pixeltracker

America on Letterman this week- Page 2

America on Letterman this week

Trish2
#25re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 12:48am

"w. That said, I paid close attention to Karen's dancing, and she seemed to be doing well to me, at least as well as the other girls."

Sorry, but just as well as the other girls just isn't good enough. She should be fantastic.

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#26re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 12:53am

I think the poster meant that Karen isn't the trainwreck that some members here have suggested.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#27re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 12:55am

Letterman just started here 20 minutes ago. I came home just to see it.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 3/13/09 at 12:55 AM

Craww
#27re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 12:55am

Well, my dad seemed to think she was a great dancer. (I'm not saying he's right, I'm saying everyone who says "Middle America won't know the difference" are correct.)

I thought she sounded wonderful. The worst thing I can say about the performance was...what is with her hair, honestly?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#29re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 1:03am

Were they singing live?
My TV sucks.
I agree they needed More Room.

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#30re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 2:05am

I felt like it was actually over-sang...

Over-sang and under-danced...

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#31re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 2:14am

For me, the problem was that they didn't have a background that was tailored to the performance. I am a big Letterman fan and they have performances on that stage that are pretty cool. They just kept the backdrop and it made it look small and cramped. Letterman did a better job of presenting Young Frankentein than he did this performance.

Q
#32re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 2:29am

This thread proves that the opinions here mean nothing - except, perhaps, in high school dressing rooms.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#33re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 2:44am

?

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#34re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 2:45am

huh?

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#35re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 3:41am

I really enjoyed the performance actually. Go Karen! re: America on Letterman this week

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#36re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 6:26am

I like the energy, LOVED Karen's singing, and thought her dancing, at least in thhis number, was strong.

I still don't believe she has to be "the best".

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#37re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 6:51am

Really wish I saw it re: America on Letterman this week

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#38re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 8:08am

I thought she was fantastic but I'm not the right person to asked if you want a fair opinion. I'm in love with Karen.

What do people not like about her hair? I think she looks amazing with the waving hair.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#39re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 8:10am

Just. Not. Good. ENOUGH.

directorkid Profile Photo
directorkid
#40re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 11:45am

I think that Laurents cast Karen knowing that she could give a grounded and truthful performance that could move the audience. Which is what she is doing every night at the Palace. Whether she is Chita or not, to me, doesn't matter. I would much rather see a real and resonant performance, that another chorus girl trying to play a part she doesn't have the presence to play.(a la Risch in Pal Joey) Karen is giving an energetic, charismatic, and emotional performance. She dances better than I do, and probably most posters on this board, so who am I to judge? I just know that when I saw she gave the strongest performance in the show and got the loudest applause. Dancing aside, she's clearly doing something right. I'm just happy to see this beautiful revival on Broadway and that Larents cast true performers and not just dancers.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#41re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 11:48am

I enjoyed their performance. Karen's not Chita or Debbie Allen, but it was still a good performance.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

jdln1973
#42re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 1:05pm

My DVR cut out 1/3 into the performance and I haven't been able to find the performance online. Does anyone have a link to it?

SporkGoddess
#43re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 1:10pm

Can we stop with the "Middle America" generalization? My sister is a dancer and she can tell, even though she lives in "Middle America."

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

musicaltheatreman
#44re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 1:43pm

the same thing happen to me. my dvr didnt record the whole performence. is there alink on youtube yet? thanks!

DrTheatre Profile Photo
DrTheatre
#45re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 2:13pm

I can not find the performance online either...even the letterman site does not have it up!

"In the U.S.A. You can have your say, You can set you goals And seize the day, You've been given the freedom To work your way To the head of the line- To the head of the line!" ---Stephen Sondheim

bwayguy22089
#46re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 2:24pm

I think a major problem with revivals is that the new cast members are always compared to those in former productions (Chita, Rita, Debbie). Personally, I've never heard an Anita sound so wonderful.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#47re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 2:38pm

I like to be in Middle America!
Okay by me in Middle America!
Everything free in Middle America!
For a smafee in Middle America!

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#48re: America on Letterman this week
Posted: 3/13/09 at 3:25pm

Link?

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

lizliz

Videos