pixeltracker

The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here- Page 7

The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here

Mrtrobz
#150The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:44pm

That was great, the best of the NBC shows. Hope the ratings are good it deserves it. Shanice's performance sold me in the end, entire cast were pretty great. :)

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#151The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:44pm

Wow, I have very little recollection of seeing Uzo is that travesty of a Godspell revival. 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#152The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:45pm

Should we assume Shanice will reprise the role on Broadway??

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#153The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:45pm

Tony and Grammy winner and someone I know, Stephen Oremus is the best orchestrator, conductor, and arranger we have.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

fbueller
#154The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:46pm

The ending seemed....abrupt.  I was thinking there was going to be another scene when coming back from the commercial break. 

musicaltheatreman2
#155The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:47pm

WOW WOW WOW!!!! 

Uzo's believe in yourself was amazing!!!! And home sounded amazing to!!!

i want hear Uzo sing rested body now!!!

Updated On: 12/3/15 at 10:47 PM

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#156The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:48pm

I predict the 4 leads all go to Broadway. 

jimmycurry01
#157The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:49pm

I really enjoyed it. The camera work was the only major disappointment for me. The camera wirk seemed to be similar to that of The Voice or some other lame TV talent contest. It deserved to be filmed better.

I am so glad that they didn't really sick to the dream motif too strictly.

KathyNYC2
#158The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:49pm

My own personal pet peeve..no credits for the musicians..that's just sad. Everyone else listed but them...humph.

AEA AGMA SM
#159The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:50pm

I don't think the problem with sound had anything to do with Stephen Oremus's work, it would have been who ever is mixing the broadcast.

jimmycurry01
#160The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:50pm

Musicaljen missed out on something quite good.

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#161The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:52pm

Well... This is indeed a VAST improvement over the previous two live productions NBC has thrown for us. There is not a Carrie Underwood or Christopher Walken performance in the entire show, everyone has been wonderfully cast who can act and sing. I can't wait to see if Shanice will reprise her role as Dorothy for the upcoming Broadway revival and what other changes they will do from small screen to stage.

fbueller
#162The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:53pm

"My own personal pet peeve..no credits for the musicians..that's just sad. Everyone else listed but them...humph"

Post of the night!

fbueller
#163The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:53pm

Has Diana Ross commented?

Updated On: 12/3/15 at 10:53 PM

musicaltheatreman2
#164The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:57pm

I wish Uzo had more to do! she was perfect in the part and sounded amazing!!!! I wanted more of her!!!!

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#165The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:57pm

Calling a live television show is difficult. Specially with twele cameras. The reason The Sound of Music's camera work was so good, they had Beth McCarthey as Television director. She directed SNL for I thin 12 years and was well versed in calling live TV.  Not sure what these last two TV directors have done but since there is really NO live TV I don't think their backgrounds are as extensive as Beth's

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#166The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:58pm

It wasn't perfect, but to me, it was very fun. And truthfully, sometimes I enjoy a show that isn't deep and makes you contemplate everything. Sometimes you just want the fun and pretty colors.

behindthescenes2
#167The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 11:00pm

Overall it was a bore.  In the hands of a Michael Bennett or Jack O'Brien or Casy Nicholaw - it would be crackled and sizzled like the Sun - the reality was more like an eclipsed Moon.  The music challenged the vocal ranges of all the singers, especially The Wiz - no belters here and no excitement in the vocals.  Nice set, beautiful costumes, awkward staging and they were challenged in acting - blunt, not quick and heavy like a boulder - David Alan Grier gave the best performance - the wigs and facial hair - not great design - lots of glue could be seen and there was no real design per se - no thought and/or fit to the individual wearing them. It was not as bad as Sound of Music, but was equal to it in the direction and acting and transitions.  It didn't do the musical justice and the new "updated" dialogue.,and I paraphrase:.."you think you are  Eddie Murphy" if that is the best Harvey can do he needs to pack up his own ruby slippers and walk the walk of shame back home.

Up In One Profile Photo
Up In One
#168The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 11:00pm

What an awful script and such unimaginative staging. That needed more than "new writing" . I was hopeful a fresh look at the material would produce something interesting but I found it pretty dull except for Stephanie Mills Aunt Em.

Up In One

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#169The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 11:05pm

Musical Master said: "There is not a Carrie Underwood or Christopher Walken performance in the entire show, everyone has been wonderfully cast who can act and sing."

I think Common was the weakest actor of the night.

behindthescenes2, how can you say that about the vocals?? Some of this singing was fantastic.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#170The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 11:08pm

The insanely tight camera work and bland design came so close to destroying the whole thing, but the performances were strong enough to shine through. Really wonderful company. Across the board, great work. I hope to see this cast on Broadway, but I hope the producers take a good look at what makes this different from doing an MGM-based Wizard of Oz in aesthetic terms. The costumes were mostly good. Fierstein's script was really disastrous. Self-indulgent psychoguessing on one hand and dated this-is-black-right? references on the other. That Eddie Murphy reference...God. I enjoyed it by sheer force of the wonderful cast. They really worked hard, and it really paid off. 

Updated On: 12/3/15 at 11:08 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#171The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 11:09pm

Sucks we have to wait a week for the soundtrack. 

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#172The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 11:10pm

At the end of the broadcast they said it was now available?

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#173The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 11:11pm

Scarywarhol said: "At the end of the broadcast they said it was now available?"

I was super confused about that.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#174The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 11:11pm

Only the single of HOME is available. Would have made much more sense to release the full soundtrack tonight with all of the momentum. 

Videos