pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 21

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#500The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/16/16 at 2:43pm

^Thank you! I saw him go on as George Washington in November. He was excellent.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

nicnyc Profile Photo
nicnyc
#501The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/18/16 at 4:14am

I saw the show for the seventh time tonight (once at The Public, six on Broadway - I'm very OCD, make plans far in advance which benefitted me greatly based on the ticket situation) - and I was just completely blown away by how much something that looked like perfection could actually outdo itself.  Chris Jackson & Lin in particular seemed to find ways to deepen and enrich their performances since I saw it in December.  They both had more emotion, played for higher stakes/raised their sense of urgency, found some cool new choices  - and found spots to be more vulnerable.  It really moved me even more than all the other times I've seen it.  The level to which Lin & Chris have upped their game is just stunning!

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#502The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/18/16 at 4:16am

Has anyone ever identified the ensemble members who have the solo lines in "The Election of 1800?" I'm sure someone is obsessed enough to remember this but I haven't been able to find anything. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#503The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/18/16 at 8:03am

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/HAMILTONs-Javier-Munoz-Reveals-Cancer-Diagnosis-Praises-Cast-for-Support-20160318

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#504The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/18/16 at 10:33am

Wow! Best wishes to Javi for a continued recovery! And good on Leslie Odom Jr. for organizing a food delivery service to take worrying about meals off Javi. It sounds like the whole cast really came together in support. I am honored to even sit in the audience to watch them.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#505The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/18/16 at 10:36am

Always sad to have medical concerns.   Nice to hear he's feeling the support.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#506The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/18/16 at 3:27pm

Javier Muñoz... what a freaking champ. Who could have known this diagnosis? I think I speak on behalf of a lot of people when I send him lots of prayers and lots of well wishes and genuine admiration for how he's handled it all.

lizzybees
#507The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/18/16 at 3:36pm

He's been pretty open about the whole situation on Twitter over the last few months, and posting updates as he was going through physical therapy (though he didn't say it was cancer until he was already back in the show). I'm just glad he's back at full strength :) He's a really nice guy.

BwayFan832
#508The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/18/16 at 9:11pm

If anyone has won the lottery since it went digital: I know you have to pick up the tickets less than 30 minutes to curtain. However, is it possible to pick them up and then give them to someone outside the theater? Or do they do wristbands or otherwise monitor this? Wondering if it's worth entering for a friend if I have tickets to another show. 

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#509The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/22/16 at 1:12am

To answer a couple of questions: 

Betsy's replacement is Hope Easterbrook (http://www.hamiltonbroadway.com/cast.php)

Javi confirmed that Jon will be on as Hamilton on the March 31st and April 1st (https://twitter.com/JMunozActor/status/712103563359600640)

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#510The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/22/16 at 7:23am

Since I saw the show in November, Gerald Avery and Betsy Struxness have left the show. Hope Easterbrook, Karla Garcia, Shonica Gooden, David Guzman and Gregory Haney have since been added to the cast.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#511The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/22/16 at 9:15am

To NicNYC at the top of this page:

1) Are you in the 1 percent or independently wealthy?

2) Who do you know at the Richard Rodgers?

3) Don't tell me you spend days in waiting lines.

4) How do you get a decent seat every time?

LASTLY, I've seen it just once at the RR and when can I meet you at the theater? Please buy me a ticket. The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD] 

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#512The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/22/16 at 10:00am

^they did say they bought the tickets far in advance so it's not like they are a billionaire buying the 1000 dollar resale tickets.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#513The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/22/16 at 10:51am

Or even if they were buying $1,000 tickets, or waiting on the cancellation line for 25 hours, or whatever, it would be their money/their time. 

Im not the poster being questioned by Steve, but I've seen Hamilton a few times, with tickets for two more: June 2016, which I bought in August 2015 (regular price, at the RR box office, so no TM fees), and December 2016, which I bought in January 2016 (regular price, online during TM/AmEx presale, so I did have to pay TM fees.) I'm not the 1%, independently wealthy, a celebrity, a bot or scalper manipulating the TM website, sleeping with someone who works at RR, or whatever else gets thrown around at people who have seen the show more than once. I do however yes have the freedom that comes with living in NYC, and not being constrained by vacation dates, etc. I wanted to see the show in June, and in December, and so I planned and bought ahead to do so. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#514The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/22/16 at 11:03am

People are "comfortable" (by which I mean they have a job that pays them pretty well) are by no means "rich" but have a certain amount of disposable income. And they can dispose of it in the way that (hopefully) makes them happiest. One can see Hamilton a half dozen times for less than it costs to have a nice dinner out every month, take a vacation, buy expensive shoes, go out drinking a lot or smoking. If you are lucky you might even be able to afford 2-3 of those things. Choices: it's what makes America great right now The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#515The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/22/16 at 11:11am

I've seen it twice, and holding tix for a third time equaling 7 tickets.  Still haven't spent a thousand bucks.  It can be done, it just take patience, planning and a little luck.

I don't go on fancy vacations, I go to Broadway.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#516The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/22/16 at 11:53am

it's absolutely crazy the amount of swings the show has already(10 total). I know it's a physically demanding show & vacations are likely coming up for most cast members, but 10 swings is a lot.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BroadwayConcierge
#517The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/22/16 at 12:01pm

According to Lin's Twitter, ensemble member Emmy Raver-Lampman will be making her Angelica debut tonight.

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
nicnyc Profile Photo
nicnyc
#519The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/22/16 at 1:42pm

Dear SteveC:

I am not even remotely independently wealthy.

I know no one at the Richard Rodgers.

You are correct - I've spent no time waiting in lines.

I saw it once at The Public - we bought tickets the day they went on sale for our 19th anniversary - because I wanted to make sure we saw it because we had never gotten to see "In the Heights".  Of course, we had no idea what it would become - or that by the time our anniversary rolled around - that it would be a very hot ticket.  I just love theater and wanted to see Lin. 

When it transferred to Broadway, my boyfriend did the lottery every day on his way home from work (before it went digital) - he actually won once, very early on, and took me.  

Everything else has been advance planning (we saw it at The Public so we knew before it ever transferred how much we loved it!).  We bought multiple sets of tickets for our own personal use the moment they went on sale.  When the next batch went on sale, we did the same thing. We used vacation money we had saved up to buy tickets every few months during the first year of the run - we got tix for his birthday, my birthday, Christmas, our 20th anniversary.  We decided we loved it so much that we would rather go see Hamilton several times than go on the big vacation we had been planning/saving for a long time.  Not a choice many people would make, but it was the right choice for us.  The seats we bought were the up close side orchestra seats, sometimes right next to the premiums - row B or C - for $177 a piece, which is still a lot of money for us.  A couple times we bought the partial view seats against the wall as it was all that was there for the night we wanted - they were still great and you only missed a few seconds here and there.  

I don't know why I bothered to answer you when you clearly made a lot of rotten assumptions about me - and I am very sorry if I came across some way that led you to make those assumptions. I was just expressing my enthusiasm for the actors' performances and acknowledging how much they continue to grow.  I am not any of the things you imagined.  Just someone who has loved theater since I was a very little kid and was lucky enough to know how much I loved the show before it transferred, plan accordingly and make the sacrifices necessary to make it happen. 

And no, I can't take you.  My boyfriend would never forgive me for going without him.  Sorry :)

Nicnyc

Steve C. said: "To NicNYC at the top of this page:

1) Are you in the 1 percent or independently wealthy?

2) Who do you know at the Richard Rodgers?

3) Don't tell me you spend days in waiting lines.

4) How do you get a decent seat every time?

LASTLY, I've seen it just once at the RR and when can I meet you at the theater? Please buy me a ticket. The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD] 

"

nicnyc Profile Photo
nicnyc
#520The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/22/16 at 1:44pm

Thank you, Call_me_jorge, Anakela, HogansHero, dramamama611.  My boyfriend and I both work very hard - and going to theater is and will always be our great love - and we make out choices accordingly.  I appreciate your understanding. :)

Updated On: 3/22/16 at 01:44 PM

Hairspray0901
#521The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/22/16 at 1:51pm

I saw Hamilton for the first time on Sunday, March 20th (Purchased tickets in May 2015). Javier Munoz was INCREDIBLE as was the entire cast!!! I had an understudy for Eliza (Carleigh Bettiol, who was fantastic). The entire show exceeded way beyond my expectations (I honestly didn't think I would like it) and I just purchased the cast recording this morning. It really is THAT good. My seats were perfect, row L left orchestra seats 9 and 11, truly couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Updated On: 3/22/16 at 01:51 PM

judebarsto
#522The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/22/16 at 6:32pm

I, too, was so lucky to see Hamilton (also first time) on Saturday, March 19, matinee. We got (rather expensive) resale tix about 4 months ago for my special birthday. Fantastic seats, second row center mezzanine. Although I was initially disappointed that I missed seeing Lin, I have to say that Javier was indeed INCREDIBLE as was the rest of the cast! The show was thrilling and stunning, best show/experience I've had the pleasure to see. It totally lived up to and even surpassed all the hype. And I do think it is the SHOW, not the particular cast that is the star. So it will be awesome to see this on tour as well, hopefully in 2017!

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#523The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/23/16 at 12:37pm

To NicNYC and everyone that replied. Please please, Nic, I apologize. I by no means meant to cast dispersions or negativity on you, your passion for the show, or your ability to have the privilege of being able to see and enjoy the show, (30 times ,even, if you want to) if you have that flexibility. I myself and my husband do not live in NY, we're in MD but we do get to NY at least once per month, usually twice. I truly truly didn't mean to make fun or criticize you; ( anyone on BWW that knows me can tell you I'm one of the least confrontational persons on these chat boards), I also think I try to be nice or considerate in my posts but I apparently choked onstage this time. I too, if time and distance were not an issue for us, can guarantee we would be doing the same as you both. Sometimes we even see different shows when we come up. We got our tickets to Hamilton before the raves and clamoring for tickets started, got great seats and didn't pay $440. or whatever, or scalpers. I think we both got in for under $320 for great orchestra seats. When I read your post I thought that you guys are both very lucky or determined in ticket availability and have the opportunity to get there multiple times. I sincerely apologize again and hope every time you see Hamilton you have a total blast. The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

BroadwayConcierge
#524The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/23/16 at 7:50pm

Anxious to hear how Emmy Raver-Lampman has been doing as Angelica! I know she went on last night, and I believe she was on for the matinee and is also on this evening. I'm not sure if she's scheduled to perform in the role for Goldsberry's entire vacation (I think there is at least one other swing/understudy in the role—and also, where has standby Alysha Deslourieux been?), but either way, would love to hear about Emmy! The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

Updated On: 3/23/16 at 07:50 PM

Videos