pixeltracker

Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?- Page 2

Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#25re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 12:55pm

Aida, for many reasons, but they can all be summed up by saying because it was the first show I ever loved.

I think The Lion King is the best one, though. By far.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 3/2/09 at 12:55 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#26re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 1:00pm

By far THE LION KING. Innovative and well-suited for the stage but it still managed to maintain the charm and fun of the animated film.

Although BEAUTY AND THE BEAST will always have a special place in my heart (even if it was just a theme-park-esque show).

Hated AIDA, hated MERMAID, didn't see TARZAN, and still have not seen POPPINS although I probably will in the coming months.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#27re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 1:05pm

AIDA because it was "original."

MARY POPPINS because it's just amazing all the way around. The best set EVER on Broadway.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#28re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 1:09pm

Beauty and the Beast, loved everything: story, set, cast(s)...!

Followed by a close second Mary Poppins.

The Lion King is dead last for me -- didn't like it!

sgv123
#29re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 1:10pm

I will go with Mary Poppins for the same reasons as everyone else, but I also enjoyed The Little Mermaid.

boyfromoz2 Profile Photo
boyfromoz2
#30re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 1:15pm

Omg philly03, at last I've found someone who agrees with me about Lion King!! I just think its a visual spectacle with ABSOLUTELY ZERO SUBSTANCE - kinda like the flop musical of Lord of the Rings. The songs are boring, the book is a rehash of Hamlet and sadly the hype is neverending!!

broadwayjim42
#31re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 1:21pm

Having only seen two of them, my favorite has to be "Beauty and the Beast."

The only other one is "The Lion King," which after an admittedly amazing first ten minutes, lost me completely. The most boring show I have ever seen.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#32re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 1:34pm

boyfromoz2, Of course the book of Lion King is just another rehash of Hamlet. Keep in mind that that is what the movie is as well.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

WishingOnlyWounds2
#33re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 1:35pm

Beauty and The Beast then Mary Poppins.
They're both amazing.

I also loved Tarzan.

2008: Feb. 18- Rent, Feb. 19- Curtains, April 18- Xanadu, April 22- Wicked, April 26- Legally Blonde, May 31- Wicked, June 13- The Little Mermaid, June 28- Wicked and Young Frankenstein, July 2- The Little Mermaid, July 6- A Chorus Line and Legally Blonde, August 16- Xanadu, September 13- Legally Blonde and 13, September 28- Xanadu and Spring Awakening, Oct. 12-GYPSY and [title of show], Oct. 19- Hairspray & Legally Blonde, Nov. 9- Wicked and 13, Dec. 14-13, Dec. 26- Billy Elliot, 2009: Jan 1- Shrek, Jan 2- 13 and Wicked, Jan 4- 13, Feb 17- In The Heights, Feb 19- Billy Elliot, Feb 22- Sweeney Todd (tour), March 28- Mary Poppins, April 4- Mamma Mia!, April 15- Jersey Boys (on tour), April 25- next to normal & 9 to 5 May 1- Billy Elliot, May 3- Spelling Bee (tour), May 8- Chicago, May 21- Wicked, June 6- Everyday Rapture, June 23- The Wiz, June 25- Hair July 15- Shrek, August 9- Wicked, September 7- Rock of Ages, October 11- Next To Normal, October 23- The Marvelous Wonderettes, November 7- Ragtime November 29- Dreamgirls, December 25- Billy Elliot, December 30- Finian's Rainbow, 2010: January 9- Bye Bye Birdie, January 16- Memphis February 17- The Phantom of The Opera, February 18- God of Carnage, March 7- Billy Elliot, March 31- American Idiot

broadwaycat3113 Profile Photo
broadwaycat3113
#34re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 1:37pm

tarzan was my favorite. beauty and the beast was a close second. lion king is dead last for me. didn't like it at all.

"Put Your Faith In What You Most Believe In...."

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#35re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 2:01pm

Lion King for me all the way. For total staging and for sentimental reasons.

I dont mind Beauty, but the costumes to me are "all over the place" stylistically.

Aida a close second, I totally love that show and hated that it closed.

Saw Poppins and yes the set is good, I just didnt get into it.

So yeah, Lion King for me. Yes the story gets a bit clunky and slow, but its such a good show to just sit and watch, and I love all the African influenced songs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

legallysam Profile Photo
legallysam
#36re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 2:10pm

Well I mean after High School Musical: Live on Stage... :P

It's gotta be Mary Poppins, I saw it twice in London; once with LMK and then with Lisa O'Hara. I much prefered Lisa (LMK was still awesome). I adored the set and all the special effects, as well as the choreography!

Lion King really didn't do it for me. Everyone hyped it up so much, to the point I was expected to see the greatest show on earth and it really didn't deliver!

boyfromoz2 Profile Photo
boyfromoz2
#37re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 2:12pm

Completely agree Sam :) I feel the same way about HSM (jokes), Poppins and Lion King. You missed out on seeing Scarlett as Mary though, she totally owned the role!

Magica Profile Photo
Magica
#38re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 3:01pm

Beauty and the Beast...most successfully brings the spectacle.

Mary Poppins...It is hit or miss dependent on the child leads. The last time I saw it Jane/Michael were horribly shrill and ruined most of the show. But the Cherry Tree Lane Mansion set is amazing-it gets its own applause from the audience everytime I see it.

The Little Mermaid...My Fave Disney 'toon but there are some questionable staging/design in the production.

Tarzan...Ugly set,mediocre score and lousy book. The "Finale" is very anticlimactic.

On The Record

The Lion King...I was bored to tears.

Alas, I have not seen Aida nor HSM.

SingItOutLoud Profile Photo
SingItOutLoud
#39re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 4:29pm

When you saw MP, who were the Jane & Micheal?

Shows I wanna see: Shrek, Billy Elliot (again), Hair, In The Heights (again)

turquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
#40re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 4:38pm

I have seen Mary Poppins in London, The Lion King in Paris (Le Roi Lion) and the UK tour of Beauty and the Beast.
I love them all but would have to say The Lion King. It was so clever with all the different techniques used.
I am seeing the tour of Mary Poppins in Cardiff soon so my mind may yet be changed.

BroadwayBelle2 Profile Photo
BroadwayBelle2
#41re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 5:25pm

Mary Poppins - I've always loved the movie, and the show was even better.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#42re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 6:11pm

The Lion King closely followed by Beauty and the Beast. Hunchback might have made second if the Berlin production hadn't had such dull staging. Pretty much everything else about it was quite wonderful, though. Mary Poppins was a pleasant surprise, but Aida was a huge disappointment.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Valjeanjolras Profile Photo
Valjeanjolras
#43re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 6:14pm

I love AIDA just because of John Hickok. He stole that show for me!
Overall, believe it or not, Tarzan was my favorite... I just found it so compelling AND visually stimulating... Unlike Beauty and the Beast or Lion king which were all visuals and no heart for me.

PimpinPimpernel Profile Photo
PimpinPimpernel
#44re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 8:09pm

TARZAN!

Josh Strickland is the hottest!

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#45re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 8:15pm

Favorite: Beauty and the Beast (strong book and the additional songs have a purpose)

Hated: The Lion King (practically every second they added to the original material was painful to sit through)

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#46re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 8:19pm

what I've seen..Tarzan..I'm part of the minority that LOVED it

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#47re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 8:26pm

The silence for The Little Mermaid is deafening!!!!!

Liberavieve Profile Photo
Liberavieve
#48re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 8:32pm

"The Lion King," without question. Now, that's completely biased based on my love of the movie, but it doesn't change the fact that my fourteen-year-old self was almost moved to tears during 'The Circle of Life.'

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#49re: Your Favorite 'Disney' Show, and Why?
Posted: 3/2/09 at 8:36pm

Phantom of London, I loved Little Mermaid almost as much as I love your avatar. (Hint: Ridiculously much!)

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

Videos