pixeltracker

If you could live in a musical- Page 3

If you could live in a musical

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#50re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 12/24/06 at 4:54pm

CurtainPullDowner,

I lived on my own for two years...I WAS a naked boy singing.

Akiva

CollegeKid
#51re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 12/24/06 at 5:01pm

Why would anyone want to live in Nazi invaded Austria?

It's All Good Profile Photo
It's All Good
#52re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 12/24/06 at 6:22pm

In reality, I would actually not want to live during the WWII era in any country. However, I was considering the world of the musical as a world unto itself. Therefore, the Nazis and the Anschluss(sp?) enter the picture only peripherally until the very end of the story where everyone escapes unscathed and without too much hardship. Let's not think too hard about a question that isn't actually possible...

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#53re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 12/24/06 at 6:25pm

The Von Trapps die in an Alpine avalanche.

Haven't you seen "Love! Valour! Compassion!"?

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

keen on kean Profile Photo
keen on kean
#54re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 12/24/06 at 11:39pm

Before you elect Sound of Music, read Maria von Trapp's autobiography. She was not Julie Andrews.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#55re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 12/25/06 at 1:14am

I'd love to live in DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS, but only if I wasn't getting conned. Otherwise THE WEDDING SINGER, just 'cuz I'm ready to party like its 1985.

galindagirl2 Profile Photo
galindagirl2
#56re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 12/25/06 at 3:10am

Ha! I love this thread!
Gosh...probably Millie, the 20's have always looked like so much fun...plus, I could tap everywhere I went without people looking at me like I'm a freak...which I am, but that's another story....

And Pimpernel might be exciting and romantic, unless of course I was a French aristocrat awaiting my execution by guillotine...that doesn't sound too appealing..

VIETgrlTerifa
#57re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 12/25/06 at 3:47am

Before you elect Sound of Music, read Maria von Trapp's autobiography. She was not Julie Andrews.

Yeah, the real Maria von Trapp had premarital sex, for one thing.

"I've got to get me out of here This place is full of dirty old men And the navigators and their mappy maps And moldy heads and pissing on sugar cubes While you stare at your books."

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Perfectly Marvelous
#58re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 12/25/06 at 3:56am

Um, I think mine is pretty obvious.

But I suppose West Side Story would be fun, too... what with those choreographed dance-fights and all.

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and dreamer of improbable dreams." - Doctor Who

"Yes, the brutalities of progress are called revolutions. When they are over, men recognize that the human race has been harshly treated but it has moved forward." - Les Miserables

Renthead#1 Profile Photo
Renthead#1
#59re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 12/25/06 at 4:08am

I also choose Phantom because I love that whole 1800s Paris.

Go ask Alice When she's ten feet tall
Updated On: 12/25/06 at 04:08 AM

Bwaygirl717
#60re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 12/25/06 at 6:15am

I would love to be Belle in Beauty and The Beast! If I could live in any other musical it would definitely be The Wedding Singer, I love that show!

Mattbrain
#61re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 12/25/06 at 7:16am

I would take a vacation in Lestat to see if the skies suddenly get all orange and weird and if you hear the sound of dying whales when you get bitten by some dude named Magnus.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

incendiary_wit Profile Photo
incendiary_wit
#62re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 12/25/06 at 7:44am

The History Boys

Showtunes, Bette Davis movies, and a room full of handsome British boys. *wink*

1. Ted Allen: Everyone has an interesting life if you ask the right questions.
2. Great buckets of Spoffnor, they're going to sing!
3. "I love shrubs that are historical." -Johnny and The Sprites
4. "We're not singing it to you, we're singing it for us." -Rosario Dawson, about La Vie Boheme
5. "The best moments in reading are when you come across something - a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things - which you had thought special and particular to you. And now, here it is, set down by someone else, a person you have never met, someone even who is long dead. And it is as if a hand has come out, and taken yours." -The History Boys
6. "Pass the parcel. That's sometimes all you can do. Take it, feel it and pass it on. Not for me, not for you, but for someone, somewhere, one day. Pass it on, boys. That's the game I want you to learn. Pass it on." -The History Boys

FosseForever3 Profile Photo
FosseForever3
#63re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 2/1/07 at 6:17pm

RAGTIME

it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the time period...but if we're living in a musical, don't we get to sing the songs from the show all day long??

"And there was distant music..."

OH and Audra and Brian would have to live there with me :)

"Now she wants to know WHY, if I'm so fabulous, I would WANT to take care of her child.....I answer with as much filigree and insouciance as I can muster, trying to slightly cock my head like Snow White listening to the animals. She, in turn, is aiming for more of a Diane-Sawyer-pose, looking for answers which will confirm that I am not there to steal her husband, jewelry, friends, or child. In that order." The Nanny Diaries

glimpseofstocking Profile Photo
glimpseofstocking
#64re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 2/1/07 at 6:28pm

Thoroughly Modern Millie (tap dancing in elevators is my idea of fun!) and I think Anything Goes would be quite fun. Plus we could sing Cole Porter tunes all the time.

There wouldn't be lights bright enough!

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#65re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 2/1/07 at 6:37pm

piazza would be lovely. singin' in the rain would be exciting. or zombie prom.. hahaha. <3 =)

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#66re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 2/1/07 at 6:37pm

piazza would be lovely. singin' in the rain would be exciting. or zombie prom.. hahaha. <3 =)

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

rflpfl2
#67re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 2/1/07 at 6:43pm

I wouldn't mind living in Kiss me Kate. You're performing, having backstage shenanigans, dancing behind the theater- fun fun fun.

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#68re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 2/1/07 at 6:48pm

Sweeney Todd. No, just kidding.

But I've always wanted to be in a situation like A Chrous Line. And regardless of what you think of the musical, who wouldn't want to live in Wicked?

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015
Updated On: 2/1/07 at 06:48 PM

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#69re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 2/1/07 at 6:52pm

Little shop of horrors- but i don't want to get eaten

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#70re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 2/1/07 at 6:53pm

I would live in SPAMALOT where its all fun and games and laughs

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

FutureElphie Profile Photo
FutureElphie
#71re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 2/1/07 at 6:53pm

I love this thread! You invaded my day dreams! lol I can't pick just one, so I'll name a few

Wicked cause it's like a fantasy, almost like a farytale tragedy! But it would just be so intrancing! =D Plus, I know the words to every song, so I would probably fit in pretty well

Hairspray because I've always wanted to live in the 60s! It would just be an absolute BLAST! it would be like a carefree life.

Same with Drowsy. It's just a "do whatever and nobody cares how stupid you look" kinda life =)

Oh and Jersey Boys, just so I could listen to JLY 24, 7!

-I couldn't help it Janet! She was just like you, only french... ~Robert-The Drowsy Chaperone~

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#72re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 2/1/07 at 7:00pm

Les Mis!

oh wait...

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

stagegrrrl
#73re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 2/1/07 at 7:07pm

this is a movie musical but the only place to live if u ask me.
willy wonka and the chocolate factory.
the gene wildre version not the creepy johnny depp one.
just me, the oompa loompas, and the chocolate river.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#74re: If you could live in a musical
Posted: 2/1/07 at 7:12pm

Company

Videos