pixeltracker

"Hamilton" in Los Angeles- Page 3

"Hamilton" in Los Angeles

Alexander Lamar
#50Hamilton LA
Posted: 5/4/17 at 5:44am

God I really want to see this cast. Anybody want to give an east coaster free room and board? Lol

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#51Hamilton LA
Posted: 5/5/17 at 1:17pm

A few of the seats that were $650 are now back to normal price range (125 range)  .  Mostly when they become singles.  

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#52Hamilton LA
Posted: 6/15/17 at 4:12pm

I find it odd they built a new deck for the LA run. Was the San Fran deck not built to tour??? https://instagram.com/p/BVX3FDdhVxV/

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#53Hamilton LA
Posted: 6/15/17 at 4:12pm

Jorge, is it possible that deck is for the West End?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#54Hamilton LA
Posted: 6/15/17 at 4:15pm

Call_me_jorge said: "I find it odd they built a new deck for the LA run. Was the San Fran deck not built to tour??? https://instagram.com/p/BVX3FDdhVxV/"

I wouldn't be surprised if the LA one is different because it's much larger. They could keep the SF one for stages the size of the Orpheum rather than the Ahmanson.

But yes, Jorge, "LDN" means London.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Call_me_jorge
#55Hamilton LA
Posted: 6/15/17 at 5:51pm

Yeah, but the video says LA. And isn't Hamilton playing the Pantages?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 6/15/17 at 05:51 PM

Call_me_jorge
#56Hamilton LA
Posted: 6/15/17 at 9:19pm

This is why they built a new deck, apparently. "the San Fran production is moving to LA in time. We need to advance the deck because it's our first move of the tour and we need a bit of time to make sure we are perfect in LA"

notalwaysontime Profile Photo
notalwaysontime
#57Hamilton LA
Posted: 6/16/17 at 7:33am

he explained in comments that they need time to set everything properly and the time between sf and la i'm guessing isn't long enough, so they had to make a second deck. my guess is the two decks will leap frog, the sf one will head to third location to get set properly while la dates are still going on. 

Wicked Fanatic Profile Photo
Wicked Fanatic
#58Hamilton LA
Posted: 8/11/17 at 1:33am

Bumping the original thread as today's the day to be in the Room where it happens.

10086Sundays
#59Hamilton LA
Posted: 8/11/17 at 1:40am

I'm so tempted to buy one of the crazy expensive re-sale tickets for tonight, in case the announcement is Lin joining the show or something similar about the show itself, but also can't justify it(plus travel) without knowing for sure.

Updated On: 8/11/17 at 01:40 AM

ashley0139
#60Hamilton LA
Posted: 8/11/17 at 2:00am

It's weird that it starts tomorrow and they still haven't announced any lottery information either.  They keep saying "soon."  Very strange.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#61Hamilton LA
Posted: 8/11/17 at 2:36am

I get to see the very first show! Getting there early just in case the announcement has something to do with the la production like a ham4ham or something. Very excited. 

ThatsMyQ
#62Hamilton LA
Posted: 8/11/17 at 8:56am

Excited that Hamilton finally starts in LA tonight.  I'm wondering why they haven't announced lottery information either!

Maybe its because tonight is the first preview of the show and opening night isn't officially until Aug 16?  Not sure..but its definitely exciting!

SugarButterBroadway Profile Photo
SugarButterBroadway
#63Hamilton LA
Posted: 8/11/17 at 9:02am

The lottery for LA is open. They announced a Hamilton app and you can enter the lottery from there

SugarButterBroadway Profile Photo
SugarButterBroadway
#64Hamilton LA
Posted: 8/11/17 at 9:02am

The lottery for LA is open. They announced a Hamilton app and you can enter the lottery from there

ashley0139
#65Hamilton LA
Posted: 8/11/17 at 1:42pm

I entered for tonight (can't go tomorrow).  There were only 3 hours open for the lotto today so I wonder how many entries they'll get.  Lotto is already open for both shows tomorrow.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

Westender2
#66Hamilton LA
Posted: 8/11/17 at 3:23pm

Lots of $125 tickets just opened up for "opening night" on Wednesday.  For sale on Ticketmaster for anyone wanting to go to the official opening...

sm33 Profile Photo
sm33
#67Hamilton LA
Posted: 8/11/17 at 9:07pm

The lottery system seems like kind of a mess. I entered this morning for myself, and got one email at 5pm saying I didn't win for tomorrow, and then one at 6pm saying I didn't win for tonight. My husband, who I signed up after me, got his loser email for tomorrow at 4pm. I hope they fix it. 

notalwaysontime
#68Hamilton LA
Posted: 8/11/17 at 9:29pm

For the SF Lotto, it took a few weeks for the system to even out and sent emails on time/consistently and toward the end of the run it got out of sorts again. I think it's just the high volume of entires clogs up their email system. There should be a way to manually check at the time the results are in. Our results were due in at 11am the morning of the day before the show we entered for, and if you didn't get your email right away you could put your email into the site and check results at 11. Only once though, I didn't get my email at all, I usually had it by 1pm at the latest. 

defygravity2 Profile Photo
defygravity2
#69Hamilton LA
Posted: 8/12/17 at 12:47pm

Entered and crossing my fingers for tomorrow's lotteries. Does anyone have any knowledge of the tour's show schedule? I would love to see Michael and Joshua, but am not sure if they have scheduled days/performances off. I know there are no guarantees, actors get sick, actors need vacations/time off, but I will be making as many trips up to LA as I can (don't tell my hubby) to see this show. I waited 9 hours in a snowstorm to see it in NYC, so LA will be a piece of cake. Hamilton LA  Any knowledge of schedules is greatly appreciated!

bear88
#70Hamilton LA
Posted: 8/12/17 at 1:32pm

Michael Luwoye normally has Sundays off. He sometimes misses Wednesday matinees. Joshua Henry has no scheduled days off, or at least not in SF.

defygravity2 Profile Photo
defygravity2
#71Hamilton LA
Posted: 8/12/17 at 1:34pm

Awesome...thank you, Bear88!!!

Wicked Fanatic Profile Photo
Wicked Fanatic
#72Hamilton LA
Posted: 8/14/17 at 1:45pm

They've improved getting lotto loss e-mails out as I just got mine for Tuesday and I'm now 0-4! frown  Is there anyone from the San Francisco thread that actually won?

How was the opening show in Los Angeles LesWickedly?

notalwaysontime
#73Hamilton LA
Posted: 8/14/17 at 7:14pm

I never won, but a week and a half ago at the stage door I was talking to a girl who did win. It was her second time winning (the tickets even have lotto winner printed on them) and when she told Jordan that when he was signing her ticket he made a comment about how he thinks that's how it goes, because he has a buddy who won the nyc lotto 5 times lol

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#74Hamilton LA
Posted: 8/14/17 at 7:34pm

Regarding the stage deck:

The tour considered paring the set back to have just one turntable — far quicker to install, city to city — but that would have meant rejiggering the show’s choreography. Instead, a new deck has arrived in L.A. early, along with much of the lighting package, the sound package and other infrastructure like chain motors, cables and the portal of wood beams that frames the stage. When the Los Angeles run closes Dec. 30, the L.A. deck will go into storage, temporarily; props and costumes will travel to San Diego, where the San Francisco deck will have already been installed in advance. The two decks then leapfrog each other for the duration of the tour.

HAMILTON hits Hollywood: Here's what it took to get the landmark musical to L.A.

Videos