pixeltracker

CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own- Page 4

CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#75re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 6:03am

okay, now, i didn't just read that someone here was actually embarrased in owning a copy of the "Dreamgirls" OBC.

WTF?!!!

Bwaybaby109
#76re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 11:29am

Yay for Disney songs! I'm really not ashamed to have disney recordings but I do get picked on a lot. lol
I also have the first Britney cd, the first NSYNC cd, and all of BSB cds except for their newest one. And I have been to a BSB concert and NSYNC concerts lol. Those were my young and vulnerable days. But I have to say the NYSYNC '99 concert was the funnest concert I have ever been to, you can laugh all you want! lol
I'm also have The Swan Princess soundtrack lol. Howard McGillian and Liz Callaway sing in it, I couldn't resist.

"Have a child for warmth and a baker for bread and a prince for... whatever!"

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#77re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 11:53am

The original 194(smething) cast recording of Carousel. The vocals are terrible in my opinion. It's just the way they sang back then.

The Producers cast recording. I really wish I hadn't bought it. I never listen to it.

13 Profile Photo
#78re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:00pm

it's a bird...it's a plane...it's SUPERMAN!
South Pacific (the studio recording done with Kiri Te Kanawa and some opera star...)
Dude
Bklyn (it was a gift, I swear!)

"The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you." - Rita Mae Brown

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#79re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:10pm

I'm not ashamed of owning any recordings, but here are a few 'Why the heck do I have these?'

Whistle down the Wind
OLC Romeo and Juliet
Its a bird, its a plane, its superman
Rage of the Heart (It has Michael Ball on it, which is my only defense.)

And, as far as shame goes, you should all SEE my late 90's bubblegum pop collection I keep in the back of my closet. I was 17, it was fun, I was crazy. We're talking imports, live bootlegs, TONS of random stuff. Thats what I'm really ashamed about.

Suddenly Whistle down the wind doesn't seem so bad.

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

lvpblues
#80re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:22pm

Speaking of Kiri te Kanawa, I have her studio album of "My Fair Lady" with Jeremy Irons for some unknown reason.

"Sing me no songs,
Rrrrrrread me no rrrrrrrrhymes"

oi

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#81re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:38pm

Awwww, Whistle Down the Wind and Superman aren't that bad! Whistle actually some some lovely tunes (although the accents are pretty horrible) and Superman is pure camp fun. Who can resist Linda Lavin singing You've Got Possibilities? Good stuff. And for those who listed Rage of the Heart, yes it's not good, but believe me, there is MUCH MUCH worse. Try Let Him Have Justice or Only Heaven Knows and you'll be begging someone to put on Rage of the Heart. LOL

Caroline-Q - Owning Closer to Heaven is not embarassing at all! After all, the idea of a Pet Shop Boys musical featuring new material and an edgy plot was quite ambitious and not a bad one. What was embarassing was seeing the actual show. Yikes! Other than the woman who played Billie Trix and a couple of songs, there wasn't much worth salvaging. The book was horrible and there was not one sympathetic character. I did make an utter fool out of myself when I met Sandra Bernhard and her girlfriend that night. I blame it on the cider.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Brodybaby03 Profile Photo
Brodybaby03
#82re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 12:48pm

Hello my name is Brodybaby and I'm a GREASE 2 aholic!

I'm also not ashamed to confess that I am DYING to hear Mel Gibson sing "If I Never Knew You" on the new remastered Pocahontas DVD....I love that song!
And I do really enjoy my GREASE 2 songs!

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#83re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 1:57pm

Oh, count me in on the Grease 2 aholics. I couldn't get enough of that movie when I was 14-ish.

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#84re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 3:52pm

Ricky Martin and J to tha L.O.

Those are like the 2 non Broadway or Boy Band CD's I own lol..Why the hell did I buy them??

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

buffyactsing Profile Photo
buffyactsing
#85re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:31pm

the 1970's disco Guys and Dolls...I don't even like the REGULAR Guys and Dolls...it was the first cd I ever purchased...I blame it on my youth. Grease.

I should be embarassed but I'm not: Annie 2: Miss Hannigan's Revenge, Annie Warbucks (in 2 different incarnations). I used to be a huge Annie fan.

And I'm proud to own Princess Diana the musical---makes me crack up.

"This ocean runs more dark and deep than you may think you know...I'll be the fear of the fire at sea." -Marie Christine

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#86re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:33pm

Saved by the Bell Soundtrack. I saw it on the shelves and couldn't resist

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#87re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:41pm

Hmm...CDs that I'm embarassed I have...

Joan Osbourne's "Relish" (it was 5th grade and I didn't yet know what bad music was...)

Len (because it had "Steal My Sunshine." The rest of the album sucks)

and...hell, I'm just going to say it...the "Wicked" OBC. I can't believe I own that piece of crap.

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

hypertruffle
#88re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 4:50pm

Marquise-Yea...that was me *shields herself*

I didn't say I was completely embarrased of it...I like a few songs from it. I just say out of my collection, Dreamgirls is the least played, and I see that as a waste of money. I mostly bought it since it was on sale, without even hearing one song from it (with the exception of that parody from FB).

Maybe I have to see it performed to appreciate it?

"The cynicism you refer to, I acquired the day I discovered I was different from little boys!~All About Eve

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#89re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 6:38pm

I forgot to add footloose. What can i say i enjoy the music! oh and both of the friend's cds (hey there is good music on them!)

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#90re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 6:54pm

Back to DISCO EVITA for a moment....

Was that ever issued on CD? Or is it the LP that is being auctioned on E-bay?

It was never a big hit but got played a lot in gay bars.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

Starburst
#91re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 7:04pm

*deep breath*

2 versions of Cats
Britney Spears' 1st album
Ricky Martin
Clay Aiken

I may be embarassed, but it certainly doesn't stop me from listening to Cats or Clay Aiken when no one in a 3-mile radius in the middle of the night with the volume on low in my portable CD player under my covers is around to hear it.

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#92re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 8:38pm

(Takes a deep breath...) the soundtrack to "You Can't Stop the Music" starring The Village People.

Deeper embarrassment - I still like it.

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

CJR
#93re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 8:43pm

Brooklyn
Ace of Base: The Sign
Britney Spears: Oops! I did it again

"You're every gay man's wet dream!" ~ MA

If in Heaven you don't excel, you can always party down in hell...

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#94re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 8:44pm

hey mamie, YCSTM made it to CD? i still have the LP :)

RIP glebby <3

cturtle Profile Photo
cturtle
#95re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 8:47pm

blue's clues GOODNIGHT BLUE - a nighttime musical adventure

(i can't help it ... steve burns is just adorable ...)

RIP glebby <3

Mamie Profile Photo
Mamie
#96re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 8:55pm

LOL - to be perfectly honest, it looks a little like a boot.

www.thebreastcancersite.com
A click for life.
mamie4 5/14/03

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#97re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 9:19pm

no embarrassed just regret;
cabaret revival
grand hotel
spamalot

all 3 have their strong points but on the whole

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

ChrisLovesShows Profile Photo
ChrisLovesShows
#98re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/24/05 at 11:34pm

OMG, Heather, I LOVED Ace of Base! Now this makes me think of the music I have DOWNLOADED, which is a whole different set of embarrassments!

"Do you know ChrisLovesShows?" "Yes. Why, yes he does!"

Flight0017 Profile Photo
Flight0017
#99re: CD's You're Embarrassed You DO Own
Posted: 5/25/05 at 5:23am

frontrowcentre2: My Disco Evita is a CD, I bought it on a trip to London maybe 6 or 7 years ago. At £10 I found it ridiculously overpriced, but I was in a massive Evita-recordings-acquiring-mode *LOL*

Anyway, the recording is NOT worth $250, or even $25.

"Curse you, Lady Glyde!"

Videos