pixeltracker

The BWW Tech Support Thread- Page 4

The BWW Tech Support Thread

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#75The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 2/18/22 at 2:43pm

I am seeing Tucker Carlson banner ads.  Must be a technical glitch.  Please fix asap.

#76The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 2/18/22 at 2:48pm

Hi Melissa25,

BroadwayWorld doesn't allow such advertisements, but sometimes ads are miscoded by their publishers and slip through. Those are programmatic ads and are not specific to BroadwayWord, they follow you across the internet.

With that noted, if you see the ad on BWW again, if you do click it and copy/paste the URL it links to and email to the link to moderator@broadwayworld.com, we can submit that to our ad network for blocking to make sure prohibited ads are not coming through.

Thanks.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#77The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 2/23/22 at 12:41pm

Lately I'm finding that if I have BWW open in more than one browser tab in Chrome, it slows down my connection. I'm guessing it's from all the ads loading and that floating video, is there anything that can be done? 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#78The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 2/26/22 at 3:53pm

The number of "Views" under "Stats" seems not to be working.  ?

Non sibi sed patriae

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#79The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 2/26/22 at 4:27pm

everythingtaboo said: "Lately I'm finding that if I have BWW open in more than one browser tab in Chrome, it slows down my connection. I'm guessing it's from all the ads loading and that floating video, is there anything that can be done?"

Nope. It's a mess and always has been. Sadly, opinions like this will be deleted because they can't handle criticism regarding their slowwwwwwwww website. 

pmensky
#80The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 2/26/22 at 6:30pm

The BWW iPad app has become unusable. The app refreshes anywhere from every 15 to 40 seconds and goes back to the top of the current page. If I want to post on the message boards, I have to compose my message outside the app then cut and paste it very quickly back in the app before it refreshes or the message is lost. This is not something I’m experiencing on any other apps.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#81The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 3/1/22 at 6:23pm

I just tried to watch the Richard Ridge / Warren Carlisle Music Man interview. It seemed really interesting but after 2 ads per minute, I gave up after ten minutes. This interview is listed at 48 minutes and based on the ad frequency during the first ten minutes, I was looking at another 70-80 interruptions. It is sad that BWW disrespects their audience by doing this. I understand that you have to sell ads but this bombard approach is completely counterproductive.   

#82The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 3/1/22 at 6:36pm

Hi Melissa25 - just wanted to let you know that is not the expected user experience. We have flagged to our ad partners and the team is actively working on it. We appreciate the heads up. 

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#83The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 3/1/22 at 6:43pm

Whew. So very glad to hear that. I appreciate the response. 

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#84The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 3/2/22 at 11:08am

when i click 'next 50' it kicks me back to the main menu board

mxfish1313
#85The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 3/5/22 at 1:01pm

pmensky said: "The BWW iPad app has become unusable. The app refreshes anywhere from every 15 to 40 seconds and goes back to the top of the current page. If I want to post on the message boards, I have to compose my message outside the app then cut and paste it very quickly back in the app before it refreshes or the message is lost. This is not something I’m experiencing on any other apps."

I’m having this issue on the iPhone app as well. It did it right when I was even trying to click on the link replying to this. It’s been happening for the last few weeks for me and I usually get so frustrated I stop using the app completely. Not a good look. 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#86The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 3/5/22 at 3:21pm

mxfish1313 said: "pmensky said: "The BWW iPad app has become unusable. The app refreshes anywhere from every 15 to 40 seconds and goes back to the top of the current page. If I want to post on the message boards, I have to compose my message outside the app then cut and paste it very quickly back in the app before it refreshes or the message is lost. This is not something I’m experiencing on any other apps."

I’m having this issue on the iPhone app as well. It did it right when I was even trying to click on the link replying to this. It’s been happening for the last few weeks for me and I usually get so frustrated I stop using the app completely. Not a good look.
"

I am having the same issue.  Even when I use the browser on either the iphone or the ipad.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#87The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 3/6/22 at 1:50pm

DAME said: "mxfish1313 said: "pmensky said: "The BWW iPad app has become unusable. The app refreshes anywhere from every 15 to 40 seconds and goes back to the top of the current page. If I want to post on the message boards, I have to compose my message outside the app then cut and paste it very quickly back in the app before it refreshes or the message is lost. This is not something I’m experiencing on any other apps."

"

I am having the same issue. Even when I use the browser on either the iphone or the ipad.
"

ANYONE?   HELLO??

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#88The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 3/6/22 at 3:26pm

Our app team is looking into this now. I haven't been able to replicate here yet (though admittedly am on a beta)- Is it just on the post a reply page? or happening on the main board / read a thread / other pages? 

Sutton Ross
#89The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 3/6/22 at 3:42pm

Just an FYI, this website was built on a PC. Not an apple product, not app based, not on mobile. It's best viewed on a desktop computer since it was created on one. Anything else you are going to have issues, especially with their asinine app that I used once and immediately uninstalled. Apple products will never work properly on a website designed by a completely different OS. 

Updated On: 3/6/22 at 03:42 PM

hollebolle
#90The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 3/6/22 at 3:48pm

Rob said: "Our app team is looking into this now. I haven't been able to replicate here yet (though admittedly am on a beta)- Is it just on the post a reply page? or happening on the main board / read a thread / other pages?"

I’ve experienced this too, mostly while reading threads. It’ll refresh once, then a minute or two later it’ll refresh again but the page won’t load. I forget the exact error but I’ll try to screenshot next time.

I’m primarily using Safari on iOS, not the app.

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#91The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 3/6/22 at 5:36pm

Rob said: "Our app team is looking into this now. I haven't been able to replicate here yet (though admittedly am on a beta)- Is it just on the post a reply page? or happening on the main board / read a thread / other pages?"

It may happen on the reply pages, but in my experience it happens whenever I am reading a thread.  I use the app on iPhone and iPad.   
It is truly maddening, so your attention to this is appreciated.  If you need a beta tester when a fix is found, I’d be glad to help.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#92The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 3/6/22 at 6:41pm

Thanks for addressing this.  I use the BWW app on my iPhone and this refreshing situation has been annoying. Especially as you’re trying to read a thread.  

hollebolle
#93The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 3/9/22 at 8:32am

This is the error I’m getting. It’s been way more frequent this morning—refreshing at least 5 times in as many minutes.

A problem repeatedly occurred on “https://forum.broadwayworld.com/“.

Sutton Ross
#94The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 3/30/22 at 1:51pm

Fixed! Thanks! 

Updated On: 3/30/22 at 01:51 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#95The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 3/30/22 at 1:54pm

There's a phantom new page of a thread showing up sometimes. Sometimes you click and there's one post available, other times it takes you back to the home page of the Board. Please fix.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#96The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 4/7/22 at 6:37pm

Mobile app issues. Not reading my preferences for the board layout, but obviously I'm signed in...more importantly, the the most recent thread is currently showing the most recent post as 830ish this morning.  Please fix.

Also, what happened to the page refresh on the app. (Happening on my android)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Sutton Ross
#97The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 4/25/22 at 12:19pm

Hey! Did what you guys asked (cleared the cache) and it changed nothing. Last time I let you guys know on this very thread, my profile picture showed within a few minutes so it's clearly not me. Please fix this very minor problem. All other profile pictures load except mine. Last time, someone actually helped me instead of deleting my comment and then letting me know the problem is me. It's not. So, please fix it when you have a chance. Thank you!  

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#98The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 4/27/22 at 7:15am

Why must the featured videos box cover up more than half of the Latest Headlines section? I am on an iPad. It’s like I have literally just trained myself to wait until new headlines fall to the third spot below the video box to read them. This cannot be by design.

Updated On: 4/27/22 at 07:15 AM

Sutton Ross
#99The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 4/27/22 at 12:19pm

Profile picture still not showing up, only mine though. Tried 4 different browers on my pc, cleared cache and none of them show my picture. It's clearly on BWWs end, since you have fixed this issue like 500 times before. Please fix this annoying, simple issue. Thanks. 

Videos