pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 29

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#700HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 2:23pm

I believe that they coronated Thayne because, at least to my knowledge, an understudy has never gone on for King George before. 

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#701HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 2:24pm

Why no Lafayette/Jefferson replacement? Isn't Seth Stewart only scheduled through the end of the year?

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#702HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 2:24pm

TARAN KILLAM!!!!!!!

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

neonlightsxo
#703HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 2:35pm

jonartdesigns said: "I believe that they coronated Thayne because, at least to my knowledge, an understudy has never gone on for King George before. "

Thayne and Andrew Chappelle have both been on for King George this fall/winter already. Thayne has been on multiple times.

"Why no Lafayette/Jefferson replacement? Isn't Seth Stewart only scheduled through the end of the year?"

Unclear on both counts.

Updated On: 12/14/16 at 02:35 PM

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#704HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 2:36pm

Andrew Chappelle has gone on as King George at least once 

casedilla2
#705HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 2:44pm

Happy to see Alysha re-joining the cast! And also surprised to see Jordan Fisher leaving so soon.

I also sincerely hope they have someone line up for Lafayette/Jefferson and just haven't announced it yet... Seth Stewart is by far the weakest link of the cast right now.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#706HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 2:47pm

casedilla2 said: "Seth Stewart is by far the weakest link of the cast right now."

I could make the same case for Mandy Gonzalez as Angelica, sadly.

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#707HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 2:49pm

Killam must either be really broke, wants to have a stage career, or really want to play King George because its been less then 6 Months since he left SNL. 

I also can't imagine him being cheaper then any of the original cast many of which were forced out for financial reasons.....

Dallas Theatre Fan
#708HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 2:52pm

quizking101 said: "TARAN KILLAM!!!!!!!

So I take he is leaving SNL for this?  It's a shame if he is, he was one of the better cast members in my opinion.  

nightnic001 Profile Photo
nightnic001
#709HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 2:57pm

Taran already left SNL before the start of this season. 

akmiller_98
#710HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 3:00pm

J. Quinton Johnson was by far my favorite thing about "Everybody Wants Some." He is just plain adorable. So happy to see him get this role.  (I think the young Hamilton fans will be crushing hard on him.) He already has some very cute twitter posts about Hamilton.

Updated On: 12/14/16 at 03:00 PM

Castle2
#711HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 3:02pm

Another article about the replacements. Doesn't have any additional info though. 

http://variety.com/2016/legit/news/taran-killam-hamilton-broadway-debut-1201942325/

LarryD2
#712HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 3:06pm

bdn223 said: "Killam must either be really broke, wants to have a stage career, or really want to play King George because its been less then 6 Months since he left SNL. 

I also can't imagine him being cheaper then any of the original cast many of which were forced out for financial reasons.....

"

Yeah, I'm sure he took this job out of desperation. That's usually why people join the most successful musical of all time.

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#713HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 3:16pm

bdn223 said: "Killam must either be really broke, wants to have a stage career, or really want to play King George because its been less then 6 Months since he left SNL. 

"

I have no idea what point you're trying to make here. The show is a hit, why wouldn't he want to step in?

Castle2
#714HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 3:18pm

I'm seeing the Jan 18 matinee, so I'll be getting Killam's second show, and two other principals who are in their second weeks. If they announce a new Lafayette/Jefferson that could be a fourth! I'm excited to see the fresh faces. 

casedilla2
#715HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 3:30pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "casedilla2 said: "Seth Stewart is by far the weakest link of the cast right now."

I could make the same case for Mandy Gonzalez as Angelica, sadly.
"

I actually whole heartedly disagree on Mandy! She is my favorite OBC replacement so far.

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#716HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 3:37pm

Anthony Lee Medina was charming and adorable as Usnavi in In the Heights at TUTS here in Houston a couple of months ago.   Although I was looking forward to seeing Jordan Fisher in April and disappointed he's leaving so soon, I couldn't be happier with his replacement.

neonlightsxo
#717HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 3:46pm

Bdn, you're joking right? His wife, Cobie Smulders, is also appearing on Broadway in 2017. Why would you not step into a hit and also be in the same city on Broadway with your spouse?

"forced out for financial reasons....."
Nobody was forced out for financial reasons.

Updated On: 12/14/16 at 03:46 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#718HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 3:51pm

Were Rory and Jonathan on shorter contracts than the rest of the cast? The show certainly doesn't need Taran so I wonder why they are replacing Rory or if he got a new gig.

could nerds be coming in this season??

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

LarryD2
#719HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 3:53pm

Rory will have been with the production for 9 months by the time he leaves. That's not a "short" engagement by any stretch.

neonlightsxo
#720HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 3:53pm

"could nerds be coming in this season??"

Are you joking

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#721HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 3:57pm

Larry, oh wow. I guess I forgot Jonathan left earlier than the others. I guess I thought Rory began performances in July with the other replacements. 

Neon, of course 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

neonlightsxo
#722HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 4:00pm

You never know with you.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#723HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 4:08pm

Call_me_jorge said: "could nerds be coming in this season??"

LOLOLOLOL

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

ChiTheaterFan
#724HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/16 at 4:08pm

I saw Alysha as Eliza awhile back and she was absolutely phenomenal.  I bet she'll be a great Peggy/Maria.  She was so great that I really thought the star was the role itself until I saw Ari Afshar, who is fine but the weakest member of the Chicago cast.  Seeing her really made me appreciate both Alysha and Philippa.  Alysha was the best non-original cast principal I've seen (other than Karen Olivo who is just the best at everything).  I'd say her performance was as good, or at least close to as good, as Philippa's. 

Videos