pixeltracker

Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS- Page 5

Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#100Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 4/30/17 at 7:51pm

I do want to see this again with Sara. I'm currently debating whether to see this again or try to see Hello Dolly! with Donna Murphy (already seen Bette). 

BwayinVan
#101Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/2/17 at 12:46am

So I returned to the diner on friday after seeing the original cast last April. I'll be honest, a big draw to go back  was Sara and she didn't disappoint. Was her acting as good as Jessie? No but holy crap she sang the snot out of those songs. I didn't find her Jenna as heartbreaking as Jessie's and I didn't feel sorry for her like I did Jessie's version but I appreciated her interpretation. I was looking forward to Will Swenson but was a bit disappointed. I didn't find him as domineering as Nick's portrayl and just found his Earl to be more of a loser than an abusive husband.

I thought Caitlin's Dawn was actually better than Kimiko. She was funny and quirky in all the right ways.

This is a show that I have grown to love more over time and the first show that caused me to make a return visit on Broadway.  It's in good hands with a strong cast and I'm interested to see what Betsy Wolfe brings to Jenna when she joins the cast.

coreman009
#102Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/7/17 at 12:18am

Has anyone tried the stage door in the last week or so? Does Sara Bareilles come out and if so, does she sign or talk at all? 

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#103Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/7/17 at 12:21am

Judging from Instagram, it looks like she signed after today's matinee.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#104Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/7/17 at 8:53am

I saw Sara Bareilles last weekend, and I think her terrific performance elevated the material a great deal. I enjoyed the show a lot more than when I saw it in previews last year. Watching and hearing her sing the hell out of her own songs was such a treat.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

kcsunshine1414
#105Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/8/17 at 12:06am

Was at the 5/6 matinee and Sara came out and signed, took pictures, and talked with a lot of people. She couldn't have been nicer to everyone and seemed like she wanted to stay out there!

VintageSnarker
#106Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/8/17 at 6:01pm

I'm terribly jealous. Is this one stage door where the performer is more likely to come out during matinees? 

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#107Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/8/17 at 6:48pm

I was stunned by the emotional depth of Sara's performance. She was a bit flat in the first few scenes but never terrible... just the kind of performance I expected from someone who isn't primarily an actor. However, as the show moved into emotional waters... she really knocked it out of the park.

I was not any kind of fan before the show... we were rushing to grab matinee tickets to SOMETHING minutes before curtain and Waitress was the closest theater. Haha. I'm really glad we wound up at Waitress and I think I'll be a hardcore fan of Sara Bareilles moving forward, as a singer/songwriter and an actor!

Jesus saves. I spend.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#108Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/8/17 at 7:06pm

Sara has released some lovely albums. I'm so glad she's getting the attention she deserves. I was also stunned by how natural she was as an actress. I thought she made Jenna very real -- perky and cheery in front of the customers, meek and miserable with her husband. There was a down to earth quality about her that I loved. And wow she can sing! Jessie Mueller has a lovely voice but I thought with Sara the songs really bloomed. She is actually better at Broadway belting than Jessie. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#109Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/8/17 at 8:20pm

poisonivy2 said: "She is actually better at Broadway belting than Jessie."

Has Jessie ever been considered a belter?!

KathyNYC2
#110Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/8/17 at 9:41pm

poisonivy2 said: "Sara has released some lovely albums. I'm so glad she's getting the attention she deserves. I was also stunned by how natural she was as an actress. I thought she made Jenna very real -- perky and cheery in front of the customers, meek and miserable with her husband. There was a down to earth quality about her that I loved. And wow she can sing! Jessie Mueller has a lovely voice but I thought with Sara the songs really bloomed. She is actually better at Broadway belting than Jessie. 

"

You should hear understudy Stephanie Torns as well  if you want to hear great belting.  

No i don't think Jessie is known for her belt voice. All the women approach the singling in this show in their own individual way. There is however something to be said for hearing the composer sing her own songs and then basically knock the role out of the park....both acting and singing. 

whizzerwhizzer Profile Photo
whizzerwhizzer
#111Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/8/17 at 10:49pm

On the night show on Easter Sara graciously came outside and signed every single persons playbill- in the rain! A stunning performance. I'm not sure how rare it is for her to stop and sign but she seemed like she was a pro at it. 

KathyNYC2
#112Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/9/17 at 12:23am

whizzerwhizzer said: "On the night show on Easter Sara graciously came outside and signed every single persons playbill- in the rain! A stunning performance. I'm not sure how rare it is for her to stop and sign but she seemed like she was a pro at it. 

"

She does not stop every day...especially if she's tired, or under the weather and needs rest. She's been non stop since for a couple of months....but then was sick and had to miss a show. She is trying to avoid that again for sure. But she has often posted on twitter alerting her fans that she won't be there that day, so they don't wait outside for her when she won't be signing.

Sherbear8081
#113Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/9/17 at 3:04pm

I'm sorry if this was already answered, but is there a place where I can find the dates that Sara will not be performing? 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#114Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/9/17 at 3:14pm

Sherbear8081 said: "I'm sorry if this was already answered, but is there a place where I can find the dates that Sara will not be performing? "

I don't think she has any scheduled absences, so until June 12 or whatever her last day is, she should be there.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#115Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/11/17 at 12:17am

I saw Sara again tonight. I had gone April 30 and didn't know that she was sick then. Tonight her voice was really roaring on all 8 cylinders and the whole evening had a livelier energy. Her acting if anything has gotten better -- she knows when to let the laugh lines sink in, she has such a likable persona about her, and really, she has the audience eating out of her hand. Christopher Fitzgerald was also back and he was wonderful.

FYI 30%-40% discounts are usually available Tuesdays and Wednesdays both on todaytix and TKTS. I sat in Row D -- great view.

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#116Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/12/17 at 10:58am

I saw Waitress again last night, Thursday, and I really enjoyed with Sara's performance. I'd seen it a few times with Jessie Mueller, who is a tremendous actress, so it took a minute to adjust to another person in the role. As others have said she's a bit sassier and overall I thought she brought a great spin to the role and didn't seem like someone acting professionally on stage for the first time. I think her scene partners, particularly Will Swenson, helped elevate her performance. He was a really excellent Earl, which is just a tough and thankless role but he brings a lot more personality. I'd gotten used to Drew Gehling as Dr. Pomatter but really enjoyed Chris Diamantopoulos' performance. He's quirkier but also somehow more grounded. 

Sara's voice is in sparkling form, she had great command of it and it was quite a thrill to see her sing the lovely score she penned. I'm a huge fan of her work so it's an experience I won't soon forget.

I noticed a few little tweaks to the script and ad libs being done by the three new actors in particular, all of which fit in great and aided character development. Also some different costumes (dresses) for Jenna's character in the second act which was interesting. Chris Fitzgerald continues to be a riot as Ogie and he's definitely playing around with ad libbing too. 

For those wondering about the stage door, I decided to hang around to see. Only Chris D and Will Swenson came out to sign. Sara did eventually come out but she just went up and down the line quickly, filming the crowd and giving some face time before heading out. No signing. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#117Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/12/17 at 12:38pm

I was hemming and hawing and finally splurged on a ticket to her closing performance on 6/11. I had seen Waitress with Jessie Mueller and loved the show... except for Mueller. (Nothing personal because I really enjoyed her performance in Beautiful, but her Jenna just was not doing it for me vocally.) Anyway, I am SO excited to get to see this again. Sara Bareilles is a flawless singer, as far as I'm concerned, so it should now be a perfect show for me. 

Needed to not-so-humble brag. :) 

GhostXmasPast
#118Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/12/17 at 12:53pm

Finally caught a Sara's performance last week - loved every second of it!  Would love to see her hang around Broadway from time to time - both as composer and performer. 

coreman009
#119Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/13/17 at 5:09am

Saw Waitress for the 2nd time this week (first time last year with Jessie Mueller). Sara Bareilles is SPECTACULAR. Of course her singing was top notch and better than Mueller's, that's no surprise. But also her acting was incredible. She's a naturally theatrical person and she fully embodied the role. Seeing Sara in Waitress brought a new level of authenticity to the entire show. And maybe it's unfair, but after seeing Sara Bareilles in this, I'm now kind of down on Jessie Mueller. When I saw her I thought she was solid but had some flaws, but to see someone completely out-do her, I'm disappointed Sara Bareilles hadn't been playing this role from the beginning. 

thebookofwhizzer Profile Photo
thebookofwhizzer
#120Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/13/17 at 9:17am

i'm seeing the show today at 2, and i'm assuming Sara will be on but does anyone know about Christopher Fitzgerald? i'm a huge fan of his and dying to see him in something. also it's supposed to rain, do you think anyone will stage door?

“6 AM. The sky glows. Somewhere a bird chirps. I want to shoot it.” ~ Jonathan Larson, Tick...Tick..BOOM

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#121Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/13/17 at 9:33am

I saw Waitress on Wed and Christopher Fitzgerald was in the show.

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#122Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/13/17 at 10:22am

Since comparisons are arising, in my opinion, Jessie Mueller is a more talented and natural actress than Sara Bareilles, but both are great in this role. Jessie does more acting while singing - for example her "She Used to Be Mine" isn't as clean as Sara's because she got deeper into Jenna's despair. They've just got different voices and styles. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

KathyNYC2
#123Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/13/17 at 2:25pm

I agree they have different styles that both work extremely well for the show. But I don't agree that Jessie is a better actress. More experienced perhaps but with that comes both pros and cons. Sara has an amazing ability to read and listen to each line and make those moments her own...and because she is new to this acting thing, she makes the most of every moment. I mean who knew? 

coreman009
#124Sara Bareilles in WAITRESS
Posted: 5/13/17 at 2:34pm

Yeah I don't at all agree that Jessie Mueller was a better actresss. I actually think she over-acted this role and her She Used To Be Mine was too over the top. Sara Bareilles brought simple authenticity to the song and to the role. 

Videos