News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here- Page 5

The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here

musicaltheatreman2
#100The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:56pm

I am going to say spoiler in regards to the wiz being a man or women, but they said what the wiz is in the making of special so I am not really giving anything away 

In the making of the wiz special they said the the wiz is a women pretending to be a man. They discover this after they kill the witch. 

Updated On: 12/3/15 at 09:56 PM

Mrtrobz
#101The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:56pm

Blidge looks amazing! Her voice, vocals and movements are great too I just wish she'd use more facial expression. Aside from that she is killing it in a good way! The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#102The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:57pm

pre thing to be one? Do you mean pretending?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#103The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 9:58pm

Common's costume is adorbs. 

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#104The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:00pm

Started with some ROUGH scenes and tehnical production, and the sets are aesthetically wimpy. And the updated book is actually MORE hokey and obviously out-of-touch (these references), and I'm not sold on any of the thematic stuff being shoehorned in.

But. The cast is EXCELLENT, and they are killing it. It has gotten a lot better as it goes along. Every actor who comes on is bringing it. Was skepitcal about Mary J. Blige, but she owned her big scene and number just now. And she made me laugh sincerely for the first time tonight. 

Updated On: 12/3/15 at 10:00 PM

fbueller
#105The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here

This cast is killing it!  Great performances all around!  Has the total production cost been reported?

MadAboutTheBoy Profile Photo
MadAboutTheBoy
#106The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here

Mary killed it. I was worried about her acting but she was really good. Funny, beautiful, and scary. Loved it.

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#107The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here

Am I the only one a bit let down by David Alan Grier? He can be such an animated character actor, but I feel like the costume and makeup is literally weighing him down tonight.

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

bandit964 Profile Photo
bandit964
#108The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:01pm

im watching a little behind, but this emerald city scene is evvverryyytthinggg.   really well done. tight.

Updated On: 12/3/15 at 10:01 PM

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#109The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:03pm

Good lord how many commercial breaks do you guys have there? It feels like they every 5 mins

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

fbueller
#110The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:05pm

"Am I the only one a bit let down by David Alan Grier? He can be such an animated character actor, but I feel like the costume and makeup is literally weighing him down tonight."

Actually, yes...

Updated On: 12/3/15 at 10:05 PM

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#111The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:07pm

Interesting they changed the costumes fro "Brand New Day."

finebydesign
#112The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:08pm

Speaking of the book, did the original use "representin' " ?  I feel like I've heard it a few times. 

PS.. Could Shanice play Eartha Kitt?

fbueller
#113The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:09pm

"Brand New Day" was everything!!!!  The highlight of the show.  

I would love to know what is happening behind the scenes to keep the energy level up.  

ARTc3
#114The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:09pm

The cast is good. The tech sucks: camera, sound, etc. The lack of a live audience is making it flat. Harvey's script is awful. Cirque is underwhelming... but, that last number was great.

It really is a mixed bag.

ARTc3 formerly ARTc. Actually been a poster since 2004. My name isn't Art. Drop the "3" and say the signature and you'll understand.

finebydesign
#115The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:10pm

Now I know why Shanice wasn't in yellow!  Awe I liked the costume change in Brand New Day, just not the costumes.  

jimmycurry01
#116The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:10pm

I am very impressed with this cast. They rock! 

ARTc3
#117The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:11pm

The costumes are mostly good. There are some mistakes, but a lot of it is interesting.

ARTc3 formerly ARTc. Actually been a poster since 2004. My name isn't Art. Drop the "3" and say the signature and you'll understand.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#118The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:11pm

Shanice's eyes are magical. So many actors act, but their eyes are dead. (Christopher Walken for one).

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

CurtainsUpat8 Profile Photo
CurtainsUpat8
#119The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:12pm

I thought the energy of Brand New Day was great.  The choreography was really awful. 

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#120The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:12pm

I'm not having any sound problems, but the camera work is driving me crazy. They have a full stage of dancers and they keep zooming in on just a couple at a time.  Give us the full stage shots!

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

LoveMusic2
#121The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:13pm

I love most of the singing.  Amber Riley killed the song and I loved hearing Stephanie Mills again.  Neo was awesome in If I Could Feel and I loved Mary J.  The Can You Feel A Brand New Day scene was great.  I'm glad they stayed true to the original factory-looking scene.  I do love the dancing from The Wiz from Diana Ross's version however.  

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#122The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:15pm

How did I never know until tonight that Luther Vandross wrote "Brand New Day"?

Nefertiti
#123The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:16pm

I turned off about 30 minutes ago after we became bored. Not sure if the problem were the commercials, but then again we had commercials last year. My kids hated it.

Good set of performers and very energetic, tough the problem is definitely the piece. Except for ease on down the road the music leave something to be desired.

musicaltheatreman2
#124The WIZ LIVE : post your comments and thoughts live during the show here
Posted: 12/3/15 at 10:17pm

I am loving this, but I hope when it comes to Broadway the choreography is pumped  up! So many missed opportunities for amazing dance numbers!  

Videos