pixeltracker

Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?- Page 3

Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#50Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 11:22am

Emma White said: "Hopefully the producers come to their senses and close with Sara in February. I love Waitress but it's time. They can't keep calling Sara in every time they need to boost their sales."

Why not? If it's successful, who cares how many times she comes in and out? If people are still paying premium prices, they'd be dumb not to keep throwing her in there.

"I shall stay until the wind changes."

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#51Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 11:24am

Emma White said: "Hopefully the producers come to their senses and close with Sara in February. I love Waitress but it's time. They can't keep calling Sara in every time they need to boost their sales."

Makes sense to use Sara to get them through the winter, when a lesser name wouldn't get people to show up. The show already recouped, so until they start losing money, not sure why they would consider closing. If you're over Waitress, just don't go again.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#52Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 11:48am

Call_me_jorge said: "Do you guys think they deliberately asked Anna Kendrick to post that Instagram picture just throw the stans off?"

She posted pictures of pies on Thanksgiving.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#53Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 11:49am

Call_me_jorge said: "Do you guys think they deliberately asked Anna Kendrick to post that Instagram picture just throw the stans off?"

Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#54Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 11:50am

CindersGolightly said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Do you guys think they deliberately asked Anna Kendrick to post that Instagram picture just throw the stans off?"

"

She didn’t post it on thanksgiving, but whatever

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

chuckydisc
#55Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 11:52am

Call_me_jorge said: "rfksansiro said: "Buried in the articles is the statement that Betsy Wolfe will now take her final bow on January 14 and not January 9 as previously scheduled."

Nope. Still the ninth. BWW has it wronghttps://twitter.com/betsywolfe/status/935898054401589249
"

Does Sara have prior commitments from 1/10 - 1/14?

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#56Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 11:58am

Very, very astute move from Sara to come back and nursemaid the show through the difficult January/February time, for which time the tourists will be back. So Sara doing this should keep the show going to at least Labor Day, so the music done by Sara and the show has also recouped, so the profit changes, will put a few $100k in her bank.

if there was a Tony for astute business decision, Sara should bag it, hands down.

KathyNYC2
#57Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 12:00pm

It doesn't matter what her commitments are. She's doing six weeks. If she wanted to do more, she would have scheduled more.

Betsy is leaving earlier than originally planned which will probably mean the ever fabulous Stephanie Torns will go on between Betsy and Sara.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#58Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 12:41pm

Call_me_jorge: Read her hastags. It was just a Thanksgiving post.

chuckydisc
#59Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 12:54pm

KathyNYC2 said: "It doesn't matter what her commitments are. She's doing six weeks. If she wanted to do more, she would have scheduled more.

Betsy is leaving earlier than originally planned which will probably mean the ever fabulous Stephanie Torns will go on between Betsy and Sara.
"

Of course it matters ... why wouldn't she start on 1/10 if she wasn't doing something else?

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#60Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 12:59pm

Chunky, it’s nothing insane. I’m sure this has been the plan for a while. Also seems like the producers of Waitress would want people that bought tickets with Jason in his final week, buy tickets to see it again with Sara and Jason. Just a theory. The prices for Sara were also higher.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#61Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 1:23pm

Phantom of London said: "if there was a Tony for astute business decision, Sara should bag it, hands down."

If this Tony ever actually happens, my personal vote would be for The Bronx Tale's team because damn that show turned out to be a dark house.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#62Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 1:40pm

CindersGolightly said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Do you guys think they deliberately asked Anna Kendrick to post that Instagram picture just throw the stans off?"

"

So did I. LOL

KathyNYC2
#63Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 4:35pm

chuckydisc said: "KathyNYC2 said: "It doesn't matter what her commitments are. She's doing six weeks. If she wanted to do more, she would have scheduled more.

"

Of course it matters ... why wouldn't she start on 1/10 if she wasn't doing something else?

"

No, it doesn't matter.... the reason I mean. If Sara wanted to start the previous week, she would have. She may be busy......she may not feel she would be ready by then and would need more rehearsals.....she may have another commitment......they may have already promised it to Stephanie or whoever...she may be on vacation....or simply it's too late to alter the ticket prices for her arrival.   Who knows? Who cares? She's not starting on January 10th....period. There certainly is NO need to justify or explain her decision to anyone. 

Updated On: 11/30/17 at 04:35 PM

ace33
#64Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 4:43pm

So in a limited 6 week run, its expected that that the "star" wont be missing any time correct? (aside from getting sick etc). I just ask because with my luck, ill get tickets to see Sara and then she wont be going on that day.

Also the tickets are being billed as "Waitress With Sara Barellis"... does this mean shes 'above the marquee' and if she happens to be out that day then you can get a refund?

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#65Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 5:01pm

haterobics said: "Emma White said: "Hopefully the producers come to their senses and close with Sara in February. I love Waitress but it's time. They can't keep calling Sara in every time they need to boost their sales."

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Waitress and would see it over and over again if I could! But their sales have been bad since Sara last did the role (which is shame - Betsy is great), and certainly will be come again come February 25, unless they're planning on getting another star.

"Nice is different than good."

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#66Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 5:07pm

Emma White said: "But their sales have been bad since Sara last did the role (which is shame - Betsy is great), and certainly will be come again come February 25, unless they're planning on getting another star."

They've been making a profit, just not a killing. Which is still a profit.

10086sunset
#67Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 6:31pm

Has anyone else see the pricing?

The cheapest seat seems to be $109.

idkokay
#68Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 7:36pm

Updated On: 2/10/19 at 07:36 PM

(Insert Clever Name) Profile Photo
(Insert Clever Name)
#69Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 8:00pm

ethan231h said: "Well prices go up the week Jason Mraz's run is up, and I mean UP. we're talking $199 last row up....I think Sara will be coming back and Jason will be joining her."

Congrats, first person to accurately predict on this tread,.

Videos