pixeltracker

PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!- Page 3

PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#50PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 11:32am

ljay889 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Two words: Voice Memo."

A bootleg audio never sounds as good as a cast recording.
"

Of course not, but, for preservation and as a memento, it's actually quite special.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#51PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 11:57am

OhHiii said: "Though I loathe to validate anything Brody posts on this board, I've heard this too as part of a conversation around cast recording that took place back in 2019/2020. The London recording label does indeed hold exclusive rights to recording this production, but they were trying to work around that by exploring an EP of Katrina's numbers and a couple others. They did the London recording on the cheap (as can be gleaned by the quality of the mixing and production), and with that they stupidly signed their lives away.

"

Such depressing news, especially given the cheap quality and mixing of the London album, as you said. I do wonder why Chris Harper allowed an awful deal like that. 

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure
#52PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/23/22 at 2:54pm

It’ll be a true shame if a production this fantastic never gets an official recording of any kind. I can’t put my finger on it, but that London recording just feels so lacking.

hearthemsing22
#53PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/24/22 at 10:54am

It’s truly adorable how y’all think something like a petition will get the performers together to make a cast recording. So much goes into the recording, and Patti is already on the London recording. Did they make a new recording when Idina Menzel opened the London company of Wicked? It’s not necessary, as amazing as it would be. I think it’s being greedy. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#54PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/24/22 at 11:08am

I mean, I agree a ‘petition’ will go no where. But I think from an artist standpoint and for people who care about the art we think it IS necessary. Not recording this show will mean the production and performances bar Patti’s will basically be erased from history to the public.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

JasonC3
#55PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/24/22 at 12:53pm

The majority of live theater is "erased from history to the public."  While I'd like a cast recording as well, the memory of Company can live on in the minds of those who have seen it (or will see it on tour), and numerous cast recordings and videos also remain available.

MemorableUserName
#56PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/24/22 at 12:58pm

hearthemsing22 said: "It’s truly adorable how y’all think something like a petition will get the performers together to make a cast recording. So much goes into the recording, and Patti is already on the London recording. Did they make a new recording when Idina Menzel opened the London company of Wicked? It’s not necessary, as amazing as it would be. I think it’s being greedy."

It's truly adorable how condescending and clueless you are. Was there a significant difference between the London Wicked cast and Broadway cast? If not, then perhaps another recording wasn't necessary in that instance. But, as has already been mentioned numerous times, the London recording of Company was cheaply done, the sound isn't great, and most of the Broadway performances are superior. All of which are reasons that make a new recording necessary. But thanks for contributing absolutely nothing.

Updated On: 6/24/22 at 12:58 PM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#57PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/24/22 at 2:13pm

Amusing how it’s already been explained in detail why there won’t be a Broadway Cast Recording yet many keep rehashing theories and what-ifs.  frown

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#58PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/24/22 at 2:34pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Amusing how it’s already been explained in detail why there won’t be a Broadway Cast Recording yet many keep rehashing theories and what-ifs. frown"

Amusing that you said you were done commenting on it and yet here you are, commenting on it.

BrodyFosse123
#59PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/24/22 at 2:38pm

TotallyEffed said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Amusing how it’s already been explained in detail why there won’t be a Broadway Cast Recording yet many keep rehashing theories and what-ifs. frown"

My Uber is stuck in traffic.  It happens.  

Amusing that you said you were done commenting on it and yet here you are, commenting on it.

"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#60PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/24/22 at 3:14pm

JasonC3 said: "The majority of live theater is "erased from history to the public." While I'd like a cast recording as well, the memory of Company can live on in the minds of those who have seen it (or will see it on tour), and numerous cast recordings and videos also remain available."

There is also a documentary on this production. Maybe it’ll get a DVD release with full musical numbers? That would be nice. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#61PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/24/22 at 3:19pm

Not recording this show will mean the production and performances bar Patti’s will basically be erased from history to the public.

That's beyond ridiculous. It will be erased from history even though there is a London recording of the same exact show? Even though it won five Tony Awards recently? Company will always be done all over the world and no one will forget this revival happened.

However, a good example of what you're talking about would be the West Side Story revival they attempted in 2019. It closed after 3 months due to Covid, it never reopened, there was never a recording made and it was never eligible for the Tonys. It's like it never, ever happened. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#62PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/24/22 at 3:46pm

Sutton Ross said: "However, a good example of what you're talking about would be the West Side Story revival they attempted in 2019. It closed after 3 months due to Covid, it never reopened, there was never a recording made and it was never eligible for the Tonys. It's like it never, ever happened."

Wow that's myopic. We had memorable theatre long before the invention of recording equipment. And before the Tonys. It's not like Laurette Taylor in Glass Menagerie never, ever happened. 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#63PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/24/22 at 4:05pm

Shakespeare found dead, forgotten, and irrelevant. 

(Just teasing, I reaaaalllly want them to do a Company album as well)

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#64PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/24/22 at 5:25pm

OhHiii said: "Though I loathe to validate anything Brody posts on this board, I've heard this too as part of a conversation around cast recording that took place back in 2019/2020. The London recording label does indeed hold exclusive rights to recording this production, but they were trying to work around that by exploring an EP of Katrina's numbers and a couple others. They did the London recording on the cheap (as can be gleaned by the quality of the mixing and production), and with that they stupidly signed their lives away.

"

What a disastrous deal. I hope Harper learned his lesson. When I think of the crap that gets recordings, and not this.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#65PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/24/22 at 5:52pm

^ You know why I like this here post? It's informative, it speaks to the truth but best of all it  doesn't have that "I-Know-It-All-And-You-Don't-Condescending-Talking-Down-To-You" tone to it. 

Georgeanddot2 Profile Photo
Georgeanddot2
MsPiety&Rectitude
#67PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/24/22 at 6:40pm

Not to yuck y'all's yum (although I suppose to do exactly that), I cannot imagine any circumstance where I'd rather listen to Katrina than Rosalie Craig. For me, these voices don't even compare.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#68PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/24/22 at 6:45pm

^ totally agree…Katrina is far superior PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album! Can’t  wait to see her again tomorrow!

BrodyFosse123
#69PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/24/22 at 6:52pm

CarlosAlberto said: “You know why I like this here post? It's informative, it speaks to the truth but best of all it doesn't have that "I-Know-It-All-And-You-Don't-Condescending-Talking-Down-To-You" tone to it."

Pre-Orders start this Monday.  Only a limited quantity will be made.

PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!

jimmycurry01
#70PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/26/22 at 1:43pm

CompanyCastAlbumPetition said: "Hi all! Big fan of this production ofCompanyand am heartbroken it is closing without a cast album. I'm not sure how else to convey to Chris Harper how badly us fans want this album to be produced other than aggregating signatures in a petition. Figured it's worth a shot.

Please sign below and circulate to all yourCompany-loving friends and family. Hopefully this can make a difference before the show closes next month!

https://chng.it/cLbsgPdwRF
"

This is exactly what I meant when I said Broadway World has a way of being Broadway World about these things. It's all art, fandom, and fun. We have a way of forgetting the commercial and economic aspects that goes into the business end of these endeavors. In any case, I wish you the very best of luck with your petition. I doubt it will do much good, but it'd be cool if it did get results.

SFFrontRow
#71PETITION: The 2022 Broadway Revival Cast of COMPANY Should Record & Release Its Own Cast Album!
Posted: 6/26/22 at 3:54pm

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure said: "It’ll be a true shame if a production this fantastic never gets an official recording of any kind. I can’t put my finger on it, but that London recording just feels so lacking."

I had a similar "argument" on here a while back about a US Six cast recording...

The Six situation is even worse as I don't even think they did a cast recording for the London Six cast. It was listed on iTumes as a "studio recording" and I think the recording was done before the London production and is not that cast either.

The "argument" was... why do a US cast recording when there is a cast recording already?

Follow up to that - a new Six Live - Original Broadway Cast was released earlier this month. 

Videos