Flea Market Finds!

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#50Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 12:38pm

I've had to keep myself from buying that neon marquee letter for the rest past two flea markets. Glad it ended up going to a good home! 

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#51Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 2:03pm

Yes, the deals at the end of the day weren't that good. Was hoping the Leanne Cope signed toe shoes would go down. They didn't,  so I got the ensemble member signed ones. I actually don't think any of Leanne's sold based on how many were left between 5 & 5:30.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

neonlightsxo
#52Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 2:12pm

Were they still trying to get $100? ^^

VintageSnarker
#53Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 2:22pm

"I think the main problem is that the new productions in general didn't have as much interesting stuff (although hats off to An American in Paris and Something Rotten for their creative ideas.  Finding Neverland tried hard, too."

I thought the pointe shoes at An American in Paris were a great idea and I loved the art they had available but it way too expensive for me. I think they have one of the best Playbills of all the recent shows so it was nice to see that artwork represented. The eggs at Something Rotten were cute as well as the omelette recipe aprons (I don't know if they sell the latter at the theatre). What did Finding Neverland have aside from the "passport" books? I was tired by the time I made it to that end of the flea market. Allegiance isn't a show that you can really sell in the same fun way as say Wicked but if they're at the flea next year I could see them working with the girl who makes the flowers for the green alliance. 

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#54Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 2:27pm

I appreciated the effort Allegiance made despite not being open yet. They had fun with it and capitalized on their location across from Hamilmania.

Someone asked about Fun Home - I was there before 10 and later as well and they only ever had signed black and white (blah) Playbills and window cards. (I don't think there was anything else, if so it wasn't unique). They also had a couple of silent auction items. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

TerrenceIsTheMann
#55Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 2:28pm

I didn't get much this year, outside of an opening night Hamilton windowcard and a Cerveris/LuPone Sweeney windowcard. I thought Les Mis had the best ideas with both singing with Chris McCarrell and Andrew Kober's 10 second interviews.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#56Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 3:06pm

I think one of the problems is that the show tables are all now "competing" to make the most money. And since its for charity, that's certainly not a bad thing but they've just been jacking their prices up to these insane numbers in order to do that, and end up with masses of unsold items. 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#57Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 3:08pm

Well, here are the totals, if anyone was wondering: http://broadwaycares.org/fleamarket2015

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

VintageSnarker
#58Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 3:16pm

That makes sense. Though it seems like an unusually high ranking for Finding Neverland. What were they selling aside from the passports and signed posters?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#59Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 3:17pm

I think they had snowglobes and Christmas ornaments.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#60Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 5:11pm

Did anyone on here score of the 10 custom mixes Lin-Manuel Miranda made (put on a specially made flash drive)? I’m interested in what songs are on there. (And how much they went for!)

Jordan Catalano
#61Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 5:19pm

Someone told me those stupid flash drives went for hundreds of dollars each. 

gmhots
#62Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 5:29pm

^ That's insane.

In other news, I managed to get the following:

FREE: Chinglish, You can't take it..., Wolf Hall, Heidi Chronicles, Virginia Woolf windowcards (x2 each), Parade, Joseph, Wild Party (LaChiusa), Sunset Boulevard, Titanic, Nine, Jekyll & Hyde, Ragtime (all original cast) CD liners, Evita revival magnet

$5: Rent hollywood bowl shirt, OTTC glass mugs x2, playbill covers 2010-2015 1000 piece puzzle

$1: Allegiance magnet, OTTC luggage tag, Sweeney Todd sampler album (lupone & ceveris), Allegiance sampler album, Brubeck plays Bernstein CD, The Last Ship OBC, Cripple of Inishman pin, Big Fish magnet, Big Fish keychain, How to Succeed... magnet

$0.50: Oliver show programme w/ ticket stub (original West End revival cast), Three Days of Rain show programme w/ James McAvoy's signature

Also the cups table this year was really sad. Aladdin, OTTC and Kinky Boots. Anyone who went earlier saw different cups??

VintageSnarker
#63Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 5:56pm

If it were free, I would have gotten a Wolf Hall windowcard and found somewhere to put it. Those costumes were gorgeous. Did anyone see the little Lydia Leonard/Anne Boleyn Build a Bear yesterday? So cute. 

What time did you go?

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#64Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 6:12pm

I was by the Hamilton table when they were auctioning off some of the mixtapes and they sold two for $475 each. Insanity.

peacelovemagic1 Profile Photo
peacelovemagic1
#65Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 6:25pm

I felt the selection was lacking a lot this year, not just in the show tables but in the playbills/window card offerings as well. a number of my friends commented that in the past we had all left with giant stacks of playbills, compared to this year where most of us only got 3-4 at most. The Fun Home table was the biggest disappointment for me, since I had actually budgeted specifically to buy things at their table and was really surprised to see that it was all just posters and playbills. That being said, I did get some fun things! 

.50 cents: War Horse playbill, Saturday Night playbill, Fun Home off Broadway playbill, OBC rent flyer, a flyer from when Michael Cerveris was in Hedwig, and a giant flyer from Les Mis 

$1-$5: A shirt from The Audience, a playbill from when Jeremy Jordan was in Big River, a side show window card, a hunchback window card, the newsies trading cards, a hunchback opening night tote bag, and a pin and magnet from the les mis table 

$10-$15: The Les Mis drink with me shot glass, a Bombshell concert shirt 

Also picked up a PATSC window card for a friend and an original production Carousal playbill for a friend. 

bwayboy22 Profile Photo
bwayboy22
#66Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 6:30pm

neonlightsxo asked: "bwayboy, where did you get the Last Ship hat?"

I wish I could be more specific but I got it at the one of the first booths when you enter the flea, where they were selling all of the shirts, sweatshirts, hats, and keychains! I only saw a few hats there so I wouldn't be surprised if they went fast!

I wish I saw Bombshell stuff, I would've loved that, also the Hand to God script! 

Also very jealous of the Mame Shirt, where did you find that?

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#67Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 6:51pm

I can't remember exactly which table. One of the ones near The Majestic.

Flea Market Finds!

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Updated On: 9/28/15 at 06:51 PM

NJ_BroadwayGirl
#68Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 6:57pm

I heard the Hamilton mixes went for as high as $800. And no, they didn't contain some amazing un-published Hamilton or In The Heights remixes ... it was just like a mixtape made by Lin. Cool but not for that kinda cash.

Jordan Catalano
#69Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 7:18pm

That's just stupid. 

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#70Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 8:02pm

Yes, the $100 price tag for Leanne Cope's shoes did not go down. I get that they were numbered, but it didn't really help sell them.

I definitely would not pay $800 for a flash drive of songs. It must be nice to be able to throw that kind of money down for that. 

Is there any way to see what stuff went for in the silent auctions? I was interested in the Side Show poster from that, but found mine at a table, so I didn't bother to try. 

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

TerrenceIsTheMann
#71Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 8:05pm

Preach! I don't get why someone would want a mixtape for any amount of money! I mean sure, its for charity, but imagine what else 800 dollars could get you at the flea market. 

NJ_BroadwayGirl
#72Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 8:17pm

Or how many times you can see Hamilton for that kind of money. (I know it's not for charity). I have to give credit to Wicked for raising almost as much money as Hamilton without those crazy high ticket items - they were really hustling and working hard with tons of props and unique items. People were really friendly about explaining and helping you choose stuff too.

The silent auction had some cool items but the price tags just got so high so quickly. I guess one benefit if spending money there instead of cash at tables is you can probably get an item or experience value and receipt for tax purposes.

TheaterLover2
#73Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 9:48pm

Anyone know how much the Hamilton handwritten musical phrase went for in the Grand Auction?

Saw it listed in the program, but didn't stick around until the end...

HSky
#74Flea Market Finds!
Posted: 9/28/15 at 10:48pm

Creative Goods had the hats from The Last Ship. I got one for $10 first thing and another around 2:45 for $5 when they really started slashing prices (3 shirts for $10 at that point).

Videos