Photos : Kiss of the Spider Woman (DC)
Posted: 3/21/08 at 11:11pm

Sadly to say I agreed with Washington Post review. It's a great production but lacks of heart. I think material is the issue here.

I also agreed with the below review, which I misused the word in another post.

"The character of Molina, though, has not worn well. His campy gestures -- the fey flourishes, the leering references, the red scarf he caresses to pretty up his drab prison garb -- seem very old hat: It's an antique, Quentin Crisp sort of gay character."

Videos