pixeltracker

COMPANY starring Katrina Lenk and Patti LuPone will open March 22 - Page 32

COMPANY starring Katrina Lenk and Patti LuPone will open March 22

Calcifer2
#775Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/3/19 at 10:49am

Ugh, finally. Got some $99 seats near the back of center mezzanine.

magictodo123
#776Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/3/19 at 10:55am

dramamama611 said: "Ted Li said: "iflip4musicals said: "I was able to get in and look at the tickets, but the cheapest one that popped up was $197.... I couldn't look at any tickets in the mezz. I didn't try to buy, that may have to wait..... Also, as a heads up, there weren't any tickets for opening night."

Yeah, I was so disappointed about the opening night. Probably going to be the same for Audience Rewards presale. Because that's the only time I want to go. Hopefully it will be open for general public.
"

There are almost NEVER tickets released for opening night at the beginning of sales. They don't yet know how many they need to give to producers and bigwigs yet. Often, IF there will be any, they don't get released for public sales a week or two ahead of time.

"Yeah, I wouldn’t pin all my hopes on going to opening night. Especially with a show like this, that will most likely not be open to the public as most openings are not. 

Ted Li
#777Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/3/19 at 10:55am

dramamama611 said: "Ted Li said: "iflip4musicals said: "I was able to get in and look at the tickets, but the cheapest one that popped up was $197.... I couldn't look at any tickets in the mezz. I didn't try to buy, that may have to wait..... Also, as a heads up, there weren't any tickets for opening night."

Yeah, I was so disappointed about the opening night. Probably going to be the same for Audience Rewards presale. Because that's the only time I want to go. Hopefully it will be open for general public.
"

There are almost NEVER tickets released for opening night at the beginning of sales. They don't yet know how many they need to give to producers and bigwigs yet. Often, IF there will be any, they don't get released for public sales a week or two ahead of time.

Thanks for the info! That's really helpful!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#778Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/3/19 at 10:57am

I was able to get through my selected Amex regular. Not Amex preferred. Amex preferred only shows premium.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#779Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/3/19 at 11:45am

I got A106 to pop up on mobile for regular price at the first preview, so I pounced on it. On the desktop version, those seats don't seem to be popping up.

Updated On: 10/3/19 at 11:45 AM

LexiGirl Profile Photo
LexiGirl
#780Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/3/19 at 11:56am

That first hour was a bit frustrating with it not working, but in the end, I got the exact seats and date I wanted. That rarely happens, so I’m happy!

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#781Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/3/19 at 1:46pm

Me too! Just FYI there is a Thursday matinee the week before the Tony Awards since they don’t have a performance the day of the awards. An extra slot for my visit!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#782Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/3/19 at 3:46pm

I'm very surprised that they are only doing 18 previews. I'm assuming it's a little less because they wanted to open on Sondheim's 90th. 

carolinaguy Profile Photo
carolinaguy
#783Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/3/19 at 4:24pm

I looked at three dates in April just to get an idea of prices and locations and it told me there were no seats available on any of the dates, which I find hard to believe. They must have released a very small percentage of inventory for the AmEx pre-sale.

Just remembering you've had an "and" When you're back to "or" Makes the "or" mean more than it did before

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#784Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/3/19 at 4:31pm

I found that inventory opened up completely when I specifically clicked “I want American Express Seating” and UN-CLICKED the premium seating options. Otherwise, all I saw available was Premiums and Preferred seats only. Telecharge is a scam.

carolinaguy Profile Photo
carolinaguy
#785Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/3/19 at 4:38pm

Yes, that worked. Thank you.

Now I have to decide if it's worth yet another $40 to be in front mezz as opposed the front row of the rear mezz.

Just remembering you've had an "and" When you're back to "or" Makes the "or" mean more than it did before

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#786Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/3/19 at 4:41pm

I love the new pic/artwork on the official website with Katrina Lenk surrounded by the colorful birthday balloons.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#787Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/3/19 at 5:28pm

GreasedLightning said: "I found that inventory opened up completely when I specifically clicked “I want American Express Seating” and UN-CLICKED the premium seating options. Otherwise, all I saw available was Premiums and Preferred seats only. Telecharge is a scam."

Wow, this was quite the trick! I like my seat, but I would've preferred being on the aisle, which shows up with your method. 

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#788Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/3/19 at 6:44pm

I’ll be traveling when this opens, but had no trouble getting fabulous seats for June, when I’m back in NYC.

I saw this in London, and am so eager to see it with the NY cast!

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#789Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/3/19 at 7:40pm

ljay889 said: "GreasedLightning said: "I found that inventory opened up completely when I specifically clicked “I want American Express Seating” and UN-CLICKED the premium seating options. Otherwise, all I saw available was Premiums and Preferred seats only. Telecharge is a scam."

Wow, this was quite the trick! I like my seat, but I would've preferred being on the aisle, which shows up with your method.
"

Ah, sorry I didn’t post sooner ljay! May be worth calling Telecharge to see if they’d do an even exchange if the aisle seat is still available at the same price? 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#790Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/4/19 at 12:12pm

The photos of Katrina and pants further make me wonder if her interpretation will be of a powerful, sexy woman that has men at her fingertips rather than a more wholesome, girl-next-door type that is trying to make her way in life but not quite getting there (Craig)...until the end of the show of course. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

binau Profile Photo
binau
#791Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/4/19 at 12:18pm

Also, I know it's typical of many shows these days but it's quite funny that basically all of the center orchestra seats are premium. It seems a little...ambitious!

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

JBC3
#792Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/4/19 at 1:02pm

I saw lots of center orchestra seats that were not premium and was actually surprised at that.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#793Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/4/19 at 1:19pm

Is anyone else having problems with Telecharge’s seating map for this? It keeps telling me I need to download that silverlight plugin but it’s not a problem looking at the 3D seatmap of any other show.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#794Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/4/19 at 1:44pm

qolbinau said: "The photos of Katrina and pants further make me wonder if her interpretation will be of a powerful, sexy woman that has men at her fingertips rather than a more wholesome, girl-next-door type that is trying to make her way in life but not quite getting there (Craig)...until the end of the show of course."

I think this is exactly what they’re going for. Even styling her with the big hoop earrings lends itself to this interpretation. I think she’s going to be totally sexy and irresistible in the role. 

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#795Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/4/19 at 4:09pm

Okay but when are we getting the announcement of the rest of the cast!?

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

barcelona20
#796Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/4/19 at 4:25pm

Katrina's interpretation of Being Alive is what I'm most curious about. Raul set the standard so high, I wonder how she will do with it.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#797Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/4/19 at 5:54pm

I'm willing to wait to buy tickets as I'm not expecting this to be a big box office hit and will hope for a discount. Also eagerly awaiting the full cast announcement.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Joviedamian
#798Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/4/19 at 7:03pm

Could they do a Boyd Gaines and Patti Lupone pairing again?

JBC3
#799Phone rings, door chimes, in comes COMPANY!
Posted: 10/4/19 at 8:19pm

barcelona20 said: "Katrina's interpretation of Being Alive is what I'm most curious about. Raul set the standard so high, I wonder how she will do with it."

My hunch is it will fall somewhere between his anguished near breakdown and Craig's more plaintive interpretation.

Videos