pixeltracker

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018- Page 25

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#600FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/1/17 at 11:34am

" they always go in a different direction"  this is the same direction. The reindeer is no cartoony but that snowman is the same snowman.  

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#601FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/1/17 at 11:37am

Honestly, in seeing that "trailer," I'm warming up a little bit to the idea of Caissie's Elsa. She is beautiful, and though I'll always wish it was Betsy Wolfe, I'm open to seeing Caissie's take on it.

I still just can't with Patti Murin as Anna.

HennySlay
#602FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/1/17 at 11:39am

finebydesign said: "snowman

reindeer

You can see the reindeer and snowman puppets here.  The reindeer looks more realistic than what they have on the cruise and themepark, but that snowman looks the same.  I'm really baffled as to how they are going to make this anyway different than what they have already done for the kiddies.  Aren't these the same puppeteers working on the crewship?  The set design/costumes etc all look as expected.  I understand they are obligated to give people what they want... but oy they really seem to be painting by numbers here.  Hopefully the ice castle will be more inspired but it will probably look like the logo which looks like the movie.  I'm more interested in seeing what they do to Pinocchio this winter in England, Dumbo would have been so cool with the War Horse guys (they ended up using that in the circus show).  

"

Have we even seen pictures of the costumes or set for the Broadway production? How are you judging something you haven't even seen officially yet?

finebydesign
#603FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/1/17 at 11:43am

Oh HennySlay this is all purely speculation based on what we've seen and that it opens in a few weeks. A **** ton could change from now till Broadway.  

ohjustjake
#604FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/1/17 at 11:52am

Call_me_jorge said: "Nice little glimpse of the set. Seems like the deck features a revolve or two. https://twitter.com/frozenbroadway/status/890226386534846465

"

Looks like 3 total turn tables - maybe similar to Shrek's 3 turn tables?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#605FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/1/17 at 11:59am

Oh HennySlay this is all purely speculation based on what we've seen and that it opens in a few weeks. A **** ton could change from now till Broadway.  

Exactly.  The show is trying out in Denver.  Precisely what that means: TRYING OUT.  Costumes will be modified; sets will be modified; songs will be cut/trimmed/modified.  More even so after it begins rehearsals again for its Broadway run. 

Countless shows changed drastically between their out-of-town tryouts and Broadway openings.  From classic and legendary shows like CHICAGO, FUNNY GIRL to OKLAHOMA! to as recent as THE ADDAMS FAMILY and WAR PAINT.  Heck, after horrible out-of-town reviews, the Billy Joel MOVIN' OUT literally tore up completely its pre-Broadway script, started from point one again and had a successful Broadway run.  

Things WILL change between Denver and Broadway. 

JohnyBroadway
#606FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/1/17 at 12:02pm

Michael Curry was the puppet designer for the cruise ship and theme park productions. And was billed with the creative teams for those productions. As of yeah He has not been billed with this creative team, if I'm not mistaken?

A1st
#607FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/1/17 at 1:08pm

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway

KathyNYC2
#608FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/1/17 at 4:29pm

RippedMan said: "Isn't that how it always is on Broadway? I mean Gavin Creel was playing a teen in Book of Mormon"

just look at the actresses who are cast in Mean Girls. They are supposed to be 15-16 and in high school. None of the actresses are anywhere near that age. Mean Girls only works as well as it does because the characters are young and silly/stupid. They are going to be way less endearing as played by adults. 

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#609FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/1/17 at 4:34pm

KathyNYC2 said: "RippedMan said: "Isn't that how it always is on Broadway? I mean Gavin Creel was playing a teen in Book of Mormon"

just look at the actresses who are cast in Mean Girls. They are supposed to be 15-16 and in high school. None of the actresses are anywhere near that age. Mean Girls only works as well as it does because the characters are young and silly/stupid. They are going to be way less endearing as played by adults.
"

All of the actresses were like 30 in the movie.

Big Apple2 Profile Photo
Big Apple2
#610FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/1/17 at 4:49pm

Looking forward to seeing this in Denver next month.

finebydesign
#611FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/1/17 at 4:50pm

Michael Curry is billed for puppets here.

jonlow09
#612FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/1/17 at 5:12pm

GeorgeandDot said: "KathyNYC2 said: "RippedMan said: "Isn't that how it always is on Broadway? I mean Gavin Creel was playing a teen in Book of Mormon"

"

All of the actresses were like 30 in the movie.

"

When Mean Girls released in 2004...

Rachel McAdams was 25

Lacey Chabert was 21

Amanda Seyfried was 18

Lindsay Lohan was 18

that said, I'm all about the Mean Girls Broadway casting. Frozen, maybe not as much, but I think they know what they're doing.

Updated On: 8/1/17 at 05:12 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#613FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/1/17 at 5:17pm

So you're mad because the reindeer is realistic and the snowman looks like the character it is based off of? I don't get it. 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#614FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/4/17 at 10:25am

The official artwork is here!

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway

I like the final choice, plus the "obvious"and "too safe" one, but I loved the "too creepy" one the best. The "playful" one is awful and the "sci-fi" and the "not enough personality" ones are hideous. Really disappointed there's no Anna in it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/04/theater/heres-the-new-frozen-musical-poster-and-seven-that-didnt-make-the-cut.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Ftheater&action=click&contentCollection=theater®ion=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=1&pgtype=sectionfront 

Updated On: 8/4/17 at 10:25 AM

curel1
#615FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/4/17 at 10:41am

I'm glad they went with this one, the other one's were not great at all (though I liked the specialized one)

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#616FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/4/17 at 10:58am

I love the two faces in the snowflake.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#617FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/4/17 at 10:59am

bwayphreak234 said: "I love the two faces in the snowflake.

"

Yup, just found Anna! Patti just hinted it 

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#619FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/4/17 at 1:53pm

My favorite is the "too obvious" one, but I think the one they chose is my second favorite. It reminds me of the Wicked art, but it's more subtle, it will look beautiful on a marquee and Playbill! WAY better than the Aladdin art, which is boring! 

Cfried
#620FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/4/17 at 1:55pm

The type they're using is just so...flat. I don't care for this artwork. 

Broadwaywest Profile Photo
Broadwaywest
#621FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/4/17 at 2:04pm

FROZEN to Officially Hit BroadwayFROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway

FROZEN to Officially Hit BroadwayFROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#622FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/4/17 at 2:05pm

I am in LOVE with the design of the snowflake, but the font for the text is just so boring. I hope this isn't permanent. I also love they showcased the other ideas they had. Didn't Hamilton have a similar article?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

nightnic001 Profile Photo
nightnic001
#623FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/4/17 at 2:26pm

Quick Playbill edit

photo Frozen Playbillss_zpsfjnt1isw.jpg

Updated On: 8/4/17 at 02:26 PM

nightnic001 Profile Photo
nightnic001
#624FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 8/4/17 at 2:28pm

The other options...