pixeltracker

Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family- Page 2

Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#25re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 3:19pm

Just saw Annaleigh walking in the middle of Times Square about a half hour ago. You could tell she was dressed for rehearsal. I think she would be great in the role!

Way to go Cortney and Krysta!

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

HometownGlory Profile Photo
HometownGlory
#26re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 3:25pm

I love Annaleigh Ashford, and maybe she would like to step away from the dumb blondes. This is a good route to take for her, I think.

Christ, people, it's called ACTING.
Updated On: 8/4/08 at 03:25 PM

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#27re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 3:30pm

Cortney and Krysta look so much alike. Can they be in Side Show?

I wonder if they both will understudy Wednesday if the cast remains the same.

Mattt Profile Photo
Mattt
#28re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 3:38pm

Krysta in ANOTHER ensemble role! She would make an amazing Wednesday. She needs to originate a role!

thevolleyballer
#29re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 3:50pm

This is hands-down one of my favorite upcoming projects, and this casting just solidifies it.

I am surprised, though, at the age difference between Ashford and Gumley. I've always seen them portrayed as relatively close in age and look, but I just can't imagine how this will turn out. I'm extremely excited, though, to see!

annajames
#30re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 4:00pm

Bebe is perfect! If she doesn't stay with it, I'd love to see Idina Menzel or Julia Murney as Morticia.

Autumn from the Legally Blonde show could be Wednesday!?!

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#31re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 4:26pm

Idina?! No thanks. Bebe, yes!

tonytonytony Profile Photo
tonytonytony
#32re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 4:47pm

Ashford is a STAR! She will brighten up any stage she hits. She was a standout in ensemble of Legally Blonde and did a GAH-LOR-IOUS job as Glinda. Cannot wait to see her in this wonderfully casted production.

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#33re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 4:54pm

"casted" is not a word.

Also, I adore Annaleigh as much as the next person but Wednesday is not really a role that "brightens".

ohjustjake
#34re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 5:00pm

It's probably hard for people to picture Annaleigh as Wednesday because she has only played two ditzy blonde roles. Who knows what she'll be able to do with this role, but the creative team must of felt she fit the role for the reading. Just sit back and see.

allofmylife Profile Photo
allofmylife
#35re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 5:03pm

Exactly! Give the young lady a chance and she'll probably wow you.

It's very hard to be convincingly dumb.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972787#3631451 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=963561#3533883 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955158#3440952 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954269#3427915 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955012#3441622 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954344#3428699

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#36re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 7:06pm

I'd like to reiterate my request for Alison Pill as Wednesday Addams.

If not her, then Madeleine Martin.

Craww
#37re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 7:17pm

I've actually always found Annaleigh Ashford a little spooky, so.

I mean, take away the perky blonde hair framing her face? It's kind of an off-kilter googly doll face. That, at least, is character appropriate.

jake6970
#38re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 7:23pm

I just think she is gonna be so funny. I mean, it's such off casting that it has to be something brilliant. There is no way the casting directors would cast someone who would play it as a dumb blonde. I'm sure she has something hilarious under her sleeve.

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#39re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 7:27pm

I adore Annaleigh and was pleasantly surprised when I read this. I always said I'd love to see her in something dark and the complete opposite of Margot and Glinda. I wish I saw her as Natalie in Feeling Electric.

Overall great cast! I always question why they try to turn so many movies into Broadway shows, but I have to admit I'm really excited for some of them, including this.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#40re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 8:18pm

Actually they are not turning the "movie" into a musical.
It was a cartoon and a TV series before it was a movie.

If Annaleigh is doing the reading they must need a kick ass voice and since they do these things with very little rehearsal they probably wanted an adult who could learn the material quickly.
This is just a reading, lots will change, including the cast.

Heybeenfood Profile Photo
Heybeenfood
#41re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 11:11pm

Weren't Ashford and Lane both attached to Catch Me If You Can as well? I wonder if they will have to choose between projects.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#42re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 11:30pm

I hope Bebe sticks with this project. Though she has 2 Tonys, she has yet to create a role in a new musical!

trav08 Profile Photo
trav08
#43re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 11:42pm

I love this cast . I hope the whole cast stays with it. I would love to see them in this show. Can't wait to hear a demo.

"right up here is where i store the juice."

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#44re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 11:55pm

ljay889, that's not entirely true.

Though it wasn't on Broadway and was a "song cylce" of sorts, Neuwirth created the ambiguous lead role she played in HERE LIES JENNY Off-Broadway several years ago.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#45re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/4/08 at 11:58pm

I should have been more specific. On Broadway I meant. She is a revival queen.

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#46re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/5/08 at 12:04am

Love the casting. However, the only reason Ashford concerns is me is here age matched up to Gumley. Maybe they are taking it in a whole other direction. I hope she does very well in the role. The only reason I have concerns with her playing wednesday is because her age should be relativly close to Pugslys. I mean she probably is twice as old as Gumley. (Assuming Gumley is 12ish)

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#47re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/5/08 at 12:08am

Gumley is 43 going on 12.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#48re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/5/08 at 1:56am

IS Annaleigh still in Chicago's Wicked?

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#49re: Arden, Ashford, Chamberlin, Burke & More in Addams Family
Posted: 8/5/08 at 10:18am

I am glad to see Kevin back doing a project like this...I think he has a great voice....How can you go wrong with Bebe and Nathan....I also love me some Annaleigh too............

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

Videos