pixeltracker

The hardest you ever laughed..- Page 6

The hardest you ever laughed..

ragg_ballad
#125re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/8/08 at 3:32pm

Cried: Every time, Jersey Boys, "Fallen Angel". Even when I listen to the song at home, it gets me.

heatha1017 Profile Photo
heatha1017
#126re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/8/08 at 4:26pm

laughed: everything ad lib chris fitzgerald does in young frankenstein, especially when he went "It was me!!" saying that he should be hung and not frederick and he started like slowly dancing around and held on to roger bart. even roger started laughing. it was hilarious!

cried:
-james barbour singing "I Can't Recall"
-the finale of a tale of two cities when the whole cast is singing "I can't recall" when james barbour says, "It's a far, far better thing I do than I have ever done. It's a far, far better rest I go to than I have ever known." I was balling my eyes out. I am going to miss that show re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.

singdancemomma Profile Photo
singdancemomma
#127re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/8/08 at 11:43pm

Hardest I ever laughted...

Legally Blonde...KYLE walks in and delivers his first line, "I've got a package"...perfect walk, perfect music, perfect line, perfect delivery

didn't know it was coming...had no idea about the show...had so much fun.

Nicholas Clar
#128re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/9/08 at 12:02am

Avenue Q.... I about died. I hadn't herd much about it. I knew it was kinda raunchy but I thought it was like 3rd grade raunchy. I was so close to peeing my pants. re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#129re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/9/08 at 12:10am

I saw Noises Off at a high school about two weeks ago, and the second act was pure brilliance.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

bwayboy976
#130re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/9/08 at 1:15am

spelling bee...definitely.

it was hilarious!!

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#131re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/9/08 at 5:07am

The first time I ever saw Noises Off. It was at a high school, and the kids were all comedic geniuses and I was howling and clutching my side and gasping for air all night long.

Megan Hilty in Wicked used to be really funny too, but she just got SO over the top during her LA run that it stopped being funny and started to be annoying.

When I saw the Producers with Jason Alexander and Martin Short, there were a few improv'd lines during this one scene that were hysterical, but I don't remember what they were about except some kind of pop culture reference.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#132re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/9/08 at 10:51am

Legally Blonde...KYLE walks in and delivers his first line, "I've got a package"...perfect walk, perfect music, perfect line, perfect delivery

I'll second that, but more like hardest I ever giggled. Every time, every time.

One Song Glory
#133re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/9/08 at 11:30am

I agree with The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, funniest show I've ever seen.

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.

Dollypop
#134re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/9/08 at 12:56pm

This was actually in a theater LOBBY:

I was at the Encores! production of THE PAJAMA GAME and I roared with laughter while watching Corine try to pick up men during intermission. Heck, it was an Encores! production. Do you know how many straight men were in attendance? that didn't stop Corine.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

postergirl
#135re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/9/08 at 2:26pm

Either you and Corine are friends and this is some playful banter between you, or this is the toolish comment of a sad old woman.

LindyLee
#136re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/9/08 at 4:20pm

The first time we saw Wicked and Norbert Leo Butz came out on the stage at the part where you think he's become one of the guards. He slipped on the floor and fell and he and Kristen Chenowerth just cracked up. KC deadpanned a crack about his grace out to the audience, and they bantered back and forth for a couple of lines. The audience was howling...then, they got back into character and continued on. It still makes me smile thinking of it! Also, David Hyde Pierce was so funny in Spamalot.

LotteTBS138 Profile Photo
LotteTBS138
#137re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/9/08 at 7:52pm

For me either Spamalot, Avenue Q or Forbidden Broadway... the last time I saw FB: Dancing w/the stars, I had the bright idea to get a drink or 3 at the pub right by there before the show. Man, I nearly puked my drinks out laughing!

With Spamalot and Avenue Q, it was mainly certain points in the show.. I still remember the "we'll be shot by Michael Moore!" and the entire Schubert nearly exploded laughing!

I once heard someone describe her (Ruthie Henshall) singing as sounding as though she's trying to swallow a whole meatball slightly larger than her windpipe. (The same person compared Michael Ball's singing to sounding as though he's sitting on a washing machine on spin cycle and Colm Wilkinson's to a man with a paralyzed lip trying to eat cottage cheese.) --- Schmerg_The_Impaler

heo1128
#138re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/10/08 at 4:11am

Laughed: Wicked in Chicago-Annaleigh during Popular...1. she fell off of the bed 2. would not stop hamming it up until she got Dee Roscioli to laugh, which she did.

Cried: Spring Awakening-Left Behind. So sad. Throughout my high school days, there were several suicides...so incredibly painful.

lovepigeon Profile Photo
lovepigeon
#139re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/10/08 at 6:08am

Laughed:
The Drowsy Chaperone. The first time I saw it, the line, 'Who are you? Who am I? And why is this cake on fire?' had me laughing so hard and for so long I gave myself tinnitus and essentially missed about twenty minutes of the show. The whole 'Show Off' sequence made me piss my trews too.

Cried:
Billy Elliot. Those bloody letters... my heartstrings have never been yanked with such brutality. It wasn't even misty-eyed sniffles either; I was like one of those bereaved middle-eastern mothers you see wailing at funerals on the news.

dburns08
#140re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/10/08 at 12:27pm

I laughed to tears in "Is He Dead?" I was very bummed that their success wasnt reflected at the Tonys (or the noms for that matter).

geekgirl06 Profile Photo
geekgirl06
#141re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/10/08 at 2:03pm

Laughed - My college's production of Play On! Yeah, it helped I was in it, but to this day I can watch a recording of it and still laugh like it's the first time. It's just SO FUNNY! Or even the recent production I saw of Speech and Debate... oh man, that was FUNNY!

Cried - The first time I saw [title of show]. It was the matinee on closing day, and I already had tix to closing night, but finally seeing this show that I have been in love with for so long and realizing that it was closing so soon just made me a wreck. I was crying the whole show.

Dancing through life... For the next ten minutes

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#142re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/10/08 at 2:11pm

Is He Dead? - Norbert Leo Butz
November - Nathan Lane
Boeing Boeing

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#143re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/10/08 at 2:19pm

I think the first time I saw the Producers and Carmen Ghia told the boys to "walk this way" and Matthew Broderick did some kind of weird walk across the stage. I laughed so hard I couldn't see for a few minutes for the tears in my eyes.

As far as consistent laughing throughout a show, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels was a riot and between the book and the lyrics, had me continually cracking up. Specific scene was during Ruphrect, Norbert licked John's face and then tried to hump him and then played with his tie and tried to get John to crack up. Great stuff!!!!

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

howardbf Profile Photo
howardbf
#144re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/10/08 at 7:38pm

Long time ago, at a show called Twilight of the Golds. The mother was blaming herself for her son turning out to be gay by stating (paraphrasing) that when he was little, "maybe if I hadn't taken your temperature "there". "
I laughed so hard I almost fell out of the Mezzanine. The audience laughed for about 5 minutes.

I rarely cry, but I misted up several times during Billy Elliot.

broadwaygirl99 Profile Photo
broadwaygirl99
#145re: The hardest you ever laughed/cried.
Posted: 11/10/08 at 9:54pm

Cried: I second that Heatha, that finally is just the sadest thing. =( Also in Tale when James sings "Let Her Be A Child" just brought me to tears. I will miss that show soooo much! I also cried quite a lot in Next to Normal. I also cried in Phantom at the end and at Wicked during "For Good". The last time I saw Beauty and the Beast the pre-transformation scene made me cry.

Laughed: In Spamalot, Rick Holmes was doing the ad-libs in the Knights who say Ni scene and he did this barking for about 10 minutes straight! It was sooo funny! Everyone in the cast was in tears laughing so hard. Also in Spam Rick said something, I forget what it was but Tom Deckman started to laugh so much that he was all red and he was covering his face with his tamborene. I also laughed a lot in Spam whenever Chris Sieber was onstage. In Young Frankenstein when Chris Fitzgerald sits down with Roger Bart after he puts the brain in and Chris does all his little leg movements while sitting in the chair. Hillarious!
Also when Tom makes his faces in the tower as Herbert. I love him!
Updated On: 11/10/08 at 09:54 PM

Videos