pixeltracker

First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein- Page 3

First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein

JasonC3
dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#51First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 2:19pm

Another article.  Side by side pictures does give one more pause. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Blue_Lotus Profile Photo
Blue_Lotus
Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#53First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 6:03pm

And there you go. If his kids are cool with it, everyone else should be. I think he looks great and as always, simply don't go see it if you're offended. 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#54First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 6:31pm

dramamama611 said: "Another article. Side by side pictures does give one more pause."

Surprised Facebook still is active. I assumed everyone (aside from aunts and that spinster cat loving cousin) used Facebook anymore. 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#55First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 6:37pm

Cooper is desperate for that Oscar. I wonder if this controversy will actually affect the film in anyway. Not much they can do now. I can’t see them paying to painstakingly digitally alter every shot that includes the nose.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#56First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 7:14pm

Hey, I still use Facebook and I’m only 40…

Anyway, neither I nor my Jewish heritage is actually offended by “the nose” - or “the Fanny” for that matter. I just find it hilarious that there were pages and pages of BWW members having online meltdowns over Katerina Whatshername and now those same people are silent when it comes to Bradley Cooper. I guess it’s okay to be a goy and play a Jew as long as you’re a hot male celebrity? People give you a pass as long as they want to f*** you? What a world…

Sutton Ross
#57First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 8:13pm

^ What's good Penna2? JkCohen626? CindersGoLightly? Hearthemsing22? 

Ooof. How embarrassing to be such a hypocrite because you want to sleep with Bradley Cooper? 

Take several seats. In fact, take all of em. 

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#58First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 8:29pm

Unlike you Sutton, I don't spend ALL my time on this website (just a significant chunk of it First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein ). Now then. Thank you for the tee-up. F*CK Bradley Cooper and **** his prosthetic nose. 

Sutton Ross
#59First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 8:38pm

Is that why you responded within 15 minutes? First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein  You busy making the awesome signs protesting a young women of color getting a job? Can't WAIT to see them at their first stop in Providence, bb. 

What a STUNNA

First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#60First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 8:44pm

Um, we don’t allow personal attacks on BroadwayWorld. What if Bradley Cooper reads your comment and his feelings get hurt? He must have worked really hard on that movie and is probably making only like $3M from it tops! I say let’s continue the pile-on on the former waitress-now star of the Funny Girl tour.

BETTY22
#61First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 8:50pm

Wait, he wears a prosthetic nose?

OY!!!!!!! What are they thinking?

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#62First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 9:08pm

Sutton Ross said: "And there you go. If his kids are cool with it, everyone else should be. I think he looks great and as always, simply don't go see it if you're offended."

Well it's not a stereotype about him or his family so their blessing of it doesn't really matter... that prosthetic nose they gave him is not Leonard Bernstein's nose...

Sutton Ross
#63First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 9:27pm

His nearest and dearest aren't offended or hurt so why should you be? Just inventing things to bitch about?

Kewl.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#64First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 9:29pm

Sutton Ross said: "His nearest and dearest aren't offended or hurt so why should you be? Just inventing things to bitch about?

Kewl.
"

Do they speak for an entire community the same way Ellen speaks for the Gays? No? Okay. 

sinister teashop Profile Photo
sinister teashop
#65First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/16/23 at 9:33pm

dramamama611 said: "Another article. Side by side pictures does give one more pause."

Oh goodness, Cooper's prosthetic nose is terrible. It looks like a prosthesis that has been created through some kind of committee consensus so it can't be mistaken for a Roman nose or a Semitic nose. The problem is it doesn't look like a human nose, it looks like a prosthesis. Lenny's nose on the other hand is beautiful and sits beautifully on his face AND it has what I suppose could be called a Semitic bump to it... although I'm sure it's a "stine" bump rather than a "steen" bump. 

Updated On: 8/16/23 at 09:33 PM

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#66First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 8/18/23 at 3:58pm

I had concerns about Carey Mulligan, so quintessentially English, playing a Costa Rican Chilean. Then I saw Felicia on YouTube and my concerns went away.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#67First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 9/2/23 at 10:18am

‘Maestro’ Makeup Designer Kazu Hiro On Backlash To Prosthetic Nose: “I Wasn’t Expecting It; I’m Sorry If It Hurt Some People’s Feelings”

https://deadline.com/2023/09/maestro-bradley-cooper-venice-film-festival-nose-controversy-prosthetics-1235534741/

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#68First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 9/2/23 at 12:30pm

EDIT! Got my dates confused and reviews are starting to come in now.

Updated On: 9/2/23 at 12:30 PM

RUkiddingme
#70First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 9/2/23 at 2:12pm

It's a stunning film!

There is a fight scene that will have everyone talking.  And hopefully give Carey Mulligan all the awards she deserves.

Jay Lerner-Z
#71First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 9/2/23 at 5:20pm

How comfortable would Bernstein be with being so publicly "outed"? How out was he in life? Why is it any of our business, and why should it be considered interesting?

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#72First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 9/2/23 at 5:21pm

Extensive prosthetics in biopics are largely unnecessary. Just, like, tell me that’s the person and I’ll believe you for 2 hours; I don’t need them to be the spitting image. If anything, they’re a detriment to the performance (had a lot of trouble getting past the chipmunk makeup in Eyes of Tammy Faye or the giant, Spirit of Halloween teeth in Bohemian Rhapsody).   

Jay Lerner-Z
#73First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 9/2/23 at 5:33pm

Same goes for fake noses and mannerisms. We don't need an impersonation, we need emotion. Bradley Cooper goes too far trying to actually "become" Leonard Bernstein, it seems to me. This should lead to him getting his Oscar, but this is really the only purpose it serves.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#74First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein
Posted: 9/2/23 at 5:36pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "How comfortable would Bernstein be with being so publicly "outed"? How out was he in life? Why is it any of our business, and why should it be considered interesting?"

Per his daughter, after her mom passed away he lived quite flamboyantly and proudly gay so he embraced who he was a lived the second chapter of his life as he well damn pleased. 

Videos