Posted: 5/23/05 at 6:27pm

Now 4
Kids Bop 3 (?)
Superstar KIdz 2

What the puck?!

hypertruffle
#51re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/23/05 at 6:30pm

Not theater realted. Britney Spears' first CD. *cries* This is the thing I regretted enormously, the worst highlight of my 15 year lifespan

"The cynicism you refer to, I acquired the day I discovered I was different from little boys!~All About Eve

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#52re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/23/05 at 6:37pm

Brooklyn
Closer to Heaven
Savage Garden

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

broadway betty Profile Photo
broadway betty
#53re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/23/05 at 6:38pm

I didn't include my non-theatre cds b/c I've banished them to the basement. Every teeny pop cd is shameful for me. When I was younger and quite stupid, I bought every Hanson cd; the live ones, the Christmas one, everything. *digging the shame hole deeper* Britney Spears, Celine Dion, Bwitched(anyone remember them?)etc.

"I'm the STAR!"--Daniel Reichard during Glory Daze sound check

bwayballerina
#54re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/23/05 at 6:55pm

Britney Spears (her first one, but still...)
Backstreet Boys
Mamma Mia
Seussical

I might hang on to Mamma Mia and Seussical since they're Broadway, but I've been meaning to purge myself of my BS (hmmm, that's interesting...) CD and BB CDs for awhile...

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#55re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/23/05 at 7:12pm

I'm embarrassed that I own the Tommy Tune EFX CD. it's not all that bad, but compared to the first two... damn.

ChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
#56re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/23/05 at 7:31pm

No, I like BABY. I'm just embarrased that I apparently forgot I owned it and went and bought it again!

"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#57re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/23/05 at 7:43pm

is owning closer to heaven embasressing? i think it is

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#58re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/23/05 at 8:40pm

broadway and such- camp and aida (i only bought it for adam which makes me even a sadder person!)
other- nysnc's albums

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#59re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/23/05 at 9:02pm

Victor/Victoria original broadway cast...it has it's moments, but they are far and few between, plus the orchestrations are just sooooo bizarre

The Tap Dance Kid original broadway cast...i'm sooooo obsessed with tap dancing despite the fact i can't dance a freaking step. anyway, i htought it would be all cool and stuff but instead it reeks of the 80's and there's not a single tap on the CD.

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#60re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/23/05 at 11:32pm

Ok......I admit it.....I still own a Thompson Twins CD from my high school days.

As for Broadway?

Footloose...I'm a Dee Hoty fan, so I purchased it to listen to.....oh, nevermind...I can't believe I still own it.

*shamed, she crawls away from the computer*

"My dreams, watching me said, one to the other...this life has let us down."

dotmarie Profile Photo
dotmarie
#61re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/23/05 at 11:50pm

I have a few Broadway Kids CD's.

and... some... Spice Girls.

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#62re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:27am

I am for the record not at all embarassed but proud to own Hanson's "Middle of Nowhere" and "This Time Around."

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

amiliablair Profile Photo
amiliablair
#63re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 1:08am

THANK YOU!! I am also a Hanson fan and am pround to own all of their cd's and the sheet music for most of the songs!! You all need to check out their latest cd "Underneath"! I know this sounds pathetic...but trust me they aren't bad at all! By the way, I have to say that I saw them in concert last August and it was great!! Here's to Hanson fans!!

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#64re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 1:11am

Heh, I'll try to listen to some of the new ones. I went to their first tour and it was the first concert I ever went to, I was 12.

That does remind me. Perhaps I am a slightly tad embarassed to admit I own the Tulsa, Tokyo and the Middle of Nowhere home video. I used to think some parts of that were so funny...oy.

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#65re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 1:52am

First of all, I own ever Britney Spears CD, and her MY PREROGATIVE greatest hits cd, and I'm not ashamed at all. I really do love her.

As far as theatre:

Footloose, OBC
Annie, Original Soundtrack
Joseph..., original broadway cast, original canadian cast

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

gertiecummings Profile Photo
gertiecummings
#66re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 2:09am

The 2Gether CD, but I put it with my sister's CDs now because I can't look at it without cringing

allamarane Profile Photo
allamarane
#67re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 2:15am

Bring Back Birdie-- and the sad thing is, it'll probably be a part of my collection indefinitely! I can't bring myself to get rid of it, even though it's horrendous!

"I know what the sunlight can be"

neelyohara Profile Photo
neelyohara
#68re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 2:23am

The Ethel Merman Disco Album...enough said.

Not today, Geraldine.

cserannie
#69re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 2:30am

I love Footlose the OBC musical. You just need to be in a good mood to hear it.
I own the first Jennifer Lopez and Thalia Cd. But when I bought it, I was only 18. (6 years ago) Is it a good excuse??

Norbert Leo Butz quotes about John Lithgow: "He's really clumsy. One of the joys in life is to watch a great big huge man totally wipe out backstage. It takes John about three minutes to hit the floor. It's like watching a Great Sequoia falling gracelessly."

Practically Perfect Profile Photo
Practically Perfect
#70re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:16am

Annie, Joseph and the amazing..., Classic Julie : Classic Broadway.

Mary P x

lvpblues
#71re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:26am

Cats
The Secret Garden (1986 studio)
Christine (Maureen O'Hara is the only saving grace - though that isn't saying much. This score contains the "UNICEF Song".

*crickets*

Flight0017 Profile Photo
Flight0017
#72re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:46am

re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own

DISCO EVITA!!!! What was I thinking?

"Curse you, Lady Glyde!"

jczelyph Profile Photo
jczelyph
#73re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 5:12am

Disco Evita sounds fabulous!

And as for those people who are ashamed to own Joseph...WTF? Joseph is the best musical ever.

"Jane, I've been dealt a blow - I've been dealt a blow, Jane."

Flight0017 Profile Photo
Flight0017
#74re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 5:46am

That's the problem, it SOUNDS fabulous, but it's just plain awful. I can't believe some guy is asking $250 for it on Amazon.com

"Curse you, Lady Glyde!"

Videos