pixeltracker

Your Favorite Musical Villains- Page 4

Your Favorite Musical Villains

ALWrules Profile Photo
ALWrules
#75re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 3/28/06 at 10:16pm

Javert (if one considers him a villian) is definately near the top

Sir Percival Glide from Woman in White is definately one of my favorites. The original guy who played him in London was so slimily evil with the role that it was very interesting.

Thuy from Miss Saigon. Has some great lines and is a very interesting character to watch (albeit in a short stage life)

Keep your morals, I don't have time. Keep your lovers, I'm changing mine! -The Likes of Us

Overthemoon6 Profile Photo
Overthemoon6
#76re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 3/28/06 at 10:26pm

Javert and Thernardier.

And then, do you know Monseiur Marius, I believe I was a little in love with you.
♥♥♥

neomystyk29 Profile Photo
neomystyk29
#77re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 3/29/06 at 12:17am

I would just like to give a big second to The Cat from HONK!. Great villian with a great song.

TimWarp Profile Photo
TimWarp
#78re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 3/29/06 at 10:02am

"I'm Only Thinking of Him" from Man of LaMancha (or, for that matter, "Little Bird, Little Bird" as well).

Elphaba43
#79re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 3/29/06 at 1:41pm

I think that Javert was such a great villain! Um.... I thought Radames' father in Aida was pretty good too.

I am a bagel on a plateful of onion rolls. If you know what I'm talking about, good. If you don't, you're on your own!

RobR Profile Photo
RobR
#80re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 3/29/06 at 4:21pm

Can I suggest another Lansbury role?

Cora Hoover Hooper from 'Anyone Can Whistle' - corrupt, venal, cunning, self pitying & her duet with Nurse Fay Apple 'There's Always A Woman' is a delight.

John Gielgud remarked to Coral Browne, "you know, Coral, Judi Dench is going to play Lady Macbeth." "Oh, then I suppose we shall have the postcard scene!"

tgrabon Profile Photo
tgrabon
#81re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 3/29/06 at 4:28pm

Mrs. Mullin in Carousel. This possessive woman is evil incarnate and rules the stage during her brief appearances.

timmmmmmmmmy

peach
#82re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 3/29/06 at 5:14pm

Leading Player in Pippin (or, as mentioned, any of the players really!). Glory is the song that comes to mind as the most sinister.

Judas in Jesus Christ Superstar - GREAT songs...Heaven on Thier Minds, Damned for All Time.

Some good stuff in DRS, Freddy singing Great Big Stuff..also Laurence in Give Them What They Want.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#83re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 11/27/06 at 6:22pm

Mrs Meers- They Don't Know

A Great villian song.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Spacedog78 Profile Photo
Spacedog78
#84re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 11/27/06 at 8:50pm

Thuy- Miss Saigon
Javert- Les Mis
Judas- JC Superstar

Emcee4ever
#85re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 11/27/06 at 8:57pm

The Nazis in Cabaret.

LaVieHilary Profile Photo
LaVieHilary
#86re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 11/27/06 at 9:25pm

Defidently Mr. Cladwell in Urinetown because of the whole "non-musical" ending of the show as pointed out by officer Lockstock

-------------------------
Light in the Piazza with Megan and Emi
"Girl you got money runnin' in yo bloodline."-Carl the Bartender

ByMySide25
#87re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 11/27/06 at 10:20pm

I think Riff Raff & Magenta in Rocky Horror are great villains. The incestual thing kind of works for them...And depending how you look at it, FranknFurter too.

The pony in The Light in the Piazza. re: Your Favorite Musical Villains

"Everybody has a different idea of love. One girl I know said, 'I knew he loved me when he didn't come in my mouth.'" ~ Andy Warhol

moulinrougehk Profile Photo
moulinrougehk
#88re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 11/27/06 at 10:32pm

All assassins in Assassins.

Somebody sit in my chair, and ruin my sleep, and make me aware of being alive!

BroadwayNick Profile Photo
BroadwayNick
#89re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 11/27/06 at 11:22pm

"The pony in The Light in the Piazza. "

Thank you for making my night, ByMySide25.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. --Dave Berry

aidaxx3 Profile Photo
aidaxx3
#90re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 11/27/06 at 11:33pm

Hannigan in "Annie"
Benny "Rent"

"Lables are for soup cans, not people." -Anthony Rapp

#91re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 11/28/06 at 12:37am

Hmm?

The Judge is the OBVIOUS villain in Sweeney Todd. He is what the protagonist if fighting against the entire show.

HOWEVER

Mrs. Lovett is revealed to be the TRUE villain of the piece in the final moments of the show in a dramatic TWIST. Sweeney was going after the judge becuase he believed him to be responsible for the death of his wife.

TURNS OUT he WASNT. Mrs. Lovett is responsible. While she didnt exactly tell Sweeney she died. She DEFINETLY implied it. She said it without saying it. Her exact quaote is : "Poisened herself. Arsnic from the apothocary on the corner. I tried to stop her but she woulodnt listen to me"

I would consider that a lie. That LIE makes Sweeney believe Lucy is dead. And has no problem killing a woman who says Sweeney looks familiar. (Since he thinks his wife is dead, this woman who recognizes him could potentially get him in trouble. He thinks she knows he's Ben Barker.) Becuase Sweeney kills her...Mrs. Lovett is responsible.

This makes her the CLEAR Villain of Sweeney Todd

(come on people...havnt you seen any James Bond movies? The leading lady is always the villain in the end.)

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#92re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 11/28/06 at 1:12am

Ahh, moulinrougehk, I was gonna post Assassins because I couldn't belive that no one had said that!

Also, The Stepmother in Sisterella. Her song, "I Got The Money" is pure evil.....

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

NathanLaneStalker
#93re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 11/28/06 at 1:49am

Mrs. Meers - Thoroughly Modern Millie
Mrs. Lovette - Sweeney Todd
The Child Catcher - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Ms. Hannigan - Annie
Riff Raff - Rocky Horror Show
Captain Hook - Peter Pan
Van Zyskin - The Magic Show (I beleive his name was different in the show in broadway. That's his name from the filmed version.)
Gaston - Beauty and the Beast
The Emcee - Cabaret
Glen - The Wedding Singer

many others!
Everyone in Into the Woods
All the asssassins in Assassins

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

NathanLaneStalker
#94re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 11/28/06 at 1:49am

Mrs. Meers - Thoroughly Modern Millie
Mrs. Lovette - Sweeney Todd
The Child Catcher - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Ms. Hannigan - Annie
Riff Raff - Rocky Horror Show
Captain Hook - Peter Pan
Van Zyskin - The Magic Show (I beleive his name was different in the show in broadway. That's his name from the filmed version.)
Gaston - Beauty and the Beast
The Emcee - Cabaret
Glen - The Wedding Singer

many others!
Everyone in Into the Woods
All the asssassins in Assassins

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

TheatreDiva90016
#95re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 11/28/06 at 1:59am

The Emcee in Cabaret is not an evil character....

He's just creepy.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Whiteguy2088 Profile Photo
Whiteguy2088
#96re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 11/28/06 at 2:14am

I am really suprised Madame Morrible is not on this list... I mean I think she is pretty much a clear villain and you have to love her Wicked Witch screaml... always gives me chills

But I would say some of the best
Scar - He KILLS MUSAFA damnit! lol ruins kids lives...
Mr. Cladwell
Glen from Wedding Singer... he is such a douche

TheatreDiva90016
#97re: Your Favorite Musical Villains
Posted: 11/28/06 at 12:18pm

Capitan Hook in Peter Pan.

Videos