pixeltracker

'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread- Page 3

'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#50'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/25/11 at 1:16pm

Just got the sample cd yesterday and am listening to it right now. I actually really like what I'm hearing. I'm really excited for this show now. I loved the movie and read the book as well.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

pli1018
#51'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/25/11 at 1:38pm

I wish they would record a new version of "Jet Set." The version here is just a new cut of the original demo. I know it's probably more money to record an ensemble number, but it's my favorite. :p

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#52'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/25/11 at 2:04pm

pli1018

I would assume that they are doing a full new recording for the cast recording in the next few months.

Skywalker3
#53'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/25/11 at 4:07pm

Wonders why there isn't a song with Norbert Leo Butz on the promo?

hmpeterson Profile Photo
hmpeterson
#54'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/25/11 at 4:17pm

This and Sister Act are the two shows I am really excited to see this season!!! What a cast. I can't wait to get my tickets!!!

mybigsplash Profile Photo
mybigsplash
#55'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/25/11 at 4:32pm

The Spring Awakening fangirls jumped on the Next to Normal train. Now the Next to Normal fangirls jumped on the Catch Me if You Can train.

Or was it Wicked>>Spring Awakening>>Next to Normal>>Catch Me if You Can?

or Rent>>Spring Awakening>>Next to Normal>>American Idiot>>Catch Me If You Can?

Stephen: "Could you grab me a coffee?" Me: "Would you like that with all the colors of the wind?"

pli1018
#56'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/25/11 at 6:47pm

"I would assume that they are doing a full new recording for the cast recording in the next few months."

Well obviously.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#57'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/25/11 at 7:34pm

Sooo... about this demo.

Please and thank you.

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#58'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/25/11 at 9:41pm

I met Margo Lion tonight at a Broadway League conference and I got the chance to talk to her about the show and she sounds so excited. She was saying that yesterday's read-through was really wonderful. I couldn't wait to see the show before, but after talking to her I am even more excited.

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#59'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/26/11 at 1:31am

I hope you all are willing to defend your love for this show when this steaming pile of crap comes to Broadway. Seattle is the worst city to try out in. A city of passive aggressive trend followers than couldn't find true art even if it was labeled and cataloged. Good luck. Hope they've fixed that dreadful book and kept the 2 or 3 good numbers and replaced the rest. The Hairspray factor will get the though Seattle but ain't gonna cut it on Broadway. Great performances. Lousy book and uneven score. Write real theatre songs and stop looking to that eras' Top 40 for inspiration.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

Mildred Plotka
#60'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/26/11 at 1:31am

I hope you all are willing to defend your love for this show when this steaming pile of crap comes to Broadway. Seattle is the worst city to try out in. A city of passive aggressive trend followers than couldn't find true art even if it was labeled and cataloged. Good luck. Hope they've fixed that dreadful book and kept the 2 or 3 good numbers and replaced the rest. The Hairspray factor will get the though Seattle but ain't gonna cut it on Broadway. Great performances. Lousy book and uneven score. Write real theatre songs and stop looking to that eras' Top 40 for inspiration.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#62'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/26/11 at 3:55pm

What do you not understand about a love thread? It's for those who actually like the show to spread their love and share that love with other people who like it.

Mildred Plotka
#63'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/26/11 at 4:13pm

You haven't even seen the freaking thing yet. How do you know you like it?

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#64'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/26/11 at 4:18pm

Well I like the music so far and I have nothing negative to say about the show so why not comment in the thread where I can express my positive opinion for the show. If I end up not liking the show itself then I won't comment in this thread because this is for people who like the goddam show (or music in this case)

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#65'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/26/11 at 4:19pm

I found the sampler to be very tepid.
The music was just so...boring.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#66'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/26/11 at 4:23pm

Count me among those who just has no interest in this.

Would someone PLEASE write an orginal musical not based on a damn movie and pepper it with some songs that will become standards?

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#67'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/26/11 at 4:40pm

They should have used Goodbye and Someone Else's Skin. Aaron does a great job with both.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#68'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/26/11 at 4:58pm

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED "Fly, Fly Away", but if this sample represents the show as a whole, I'm definitely out.

Book me PRISCILLA and BOOK OF MORMON.
Something gay and something religious will make for a great Spring for me.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

bwayfan7000
#69'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/26/11 at 6:59pm

Mildred, Brian Yorkey has helped to rework the book.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

Mildred Plotka
#70'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/26/11 at 7:16pm

I said positive things about the production in Seattle. I wish the show no ill will, but it's not gonna fly if they haven't addressed the key problems.

Overkill Profile Photo
Overkill
#71'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/27/11 at 12:30am

The show did have problems in Seattle, but they weren't as awful as I think you're making them out to be. Now, the weakest thing in the whole show was definitley the book, but I believe they knew that when they were doing it. Which is why it was a legit try out and not an out of town try out for a direct run. The score is pretty solid to me. And the performances are the best I've seen in a long, long time.

KimmySwimmy Profile Photo
KimmySwimmy
#72'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/27/11 at 12:44am

I have an extra mailer....anyone still need/want one?

ILuv2shop531
#73'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/27/11 at 1:37am

You mean the one with the CD in it? I would possibly be interested.

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#74'Live in Living Color': CATCH ME IF YOU CAN love thread
Posted: 1/28/11 at 12:22pm

Can someone please PM me the demo cd. I never understand how some people receive these promo materials and some don't. I buy tons of tickets off ticket-master and tele-charge and still never receive promos for anything.

Anyway, I have preview tix for CMIYC and i would love to hear the promo CD before i see it.

R ;o)

Videos