pixeltracker

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush- Page 4

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#75re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/29/09 at 11:31pm

"You could've gotten a seat in the balcony."

I tried but they have been sold out for a long time.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#76re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/29/09 at 11:38pm

So I don't know where you got this whole complaint story from me in your head about me refusing to stand or whatever S*** you're making up.

You complained about being "too tired to stand." I'm not making anything up. You are the one expecting or wanting something that you did not pay for.

I'm sorry that I would like to see as many shows as possible and would rather see more than spend all my money on one.

That's fine, but in that case, you sacrifice the comfort and convenience of a seat in order to see more shows. You make the choice: either see one show from a really good seat, or see lots of shows from less than ideal seats, and in some cases, stand. You shouldn't expect both.

It would take me a while to save up for a seat.

So? What's wrong with that? God forbid you have to save for "awhile." It's only a problem because you want instant gratification. As I said.

Drunk Chita Rivera
#77re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/29/09 at 11:47pm

Yes I said I was tired and didn't want to stand but I didn't say I refused to stand. I stood and I'm alive, I didn't make a scene and refuse to stand to the House Manager. Everyone wants something but you won't always get it.

When I bought my ticket I understood I was standing. Sure I would have preferred to stand, who wouldn't, but I was willing to stand sot hat I could go and see other shows. I am NOT expecting to have my way at every show, I was not expecting to be seated.

My question was in these words, "Does anyone know if they have been seating the SRO people if there was any open seats? I'm so exhausted tonight and a seat would brighten up my day!"

Now tell me something, in that first question did I EVER say that I needed to sit? Did I ever say that I would refuse to stand? I accepted the fact that I was most likely going to stand. I was just hoping that maybe if there was an open seat I would be able to sit in it. I was not asking much.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#78re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/29/09 at 11:52pm

DCR, the ushers say to wait until intermission before taking any available seats. I always ask first because sometimes if they know you're eyeing a seat they'll help you get it. As for this show though, they are asking you wait until Act 1 is over.

Hope that helps! :)

Drunk Chita Rivera
#79re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/29/09 at 11:54pm

"DCR, the ushers say to wait until intermission before taking any available seats. I always ask first because sometimes if they know you're eyeing a seat they'll help you get it. As for this show though, they are asking you wait until Act 1 is over.

Hope that helps! :)"

Thank you for the nice answer! A little late re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush but it would have been helpful. It turns out it was completely sold out (or at least the Orchestra was) so I didn't bother hunting for an empty seat.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#80re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/29/09 at 11:56pm

My pleasure. (People are snarky here today! Must be the post-Christmas crash)

Hope you enjoyed the show. =)

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#81re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/30/09 at 10:45am

Got there today at 9:30 (incidentally, no one else showed up after me). There was about 30 people on line in front of me, so I pretty much knew I wasn't getting a ticket, but I stuck around anyway.

Once inside, they divided the line into those who wanted matinee and evening --- the matinee line was MUCH longer, so much to my surprise, I got an evening ticket (possibly the last one -- I was SR 13).

Just an FYI.

gypsymal56 Profile Photo
gypsymal56
#82re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 12/30/09 at 12:40pm

Rushed yesterday (DCR, same as you? How cool.). Showed up at 8:00 with a friend, we were the first ones there. Another pair came up soon after (apparently they had gotten there a little earlier, saw the rush line was empty and went to get coffee). We didn't have a fifth til 8:45. The remaining group slowly trickled in. By the time the box office opened, my count was ten of us. I think the bitter wind played a factor in people waiting for rush seats. Either way, I was surprised there wasn't more of a crowd!

Natch Profile Photo
Natch
#83re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 1/2/10 at 7:07pm

A question of a slightly different note:
How is the standing room view/spot itself? Ie: is whatever is in front of you a nice/comfortable height (particularly for someone short-ish... 5'3"... ? haha).

...it'll get here, oh, it'll get here...
[believe]

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#84re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 1/2/10 at 10:02pm

There's a wooden railing in front of you...it's kind of uncomfortable to lean on. The view is fine though, you can look right over people's heads (at least I was able to...I'm 5'6").

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#85re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 2/21/10 at 8:57pm

Bumping up this thread. Hoping to see the show next week while I am in NYC on either Friday or Sat evening. How has the rush been lately? How early should I get there (especially if I want a Sat evening ticket)?

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#86re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 2/21/10 at 9:50pm

I'd suggest getting there a couple hours before the box office opens...I've lucked out and gotten rush tickets a couple of hours before the performance both times I've rushed the show but they were both Wednesday evenings and one was the day before Christmas Eve and one was this past Wednesday and CZJ was out. From what other people have said, rush has been impossible to get on weekends unless you get there before the box office opens.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#87re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 2/21/10 at 10:06pm

I was there at 10am on a pretty recent Sunday and was first in line (but the line filled up quickly after that). It was freezing that day, though. I'd say a couple of hours before the BO opens is definitely a safe bet. Also, for the person who asked about the view, I'm 5'2" and could see perfectly.

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#88re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 2/21/10 at 11:14pm

I rushed two Fridays ago and no one showed up till an hour before the box office opened. Only 6 people rushed in total.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#89re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 2/22/10 at 9:37am

Thanks guys! I was definitely planning on arriving prior to box office open, just wasn't sure how early before. I'm staying in the Millennium Hotel on 44th, so I plan on rolling out of bed and bundling up to sit outside the theatre :).

lull89 Profile Photo
lull89
#90re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 3/4/10 at 6:30pm

Anyone done a Saturday recently? A friend and I are gonna try this weekend, and I'd like to know how early to show up to try to get tix.

lull89 Profile Photo
lull89
#91re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 3/5/10 at 6:57pm

Bump

Anyone have anything to share about a recent Saturday experience? We're thinking about arriving around 8:30 in the morning, do you think that'll be early enough? Way too early?

ashley0139
#92re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 4/24/10 at 3:02pm

Has anyone rushed recently? How crowded has it been?

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#93re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 4/24/10 at 5:00pm

Last Saturday I was able to get the 5th SRO ticket to the matinee around 11am. However, this is undoubtedly due to Angela Lansbury's vacation.

Her vacation ends tomorrow, so it'll probably go back to having to line up an hour or two before, if not even earlier due to the nice weather.

*edited - LAST Saturday, a week ago. Updated On: 4/24/10 at 05:00 PM

ashley0139
#94re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 4/24/10 at 5:03pm

Thanks! So does that mean she is in tomorrow or that tomorrow is the last day she is out?

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#95re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 4/24/10 at 5:14pm

Tomorrow's her last vacation day. She'll be back in on Tuesday.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#96re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 4/24/10 at 11:37pm

A quick rush question. I went over to the Walter Kerr around half passed six to see if they had any rush spots for Thursday night. They did and I got one without a problem. Now, is that always the case that they have them that late in the day, or was that just pure dumb luck due to the fact that Lansbury wasn't in the show?

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#97re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 4/25/10 at 12:51pm

I went to the box office on a Friday night, during a holiday week, with both stars in the show, around 6PM and got a rush ticket. Granted, it was the last one, but it was available.

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

defygravity24 Profile Photo
defygravity24
#98re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 5/26/10 at 6:04pm

bump

how is the rush now? Is it standing room or seats? and for as aturday show when should you get there?

Ryan4
#99re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
Posted: 5/26/10 at 7:50pm

I did it a couple of weeks ago, on a weeknight, either a Tuesday or Thursday, I forget which it was. It's standing, but after intermission they let us take empty seats in the orchestra, so that was nice.

Videos