#125GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 12:24am

In case no one saw it, Entertainment Weekly gave it a "C-"

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20364394_20543664,00.html

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#126GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 12:29am

I heard about it but can't find any originating comments about what happened.

'Cuz it probably didn't happen -- or at least not at the scale BS (appropriate initials) would like people to think.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#127GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 12:48am

Heh, well I assumed that much, I just wondered what the deal was. She squeed over them holding hands last night and 12 hours later she's getting into Twitter arguments badmouthing them. It seemed odd.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#128GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 1:23am

Anything unprofessional between Creel and Rennels is newsworthy.
The mind reels.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#129GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 2:32am

Gavin always gets the hottest Broadway boys. GODSPELL Reviews

iluvtheatertrash
#130GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 8:10am

How rude! Two gays holding hands at a musical!

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#131GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 8:40am

Hmm I'm curious about it now... I sat opposite them in the theatre, meaning I could see them, but I didn't see anything rude.

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#132GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 8:51am

Whatever they allegedly did in that theater was probably more entertaining than the show, or BroadwaySpotted wouldn't deem it worthy of mention.

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

krispy kreme
#133GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 1:44pm

It started with a tweet by Morgan James. She said they were mean and then Broadway Spotted picked up on it.....and it went on from there.

I saw the show last weekend. I enjoyed it. It was funny, energetic, and most of the voices are impressive: Telly, Lindsay, Uzo, Anna Maria... After reading this thread, I went in expecting a disaster, it turned out to be a fun night at the theatre. Shrug. That's my two cents.

labwyfan Profile Photo
labwyfan
#134GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 2:13pm

Finally saw it this weekend too...and...I LOVED IT!

Thought the updating to the music was fun and the cast incredible. For a musical staged in the round, they made fantastic use of the space. I felt the circle became part of the story. All the things I've heard complaints about (chicken dance, jacuzzi, line dance, etc.) seem trivial.

The switch to a much darker tone in Act 2 comes quick or seems to, but took me with it every step of the way. My favorite moment was BY MY SIDE. Took me my surprise and left me raw.

All in all, I was moved, surprised, inspired, and very happy I chose to see it. Go. You will not be disappointed.

Follies on the other hand...:)

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#135GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 2:15pm

BWW goes to camp!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

sundayclothes2
#136GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 3:27pm

Andrew and Gavin were "visibly bored" during the performance which pissed off Morgan James. But Gavin also got up once or twice which is pretty rude during opening night of a show in the round regardless of if he was bored....

Remember Gavin was originally announced to star in the production alongside Diana DeGarmo back when Adam Epstein was producing...
He should be happy he was saved from this turkey!

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#137GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 4:05pm

Heh... this makes me laugh. I can totally imagine them giggling and ****ing around during the show.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

PlayItAgain
#138GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 5:34pm

Word of Mouth Panel is mostly positive LMAO

http://www.broadway.com/shows/godspell/video/153774/word-of-mouth-review-godspell/

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#139GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 6:56pm

I wish BWW had a "LIKE" button. Is that Drama Mama doing the solo in the video from camp?

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#140GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 7:39pm

I don't know how I failed to notice that, but that does sound rude, especially considering they were sitting in the front row.

NPHCreel
#141GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 7:47pm

Sounds like Gavin Creel and Diana DeGarmo dodged a bullet by not re-committing to do this production because the problem doesn't seem to be with the cast as much as it is with the show itself.

voteforsaraberry Profile Photo
voteforsaraberry
#142GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 7:58pm

Ok, I honestly think that even though the show is getting bad reviews, it's still gonna be a really fun show to see. I'm seeing it in December, and I'm really excited!

Also, on the whole Gavin thing: I agree with everyone saying that his behavior was a little rude, but I feel like everything was blown WAY out of proportion.

elphaba.scares.me Profile Photo
elphaba.scares.me
#143GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 9:39pm

quick! can you spot the (biggest) error in this perez hilton piece?

http://perezhilton.com/2011-11-09-godspell-opens-on-broadway-to-awful-reviews

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#144GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 9:41pm

You mean his Freudian slip when discussing Broadway after already getting Schwartz right the first time his name came up? Yeah, I saw. I don't like the guy either, but seriously, jumping on every little thing only makes the rest of us look like nitpickers.

"There is no problem so big that it cannot be run away from." ~ Charles M. Schulz

elphaba.scares.me Profile Photo
elphaba.scares.me
#145GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/9/11 at 9:59pm

Freudian slip? Huh?

You're right, it's WAY too much to expect people to get details right in nationally-published media.

krispy kreme
#146GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/10/11 at 9:34am

I know Diana. She wasn't offered the role this time around. She was in the running though.

gvendo2005 Profile Photo
gvendo2005
#147GODSPELL Reviews
Posted: 11/10/11 at 9:57am

He already got it right the first time! What the hell is wrong with one typo considering the rest of the substance of the article is not affected by it? He says Schwartz's name correctly earlier in the article; people will self-correct. If they are too stupid to self-correct, then they need to go back to remedial English.

labwyfan Profile Photo
labwyfan
Posted: 11/10/11 at 2:42pm

Perez made an error that kinda puts his perspective in perspective.

USA Today is very positive.

New GODSPELL is cause to rejoice Updated On: 11/10/11 at 02:42 PM

Amanda15
Posted: 11/10/11 at 3:50pm

"I know Diana. She wasn't offered the role this time around. She was in the running though."

I'm glad she wasn't. I'm dying for her to originate a role but not in the trainwreck this is turning into. The cast is trying but the bad reviews are burying the show.

Videos