pixeltracker

First show seen on broadway?- Page 3

First show seen on broadway?

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#50First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 2:54pm

The Civil War in 1999, I don't really remember much about it but from posts I've read on here that is probably a good thing lol

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#51First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 3:19pm

on BROADWAY...COMPANY...Summer of 1970 right after it won it's Tony awards...i would end up 2nd acting COMPANY 9 times...:)

on tour...I DO! I DO!... with Mary Martin and Robert Preston, sometime in the late 60's in Los Angeles at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion...i honestly cannot remember the year..lol
Updated On: 9/16/14 at 03:19 PM

KnewItWhenIWasInFron
#52First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 3:39pm

"The House of Blue Leaves," in 1986

hairspraydude1962
#53First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 3:53pm

Broadway: Hairspray (Surprise!)
Tour: Peter Pan

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#54First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 3:57pm

First Tour: They're Playing Our Song (San Francisco)
Broadway: A Chorus Line and/or Sophisticated Ladies. (I was 7 at the time and that was my frist time to NYC and I cannot recall which order I saw them in)

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

holdmetouchme Profile Photo
holdmetouchme
#55First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 4:50pm

First show on Broadway - Two Gentlemen of Verona (April 1972)

First musical production - West Side Story, Summer 1968, North Shore Music Theater

First Broadway tour - Fiddler on the Roof (1969? - Paul Lipson as Tevye?)

Perhaps it was not a dream.

peerrjb
#56First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 6:19pm

I'd seen a lot of touring productions coming through Los Angeles, but my first "On Broadway" double-whammy was in December of 1971: First night in NYC, "Follies" -- Second night: "Company". Got to go backstage for both and meet some of the performers, then work with some of them on a project soon afterwards. Pretty heady for a young fellow.

jwsel
#57First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 7:51pm

Annie in 1977 on a family trip to New York. I was seven. Pretty much all I remember from the New York part of the trip was seeing Annie, being amazed by the inside of the Guggenheim, and my brother trying to close a murphy bed with me inside.

Phantom4ever
#58First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 8:20pm

Oh all right, all right, fine. I'll be *that* guy. Why are people mentioning the first show they saw on tour? That's not Broadway. This thread is about the first Broadway show you ever saw, not the first non-Equity show that came to Bufu, Iowa and license a cardboard version of the sets used in the Broadway production.

Rant over.

First Broadway show: The Phantom of the Opera on Wednesday, December 16, 1998 at 8:00 pm.

First tour: Nobody cares. : )
First non Equity: Same.
First high school production: you get the idea?
First community theater: overkill?
First middle school: Uh-huh.

maxkko Profile Photo
maxkko
#59First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 8:55pm

Cabaret

Broadwaydreaming Profile Photo
Broadwaydreaming
#60First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 9:57pm

Lion King 2008. I was mesmerized!

GoSmileLaughCryClap Profile Photo
GoSmileLaughCryClap
#61First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 10:17pm

Growing up just outside of NYC, there were school field trips four times a year for Broadway shows, and my family would go as a group to the same number. The school stuff would tend to be mid to late runs on Wednesday matinee twofers.

So, you'd see the last cast at the end of the run of Man of La Mancha after having lunch at Casa Del Sol (was that what it was called?) This repeated itself with school trips to Fiddler, The Me Nobody Knows, etc. with appropriate ethnic lunches to complete the learning experience. It was a sweet but naïve way to teach.

In any case, the funniest thing I remember was seeing Company on a school trip in the 8th grade. The parents who were chaperones freaked out at the sex and grass scenes. There was a whole to do back at school about who chose the shows for impressionable young things to see.

My first family theater experience was Follies. Smart parents First show seen on broadway?

theatregeek6 Profile Photo
theatregeek6
#62First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 10:32pm

Hello Dolly with Pearl Bailey and Cab Calloway in 1967

canmark Profile Photo
canmark
#63First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 10:40pm

Falsettos, John Golden Theatre (1992), followed a day later by Miss Saigon, Broadway Theatre.

Coach Bob knew it all along: you've got to get obsessed and stay obsessed. You have to keep passing the open windows. (John Irving, The Hotel New Hampshire)

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#64First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 10:44pm

Um, the first national tour I saw was Ethel Merman and Russell Nype reprising their original roles in CALL ME, MADAM. It was 1966 or 7, and, no, it wasn't non-Equity. It was actually a major event and not just for me.

First Broadway show: COMPANY. (I saw FOLLIES the following afternoon.)

GoSmileLaughCryClap Profile Photo
GoSmileLaughCryClap
#65First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 10:44pm

great pair.

KC91WFU
#66First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 10:54pm

Billy Elliot with Trent Kowalik as Billy. I will never forget that performance.

broadwayghost1
#67First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 11:20pm

Annie - 1977

rob_hanson1979 Profile Photo
rob_hanson1979
#68First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/16/14 at 11:30pm

The first Broadway show I saw was The Who's Tommy in Toronto.
The first show I saw on Broadway was Thoroughly Modern Millie.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#69First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/17/14 at 12:15am

>on tour...I DO! I DO!... with Mary Martin and Robert Preston, sometime in the late 60's in Los Angeles at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion...i honestly cannot remember the year..lol<

Broadwaybabywannabe2 - i found the year! (But, that production may not have been a tour as some production were staged for LA CLO)

TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
#70First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/17/14 at 12:41am

Hairspray in May of 2004 with Wicked(OBC) and Little Shop of Horrors the following day

delongpre
#71First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/17/14 at 1:38am

It's a Bird......It's a Plane...It's Superman 1966

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#72First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/17/14 at 1:56am

Phantom Of The Opera was lucking enough to see the final Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford performance

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Ranger Tom
#73First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/17/14 at 2:11am

Oliver - original cast

ajh
#74First show seen on broadway?
Posted: 9/17/14 at 3:15am

HAIR with the original revival cast at the Al Hirschfield. Utter magic.

Videos