Barbra's Tour

Robert16 Profile Photo
Robert16
#100Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/7/16 at 2:46pm

Was the set list the same as the California shows? I'm going to both shows at The Barclays Center on Thursday & Saturday.

fflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
#101Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/7/16 at 11:07pm

Why charge so much for 10 pieces in the band? No strings. 

Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?

@z5
#102Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/8/16 at 12:31am

But when Al Pacino used help on stage during China Doll on broadway...who is also in his 70's, and a legend...people freaked. 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#103Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/8/16 at 12:52am

Did someone misinform you and tell you Streisand was doing a play?  

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#104Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/8/16 at 12:54am

There is a huge difference between a concert and a full-fledged Broadway production.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

Whateverjsays
#105Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/8/16 at 1:05am

songanddanceman2 said: "I'm a bit confused, her tickets are insane prices but people shrug them off, stars like Madonna, Rolling Stones etc charge the same and they are horrendous for doing so.

Also if a pop star used a Teleprompter or a stage actor did (as some have) then all hell breaks out, but for Babs it's fine?

"

A lot of pop stars use teleprompters on stage, they have them on the speakers or in the front of the stages. 

@z5
#106Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/8/16 at 1:24am

But I don't see the difference if one believe's the performer should know his/her lines...shouldn't matter if it's a concert or a play.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#107Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/8/16 at 1:09pm

Agreed. But Pacino is sort of billed as this incredible actor, so to not know his lines seems a discredit to his craft. Babe is doing an almost 3 hour convert, and sounds like the set list changed fairly often. 

I sucked it up and got tickets to Barbra on Saturday! Pretty excited! I'm going stag, so I'm just going to live my gay fantasy! Love it!

undercoverusher
#108Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/8/16 at 2:39pm

Would rather give $600 to the poor, than to listen to this limousine liberal, tell us who to vote for and how great Hillary Clinton is. I'd rather eat lead paint. As soon as she started with politics, I stopped listening to her. WIll not support any artist who lectures me. Can't wait till she retires. She is a greedy, limousine liberal idiot 

Updated On: 8/8/16 at 02:39 PM

smidge
#109Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/8/16 at 3:28pm

RippedMan said: "Agreed. But Pacino is sort of billed as this incredible actor, so to not know his lines seems a discredit to his craft. Babe is doing an almost 3 hour convert, and sounds like the set list changed fairly often. 

I sucked it up and got tickets to Barbra on Saturday! Pretty excited! I'm going stag, so I'm just going to live my gay fantasy! Love it!

Ripped, you have the same exact mindset as me. The $600 price scared me, but when I saw the $100 seats I grabbed a single. I would have to turn in my gay card if I never saw her.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#110Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/8/16 at 5:51pm

I'm gay AND love musical theater so it made sense! 

smidge
#111Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/8/16 at 7:07pm

Anybody have the concert length of the last couple of shows. Just want to make sure I can catch a train after Saturday's Barclays show

ArtMan
#112Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/8/16 at 7:40pm

Robert16 said: "Was the set list the same as the California shows? I'm going to both shows at The Barclays Center on Thursday & Saturday.

"

If you go to setlists.com , you can view which songs she has done in past shows.

ChgoTheatreGuy Profile Photo
ChgoTheatreGuy
#113Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/9/16 at 12:04am

Finally bought tickets to see her in Chicago tomorrow night.  Excited beyond belief, I hope that she goes back to having special guests again.  My seats are kinda behind the stage on the side, but it doesn't matter. I have been waiting since I was a teenager to see her live in concert...

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#114Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/9/16 at 8:48am

in Vegas Barbra started around 8:15 pm and ended just before 11 pm...the show ended with 3 encores so that depends on the audience wherever she plays...:)

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#115Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/9/16 at 9:33am

smidge said: "Anybody have the concert length of the last couple of shows. Just want to make sure I can catch a train after Saturday's Barclays show

For Las Vegas - time stamp on a text I sent as I was walking away from my seat says 10:36pm if that helps 

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#116Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/9/16 at 12:41pm

The concert is 2 & 1/2 hours and Barbra talks about "politics" for less than a minute.  It's no big deal.  She's not lecturing anyone.  

I saw the show in LA, San Jose & Las Vegas.  Each night was fantastic.  She did change it up a bit from city to city.  And, I got a nice surprise in Las Vegas when my seat got automatically upgraded.  :)

Updated On: 8/9/16 at 12:41 PM

RussT2
#117Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/9/16 at 12:54pm

undercoverusher said: "Would rather give $600 to the poor, than to listen to this limousine liberal, tell us who to vote for and how great Hillary Clinton is. I'd rather eat lead paint. As soon as she started with politics, I stopped listening to her. WIll not support any artist who lectures me. Can't wait till she retires. She is a greedy, limousine liberal idiot "

Oh, I didn't know Mother Teresa posted here! Did you give the $600 to the poor yet? Enjoy your lead paint lunch darling.

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#118Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/9/16 at 3:10pm

I caught the Vegas performance and will catch the second night in Brooklyn.  Truly a wonderful evening.  I got mid prices tickets for both and consider it money well spent.  Also.. my Vegas ticket was upgraded and I had a good floor seat.

Updated On: 8/9/16 at 03:10 PM

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#119Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/9/16 at 10:23pm

If you buy on line, there is a $40 facility tacked on to the already outrageous price but if you buy at Barclay in person, the facility fee is not there.

Julie Yard
#120Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/9/16 at 10:38pm

A friend called with an extra ticket and I am all over that ... Barclay's/Thursday night!!! I've never seen her, can't believe I'm getting to see her. Sometimes great things happen on a Tuesday.

Dolittle

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#121Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/10/16 at 12:47pm

Great review in Chicago.  No mention of the magician.  Is he finally cut from the show?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/ct-ent-0811-barbra-streisand-review-20160808-story.html

ChgoTheatreGuy Profile Photo
ChgoTheatreGuy
#122Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/10/16 at 2:23pm

Barbra came to the stage at 8:15, was very happy to not see the "mentalist", because of what other people has said.  The show went to intermission and then Barbra spoke over the PA system...to introduce the "mentalist".  He performed for about ten minutes and then the concert continued.  I had never seen her in concert before and was completely enthralled.  She is a complete class act, loved hearing her stories about her past and learned things I never knew (the chair she kneels on on "The Broadway Album" was the same chair she used in "I Can Get it for You Wholesale".  There were no special guests and no added songs, but I loved every minute of the show, she was beyond amazing!...

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#123Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/10/16 at 2:28pm

Glad they at least moved him to intermission.   

10086sunset
#124Barbra's Tour
Posted: 8/11/16 at 10:05am

Ticketmaster actually raised prices for tonights show at Barclays.

Section 228 was selling 104.50 last week, side view stage.

Today it's $195.50

Videos