pixeltracker

HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...- Page 36

HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#875HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 12:27pm

Actually, they plan *was* to use the split screen and film it like "Telephone Hour", which would have worked since the film already pays homage to various other movie-musicals.

The reason it was cut was because Shankman felt it "connected" Tracy and Amber in a way that a hero and villain probably shouldn't be.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#876HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 12:57pm

the fact that you could have something in common with your nemesis is a little shocking I guess

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#877HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 2:52pm

I agree that Garrett Clayton as Link is all wrong. He does nothing for me. When I think of Link Larkin, power bottom does NOT come to mind. The part has been cast lately with the fayest little twinks. 

Michael St. Gerard was the hottest Link - - - 

HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#878HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 3:09pm

Oh, Michael St. Gerard.  From playing Link in the original 1988 film HAIRSPRAY to playing Elvis Presley a few times to obscurity.   Now at age 55, he's a pastor in Harlem.  

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#879HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 3:17pm

I'm actually really disappointed that Doll's House isn't included on the soundtrack.  I could see it becoming the definitive recording of Hairspray, but I have a big problem with such a big number getting cut.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#880HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 3:19pm

I'm getting so pumped for this! Maybe I'll host a viewing party. Lol. It's such a feel-good show that manages to find bundles of hope amid some serious issues.

Although, I still never got around to watching Grease Live...should probably get on that too...

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Observation
#881HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 4:30pm

So did something happen with Nikki Blonsky? It seems like there's a shutout of her involvement with Hairspray. Interviews with Marissa Jaret Winokur, she doesn't even mention Nikki. 

It just seems interesting she isn't invited to make a cameo in the LIVE version. Or maybe it's not interesting at all and I'm reading into it. HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical... 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#882HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 4:40pm

has this thread set a record for most uses of the term "power bottom"? i feel like it has

i'm finishing listening to the soundtrack now and it's been terrific. Jennifer Hudson is welcome to sing whatever, whenever and wherever she likes in my opinion.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Observation
#883HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 5:09pm

Where is the soundtrack available? 

Updated On: 12/1/16 at 05:09 PM

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#884HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 5:34pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Oh, Michael St. Gerard.  From playing Link in the original 1988 film HAIRSPRAY to playing Elvis Presley a few times to obscurity.   Now at age 55, he's a pastor in Harlem.  

He is still the hottest Link Larkin out of all the Link Larkin's to date, and what's so wrong with being a pastor or even playing Elvis. You say it like he has something to be ashamed of. At least he didn't play a power bottom! LMAO!!! 

Updated On: 12/1/16 at 05:34 PM

curel1
#885HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 5:47pm

gypsy101 said: "has this thread set a record for most uses of the term "power bottom"? i feel like it has

i'm finishing listening to the soundtrack now and it's been terrific. Jennifer Hudson is welcome to sing whatever, whenever and wherever she likes in my opinion.

"

It's out already?!

Adair Haywind
#886HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 6:28pm

Cutting it a little close, but if anyone in the LA area wants tickets to be in the studio audience....

http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/Hairspray_Live/201612071400#

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#887HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 6:29pm

Is the soundtrack available early?!?!?!?!?

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#888HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 6:29pm

CarlosAlberto said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "He is still the hottest Link Larkin out of all the Link Larkin's to date, and what's so wrong with being a pastor or even playing Elvis. You say it like he has something to be ashamed of. At least he didn't play a power bottom! LMAO!!! "

You say power bottom as if that's something to be ashamed of. Take a shower, Carlos.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#889HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 6:57pm

oh you guys can listen to it early if you use a browser proxy to change your country and then use spotify (i used australia), make sure you change the account settings on spotify to the desired country.

Observation
#890HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 7:02pm

I'm not savvy enough for that! I'll just have to wait until tomorrow :)

jbroadway4 Profile Photo
jbroadway4
#891HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 7:15pm

Have they announced anything on how to participate in being in the live studio audience yet? Been contacting so many people at NBC and doing a lot of research, but nothing shows up.

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#892HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 7:55pm

Soundtrack sounds GREAT! Everyone is perfectly cast

kofler22
#893HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 10:16pm

And what about Big blonde and beautiful? Have they changed the lyrics? Or is something like the movie?

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#894HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 10:53pm

some lyrics are different towards the end of BB&B but most of the lyrics sung by Motormouth are the same.

kofler22
#895HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 10:57pm

It s on itunes!! May i say i hate ariana grande??? Why can t she sing properly? She sounds so pop!! The rest is incredible!! 

justincharacter Profile Photo
justincharacter
#896HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 11:30pm

Ariana sounds perfectly fine. Her voice shines during "Without Love". 

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#897HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 11:45pm

Observation said: "So did something happen with Nikki Blonsky? It seems like there's a shutout of her involvement with Hairspray. Interviews with Marissa Jaret Winokur, she doesn't even mention Nikki.

It just seems interesting she isn't invited to make a cameo in the LIVE version. Or maybe it's not interesting at all and I'm reading into it.
"

Here's a recent interview Nikki Blonsky did with BroadwayWorld...
https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/BWW-Interview-Special-Tracy-Trifecta-Series-Nikki-Blonsky-Shares-Fond-HAIRSPRAY-Memories-20161120

seaweedjstubbs Profile Photo
seaweedjstubbs
#898HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 11:48pm

She sounds fine, but she's done nothing to her voice to fit the character, and that's my issue with her. Penny Pingleton should not sound like Ariana Grande until the big belty parts in Without Love. I can barely tell her voice apart from Dove Cameron's in "Mama I'm a Big Girl Now." I'm still holding out hope that there will be a little more spark during the broadcast. Overall though, I enjoy this soundtrack recording quite a bit. Awesome to have a new professional recording. However, nothing will ever top the energy of the OBC recording!

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#899HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
Posted: 12/1/16 at 11:48pm

Someone tell me how Kristin's "Velma's Revenge' is!! I am dying. Do you just have to wait till midnight for Spotify to release it?

Darreyl with an L!

Videos