pixeltracker

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23- Page 3

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#50Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23
Posted: 8/9/23 at 10:24pm

TheatreKid3 said: "Did Parade set a new house record for the Jacobs?"

Yes I'm pretty sure because I think it set a house record last week and then this week was above that.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#51Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23
Posted: 8/9/23 at 10:33pm

TheatreKid3 said: "Did Parade set a new house record for the Jacobs?"

I believe the week ending 7/30 was a new house record for the Jacobs, only to be surpassed by their final 9-show week!

Oh look, a bibu!

Jarethan
#52Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23
Posted: 8/9/23 at 11:26pm

bdn223 said: "I saw a tiktok of someone questioning if Moulin Rouge will make it past January with last weeks grosses, are its operating costs really that high? I always assumed they hovered around $1M, but if thats true and with the first week of its new stunt cast only pulling in $1.1M as we head into the fall, which will likely be a slower season for the show could they be right and they close up shop early next year?"

Who is the stunt casting g?

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#53Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23
Posted: 8/10/23 at 10:37am

Jarethan said: "bdn223 said: "I saw a tiktok of someone questioning if Moulin Rouge will make it past January with last weeks grosses, are its operating costs really that high? I always assumed they hovered around $1M, but if thats true and with the first week of its new stunt cast only pulling in $1.1M as we head into the fall, which will likely be a slower season for the show could they be right and they close up shop early next year?"

"

Casey Cott of Riverdale, or was that a joke?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#54Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23
Posted: 8/10/23 at 11:16am

BETTY22 said: "Play Esq. said: "Anyone have an idea what the nut is for Here Lies Love? Numbers are pretty strong, but I so desperately want that show to succeed!"

It's in the mid $900,000.

"

Wow that’s a high weekly nut for Here Lies Love, considering it doesn’t have an above-the-title star.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#55Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23
Posted: 8/10/23 at 12:10pm

Wick3 said: "BETTY22 said: "Play Esq. said: "Anyone have an idea what the nut is for Here Lies Love? Numbers are pretty strong, but I so desperately want that show to succeed!"

"

Wow that’s a high weekly nut for Here Lies Love, considering it doesn’t have an above-the-title star.

"

It’s a large cast in a large theater and they also need a specialized house staff to handle the floor crowd. I also imagine the cast is largely receiving pay bumps as they’re arguably in a more hazardous playing environment. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#56Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23
Posted: 8/10/23 at 1:55pm

When I think of large casts I think of Hello Dolly, Music Man, etc. but for Here Lies Love, I forgot about the specialized staff in pink directing people around (at first I thought they were theater ushers before realizing they are not.) 

I still want this musical to succeed but with such a high weekly nut, they need to post higher grosses in order to eventually recoup.

Updated On: 8/10/23 at 01:55 PM

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#57Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23
Posted: 8/10/23 at 3:39pm

I have NO clue how much this stuff costs or how it factors into weekly costs. But, I imagine equipment rentals for Here Lies Love have to be significantly more than for other shows. They use SO many projectors and I wouldn't be surpised if there are more speakers, lights, and other technical elements than most other shows. 

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#58Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23
Posted: 8/10/23 at 4:10pm

"It’s a large cast in a large theater and they also need a specialized house staff to handle the floor crowd. I also imagine the cast is largely receiving pay bumps as they’re arguably in a more hazardous playing environment."

Not to mention the insurance cost.... that's a lot of risk to insure when you have the audience literally inches from the feet of most of the dancers

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#59Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23
Posted: 8/10/23 at 5:05pm

But they also downsized the theater capacity pretty significantly. I’m not sure they’ll ever be making $1.5m in that space unless the tickets are priced higher. Seems to me they’re doing okay for the time being. 

Wayman_Wong
#60Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23
Posted: 8/10/23 at 5:22pm

''Who is the stunt casting g?"

''Casey Cott of Riverdale, or was that a joke?''

I'd hardly consider Casey Cott ''stunt casting'' at ''Moulin Rouge!'' He's a Carnegie Mellon grad, who began doing theater as a youth in Ohio, in ''Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson'' and ''Romeo & Juliet.'' Upon moving to Pittsburgh, he appeared in ''Parade'' and ''Small Engine Repair.'' More recently, in 2019, Cott played the title role of ''Tommy,'' opposite Mandy Gonzalez and Christian Borle, at the Kennedy Center. I imagine he would've made his Broadway debut sooner if he hadn't had a 6-season run on The CW's ''Riverdale.'' I suspect his fans will follow him to Broadway.

Updated On: 8/10/23 at 05:22 PM

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#61Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23
Posted: 8/10/23 at 5:56pm

“I’d hardly consider Casey Scott as stunt casting” to mentioning his six season run as a main character of a network TV show, to “I’m sure his fans will follow him to Broadway”. Which is it?

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#62Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23
Posted: 8/10/23 at 6:17pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSLlZh9yelk

Updated On: 8/10/23 at 06:17 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#63Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23
Posted: 8/10/23 at 6:28pm

6-season run on The CW's ''Riverdale.'' 

7 seasons.

Jarethan
#64Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23
Posted: 8/10/23 at 8:40pm

bdn223 said: "Jarethan said: "bdn223 said: "I saw a tiktok of someone questioning if Moulin Rouge will make it past January with last weeks grosses, are its operating costs really that high? I always assumed they hovered around $1M, but if thats true and with the first week of its new stunt cast only pulling in $1.1M as we head into the fall, which will likely be a slower season for the show could they be right and they close up shop early next year?"

"

Casey Cott of Riverdale, or was that a joke?
"

I think that was not a joke to the person who posted it, although it definitely was to me.  I have no doubt that there are some teenage girls who will buy some seats, but really!!!

Ironically, I was hoping his brother would be a candidate…he is better looking and has a much better singing voice than Casey, but that was not to be.

I love Corey Cott’s voice and wish he be cast for something soon.

Updated On: 8/10/23 at 08:40 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#65Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/6/23
Posted: 8/10/23 at 9:40pm

Kad said: "Wick3 said: "BETTY22 said: "Play Esq. said: "Anyone have an idea what the nut is for Here Lies Love? Numbers are pretty strong, but I so desperately want that show to succeed!"

"

"

It’s a large cast in a large theater and they also need a specialized house staff to handle the floor crowd. I also imagine the cast is largely receiving pay bumps as they’re arguably in a more hazardous playing environment.
"

Once Salonga leaves after the 19th I bet grosses drop significantly...most are seeing it now because they heard she's in this! We shall see?

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Videos