2007 tony predictions

Marguerite Chauvelin
#75re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/14/06 at 10:07pm

Don't forget about Will Chase, High Fidelity is coming this year.

If Percy Blakeney were in Les Mis....

Percy: Sink me! If it isn't Javvurt!
Javert: Zsah-vair, it's pronounced Zsah-vair.
Pecry: But it's spelled J-A-V-E-R-T Javvurt.
Javert: Repeat after me Zsah...Zsah....
Percy: Oh! Zsa-Zsa! Like the Gabor sister! Well I personally have always prefered Eva.
Javert: (Looks for gun)

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#76re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 10:11am

re: 2007 tony predictions

Speaking of Curtains, the logo is rather fun.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#77re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 12:33pm

Very "cool"
is there a full cast list somewhere?

Lady Italy Profile Photo
Lady Italy
#78re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 12:36pm

Very FUN and colorful...Sounds interesting and mysterous

#79re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 12:38pm

If Stephanie J. doesn't get a Tony...I will kill myself.

And if Les Miz doesn't get best revival...I will hope Chorus Line gets it...and if another crap musical in comparison gets it...I will wake from dead and kill myself again, after I bomb Radio City.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#80re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 12:40pm

Cast of Curtains is: David Hyde Pierce, Debra Monk, Edward Hibbert, Debra Monk, Karen Ziemba, Jason Danieley, Noah Racey, Jill Paice, Michael McCormick, John Bolton, Michael X. Martin, Megan Sikora, Robert Walden, Nili Bassman, Ward Billeisen, Jennifer Dunne, David Eggers, J. Austin Eyer, Matt Farnsworth, Patty Goble, Mary Ann Lamb, Brittany Marcin, Jim Newman, Jessica Lea Patty, Joe Aaron Reid, Darcie Roberts and Christopher Spaulding.

Curtains cast

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#81re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 12:42pm

Thanks Maxie!

Lauri Benati couldn't get out of that other "thing"
But Hibbart is taking off from DROWSY?

sweetestsiren Profile Photo
sweetestsiren
#82re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 12:44pm

I really do hope that Raúl wins for Best Actor next year. I don't know the competition yet, obviously, but his Bobby in Company is brilliant.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#83re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 12:53pm

Hibbert has done the readings of Curtains for years, so I gather that this was part of his deal with the Drowsy folks.

neomystyk29 Profile Photo
neomystyk29
#84re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 1:40pm

Block will get the Drama Desk but its next to impossible to beat Ebersole out for the tony next year. I also really believe that it's Raul's time.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#85re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 1:54pm

Steph will have to battle Audra for the Drama Desk!! I am so glad people are putting Michael Arden's name in the hat because the man is feirce and i'm sure is incredible in TIMES. Ahh next season looks to be very exciting. Remember there is also the men of 110 to consider when thinking of actors and the women of High Fidelity have not been announced.

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

bwaybabe3
#86re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 2:18pm

Dear American Musical Theatre Wing (or whatever you are called... I don't really know...)

Best replacement Tony to Barrett, please!

Thanks!

:)

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#87re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 2:24pm

If they didn't give it to Jonathan Pryce this year, they won't give it to Barrett Foa next year, though I indeed love him.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#88re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 3:04pm

Here is a link to this thread from last year when everyone was trying to predict the 2006 Tony nominations for best musical. There is lots of talk of Lestat and The Woman in White and even one poster said that "Lennon could be huge". There is no mention of Jersey Boys or The Drowsy Chaperone but I think someone did mention In My Life..... Go ahead and get a chuckle by reading everyone's premature predictions from last year.

It just goes to show how no one knows what the future holds. Some of these shows we are predicting may be savaged by the critics and although they look great on paper -- might not do so well on stage in NYC. It is still a lot fun to guess though!

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?boardname=bway&thread=857378

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

neomystyk29
#89re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 3:10pm

I love how there's the inevitable annoying cynical response. I love even more how the original poster is right about how funny it is to read it now.

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#90re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 4:51pm

I just don't see them awarding Les Miserables for Best Revival when it's the same production, and they have already awarded it Best Musical way back when. Personally, I wish it weren't eligible for Best Revival, but it would be nice to see some of the actors gets nominations.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#91re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 5:37pm

I don't think anyone is going to beat Ebersole for Best Actress in a Musical. Whoever said that Tony is as good as engraved right now was dead on.

gustof777 Profile Photo
gustof777
#92re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 6:52pm

that's why we're debating over who gets the drama desk!

RIP Natasha Richardson. ~You were a light on this earth ~

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#93re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 7:07pm

Look at Patti. Everyone thought she'd win so nothing is written in stone. No future Tonys are engraved just yet.

So here's a question... would you rather win as a favorite or as an underdog?

I like the underdogs personally re: 2007 tony predictions

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#94re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 9:41pm

jimnysf, you forgot to mention that the Nancy Sinatra jukebox musical changed its title from "These Boots Are Made For Walking" during its out of town tryout in Spokane. Its new working title is "Something Stupid". I wonder if the critics will use this in some creative way in their reviews??? LOL

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#95re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/15/06 at 10:16pm

"Look at Patti. Everyone thought she'd win so nothing is written in stone. No future Tonys are engraved just yet. "

Patti's performance has not received the kind of universal critical praise that Ebersole has. Ebersole's performance has been called one of the best in the history of musical theater.

west end artist1 Profile Photo
west end artist1
#96re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/16/06 at 6:57pm

this is so strange

The actors everyone is predicting could suck in the roles there playing

Pirate queen etc could stink and close within a month

how can anyone even try and make predictions

people saying mary poppins should wait to see it first(its playing down the road from the theatre my show is in and ive seen it twice with freinds)and it issnt that great.The sets and costumes are fun but its just another overblown musical with little heart and im guessing by the time all the changes are made to billy elliot(so americans can understand it,that still strikes me as odd)it will be a bit of a mess and lost a lot of its heart

lets see the new shows first guys

ps to the person who said that choros line wouldnt be a critical or comercial hit ...be real ITS A CHORUS LINE of course it will be

neomystyk29
#97re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/16/06 at 7:44pm

To the "let's see these shows first", "how can anyone make predictions", "this is ridiculous" people, understand that the point of this thread is not to accurately predict the winners. While we are all trying to do so, the point is to build buzz, understanding, and excitement for next season. At least that's what this thread means to me.

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#98re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/16/06 at 7:51pm

1. Mary Poppins
2. Pirate Queen
3. Martin Short
4. Legally Blonde
5. High Fidelity
6. The Times They Are A'Changin
7. Grey Gardens
8. A tale of two cities

are the musicals for next year (so far) and it looks like a great line up!

YourLilAssassin
#99re: 2007 tony predictions
Posted: 6/16/06 at 9:29pm

when is Hal Prince's new show Lovemusik going up? Is that next season or the season following?

Videos