pixeltracker

MERRILY will transfer next fall- Page 3

MERRILY will transfer next fall

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#50MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/20/23 at 12:05pm

Anyone know what the perf. schedule is/might be? Planning an Oct trip & always looking for that elusive Sun eve spot. Holding off on airline tix etc til I have an idea of itinerary, which will include this and Here Lies Love plus possibly Camelot as it didn’t make the cut for my upcoming Apr and Aug trips.  (Wish they’d post schedules before sales/pre-sales start; some do, but not usually.)

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#51MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/20/23 at 12:25pm

If I was a betting man, I’d say the odds of this show having a four show weekend is slim to none. 

hearthemsing22
#52MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/20/23 at 3:46pm

I'm already anxious about getting tickets. Eeeeek! 

Anastasia_Beaverhausen Profile Photo
Anastasia_Beaverhausen
#53MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/22/23 at 10:25am

Did anyone else sign up for the pre-sale tomorrow and not get a confirmation email?

binau Profile Photo
binau
#54MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/22/23 at 11:09am

I don’t think I have got one. Anyone who isn’t in the city how do you plan to coordinate merrily with Here We Are? Eg buy merrily now or wait until here we are dates have been confirmed or but for first preview and hope it overlaps with here we are (possible since merrily is late Sep). 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#55MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/22/23 at 11:19am

If I'm lucky enough to score tickets for both, I'll go into the city 2x.  (but I'm only in Boston!)  Will I TRY to put them on the same trip?  Yes, but I'm not too worried if I don't.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#56MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/22/23 at 11:49am

I haven’t gotten anything regarding the presale either.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

JasonC3
#57MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/22/23 at 12:03pm

I thought the email comes tomorrow morning, but maybe I am recalling things incorrectly.  In any event, today isn't over yet.

Anastasia_Beaverhausen
#58MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/22/23 at 12:16pm

Sorry, I was referring to the confirmation email that you signed up for the pre-sale.

JasonC3
#59MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/22/23 at 1:13pm

Ah, my bad.  That email I did receive about 12 hours after I signed up.

Anastasia_Beaverhausen
#60MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/22/23 at 2:09pm

Please share the pre-sale info here when available. I'm worried I won't get it since I didn't get a confirmation email. Please and thank you! 

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#61MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/22/23 at 6:03pm

The email just went out! 

schubox
#62MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/22/23 at 6:05pm

steven22 said: "The email just went out!"

Yep just got it too. Code is OLDFRIEND

Plexsis
#63MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/22/23 at 7:25pm

Delete

Updated On: 3/22/23 at 07:25 PM

JasonC3
#64MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/22/23 at 8:22pm

POORFRIEND might have been more apt given how many times I want to see this.

bear88
#65MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/23/23 at 5:06am

I envy you folks who can just buy tickets tomorrow. My family situation makes planning New York City trips months in advance impossible. I signed up anyway to torture myself, I guess.

But good luck to everyone! 

dramamama611
#66MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/23/23 at 7:34am

But you would be planning months from now - just with the ticket being your starting point!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

hearthemsing22
#67MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/23/23 at 8:37am

Anastasia_Beaverhausen said: "Please share the pre-sale info here when available. I'm worried I won't get it since I didn't get a confirmation email. Please and thank you!"

And people wonder why ticket websites crash when tickets for shows go on sale...lol. I'm not saying it's bad or anything, but the more the code gets shared, the more people have access to presale, the more people will log in at 10am and purchase tickets and the website will be slow. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#68MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/23/23 at 8:42am

I could be wrong but I suspect while the show will sell out I can’t imagine every ticket, especially premium tickets, selling out immediately. This is very niche Sondheim and Frank isn’t Hugh Jackman hehe. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#69MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/23/23 at 9:05am

Agreed. I think my strategy is probably to wait and see how things play out. I'm guessing my Mom will want to come in to see this and Here We Are in the same weekend and I have a feeling we'll have a lot less flexibility with that show. 

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#70MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/23/23 at 9:21am

binau said: "I could be wrong but I suspect while the show will sell out I can’t imagine every ticket, especially premium tickets, selling out immediately. This is very niche Sondheim and Frank isn’t Hugh Jackman hehe."

Wasn't the NYTW run completely sold out before tickets went on sale to the public? I definitely will be booking this ASAP!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Hairspray0901
#71MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/23/23 at 9:34am

Dylan Smith4 said: "binau said: "I could be wrong but I suspect while the show will sell out I can’t imagine every ticket, especially premium tickets, selling out immediately. This is very niche Sondheim and Frank isn’t Hugh Jackman hehe."

Wasn't the NYTW run completely sold out before tickets went on sale to the public? I definitely will be booking this ASAP!
"

I believe the NYTW run was much shorter and in a much smaller theatre; making it a harder ticket then than it might be now. 

dramamama611
#72MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/23/23 at 9:43am

All that may be true.....but I'm simply not taking my chances!   I can only go on weekends during the run and  I got shut out of the off bway run.  (As I'd need to take at least 2 days off of work during the week.  My days of making a round trip in one day and being able to be useful at work the next morning are LOOONG gone.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#73MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/23/23 at 9:44am

Dylan Smith4 said: "binau said: "I could be wrong but I suspect while the show will sell out I can’t imagine every ticket, especially premium tickets, selling out immediately. This is very niche Sondheim and Frank isn’t Hugh Jackman hehe."

"

I mean definitely do that, wouldn’t want anyone to miss out. They are about to put 10x amount of tickets on sale (assuming they don’t hold back tickets for after presale) than NWTW at probably exponentially higher prices, hence why the demand may not appear to translate in the same way. Although we will find out soon I guess!

cjmclaughlin10
#74MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/23/23 at 9:52am

Not seeing a buy tickets link on the Merrily website. Should I be doing the Hudson one instead 

Videos