pixeltracker

The 74th Annual Tony Awards (2021) - News & Discussion Thread- Page 23

The 74th Annual Tony Awards (2021) - News & Discussion Thread

CPannullo
#55074th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:08pm

So happy to see Elizabeth Stanley performing tonight with JLP!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#55174th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:09pm

ucjrdude902 said: "This really is infuriating. So you force everyone to get Paramount+...then the primetime show...you don't even air live. What a disaster for the TONYs and CBS."

The only way to get cbs live is to pay for the premium version of Paramount Plus. I'm just watching on my broadcast channel only started 5 minutes late.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#55274th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:09pm

I didn't care for "The Inheritance" and it was a flopped and didn't get good reviews, so I'm so surprised it won especially given the past year and optics of it beating "Slave Play." But hey, whatever. 

It felt like a piece about privilege. That said, I would have liked to see Part 2 just to have the whole experience. 

Did anything interesting happen with the set/direction in Part 2? 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#55374th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:10pm

RippedMan said: "Did anything interesting happen with the set/direction in Part 2?"

No.

BCfitasafiddle
#55474th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:11pm

I forgot how over-stuffed JLP was.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#55574th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:12pm

Damn you Josh Groban with your angel voice! Great duet, loved it.

I cannot get excited about a JLP performance, too much has happened unfortunately. 

bwayobsessed
#55674th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall

I feel like I have no idea what the story of jagged little pill is despite having seen a decent number of their promotional performances

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#55774th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall

Glad to see Ashford out of her American Crime make up.

BCfitasafiddle
#55874th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:14pm

You can tell they are keeping Patten out of the light in these recent TV appearances. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#55974th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:15pm

JLP is just a Lifetime movie, but a musical. When I saw it the set was so clunky and people moving into place, and every song meant that the entire ensemble had to come out and dance around. It was exhausting watching a bunch of old white people create a "hip" musical. Oof. I hated it. 

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#56074th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:16pm

Absolutely astounding that Jagged Little Pill didn’t do You Oughta Know. It’s the only reason to see the show.

SouthernCakes
#56174th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:16pm

Sorry even on the Tonys Tveit is sucking the soul out of the room.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#56274th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:17pm

Good riddance, Gooding and Cipriano. 

Solid last gasp for the company of IraNora, Diablo, & the Great Controversy of 2021. January 2nd closing announcement coming this week?

Oh look, a bibu!
Updated On: 9/26/21 at 10:17 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#56374th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:19pm

SouthernCakes said: "Sorry even on the Tonys Tveit is sucking the soul out of the room."

His speech was one of the best of the night and he performed with his cast. He won a Tony tonight. So, put your weird, obsessive, jealousy fueled rage with him aside for tonight, no one wants to hear it.

Thanks so much. 

Congratulations again to a successful actor (and not a failed one) Aaron Tveit!!!!! 

BroadwayGirl107
#56474th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:19pm

Jordan Levinson said: "Good riddance, Gooding and Cipriano.

Solid last gasp for the company ofIris,Nora, Diablo, & the Great Controversy of 2021. January 2nd closing announcement coming this week?
"

I’m trying to wrap my head around a performance featuring  underwhelming numbers centering the most boring actor in the show who announced she’s leaving rather their Tony Award winning performer who commands mid show standing ovations. Man the Jagged producers really have their heads up their bums. 

SouthernCakes
#56574th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:21pm

Sutton Ross said: "SouthernCakes said: "Sorry even on the Tonys Tveit is sucking the soul out of the room."

His speech was one of the best of the night and he performed with his cast. He won a Tony tonight. So, put your weird, obsessive, jealousy fueled rage with him aside for tonight, no one wants to hear it.

Thanks so much.

Congratulations again to a successful actor (and not a failed one) Aaron Tveit!!!!!

"

It’s called an opinion, babe. Thanks for being a fan. 

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#56674th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:21pm

Jordan Levinson said: "Good riddance, Gooding and Cipriano.

Solid last gasp for the company ofIra,Nora, Diablo, & the Great Controversy of 2021. January 2nd closing announcement coming this week?
"

I wonder what will land at the Broadhurst if JLP closes by then?

BCfitasafiddle
#56774th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:24pm

The in memoriam needing more than one song breaks my heart.

BroadwayGirl107
#56874th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:26pm

I honestly usually cannot stand Tveit, but I was moved to tears by his speech. And to the people who are SO bitter that they didn't want him to win..I hope if I meet you I know to avoid you, no one needs that negativity in their life, lol. 

gibsons2
#56974th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:26pm

Jordan Levinson said: "Just think - Beanie Feldstein will be on the Tonys stage next year, belting her face off with "Don't Rain on My Parade"."

"Belting"....

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#57074th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:27pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "The inmemoriam needing more than one song breaks my heart."

I usually get a little misty during the in memoriam segment, but I full-on cried at this one. It just felt so overwhelming how many people we've lost. And so many of them are the absolute greats. Truly devastating.

SouthernCakes
#57174th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall

JLP was a hit before the pandemic, and I’d imagine the demand is still there. Guess we will see, but I don’t think any of this controversy is going to close it. It might seem big to us, but the average ticket buyer doesn’t care. Hell, Woody Allen’s still making movies .

broadfan327
#57274th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall

BCfitasafiddle said: "The inmemoriam needing more than one song breaks my heart."

It was the best in memoriam awards show segment I have ever seen.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#57374th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:28pm

That was so good and touching.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BCfitasafiddle
#57474th Annual Tony Awards will go digital this fall
Posted: 9/26/21 at 10:29pm

broadfan327 said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "The inmemoriam needing more than one song breaks my heart."

It was the best in memoriam awards show segment I have ever seen.
"

Truly gorgeous. That curtain at the end is an image that will stay with me forever.

Videos