pixeltracker

SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.- Page 7

SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.

Listener
#150SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/24/24 at 2:44pm

There's an audio of that final Crawford Bway performance. I don't remember him sounding sick in it.

The Lady's Paying was always kind of a disaster number, LOL. How could they possibly hsbe made it worse?

I'm curious about the actual experience of sitting there and seeing Sarah endure the poking and prodding (and lyrics) of Eternal Youth Is Worth A Little Suffering, given how much work she's undergone irl to maintain her image.

Disappointed to hear she's singing it all gently. Is her performance ferocious at all, ever, or is this a painfully obvious vanity project?

I wonder if there's any chance this set might come to Toronto for a stint? I wonder who would play Norma?

Listener
#151SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/24/24 at 2:46pm

Delete

Updated On: 5/24/24 at 02:46 PM

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#152SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/24/24 at 3:29pm

Listener said: "There's an audio of that final Crawford Bway performance. I don't remember him sounding sick in it.
"

Dont' know what to tell you but I also have that audio and it is hard to judge much of anything from someone in the audience using a tape recorder from 1988 where certain songs are actually distorted. Too bad I couldn't show you a picture of the runny nose.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.
Updated On: 5/24/24 at 03:29 PM

Listener
#153SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/24/24 at 4:08pm

Hahaha - touche!

I wasn't doubting you, just expressing surprise. Wish I could have been there with you. His speech afterwards was really moving. That one lady shouting "You're Perfection!" was speaking the truth.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#154SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/24/24 at 4:48pm

Listener said: "Hahaha - touche!

I wasn't doubting you, just expressing surprise. Wish I could have been there with you. His speech afterwards was really moving. That one lady shouting "You're Perfection!" was speaking the truth.
"

I think the lady that said that was also the one doing the recording as that comes through loud and clear. :) Maybe its just me and knowing he was sick but when he is speaking at the curtain call I can hear it in his voice.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

poto19882023 Profile Photo
poto19882023
#155SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/24/24 at 7:57pm

I will echo those who have pointed out that these audio clips that are circulating are NOT “everywhere” and also need much help in getting pointed in the proper direction pretty please haha

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#156SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/24/24 at 10:03pm

Yes, ‘Suffering’ was quite uncomfortable. They roll Norma in on trolley and spin her around a lot, but you can’t really tell whether it’s actually her or just a dummy, so when she climbs off at the start of the next scene you almost feel sorry for Sarah having to sit through it.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#157SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/24/24 at 10:28pm

poto19882023 said: "I will echo those who have pointed out that these audio clips that are circulating are NOT “everywhere” and also need much help in getting pointed in the proper direction pretty please haha"

For the record, these aren’t clips, it’s the entire show from pre-show announcement to post-curtain call exit music. 

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#158SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 2:38am

as others echoed - I’m not on the social media tik tok, Facebook, x , where ever I can’t find. 

And does she have a dead monkey?!? 

@brody you saying you’ve heard the entire show without hinting where anyone else can , it’s kinda a d*ck thing to post.  

BrodyFosse123 said: "poto19882023 said: "I will echo those who have pointed out that these audio clips that are circulating are NOT “everywhere” and also need much help in getting pointed in the proper direction pretty please haha"

For the record, these aren’t clips, it’s the entire show from pre-show announcement to post-curtain call exit music.
"

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#159SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 4:53am

There's a sort of altar with candles and a dark mass but it's not clear at all what it is, if you didn't already know the details of the story you would be very confused, especially when the undertaker finally appears. But I'd consider that, and most of the production's flaws, to be due to weaknesses in the writing that every director has to fight with.

MusicalsLive
#160SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 5:44am

BrodyFosse123 said: "poto19882023 said: "I will echo those who have pointed out that these audio clips that are circulating are NOT “everywhere” and also need much help in getting pointed in the proper direction pretty please haha"

"

Thanks, but where can we found it? ;-)

123musicalfan
#161SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 5:59am

"

I'd also like to know where it can be found. It's been a while, and the only places I know of, youtube/etc do not seem to have it. 

poto19882023 Profile Photo
poto19882023
#162SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 8:50am

Well if anybody who does know where to find this audio would be willing to send me a message that would be amazing but it’s starting to seem like those in the know have no intention of letting people know where to hear it, despite the fact they continue talking about it.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#163SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 8:56am

poto19882023 said: "Well if anybody who does know where to find this audio would be willing to send me a message that would be amazing but it’s starting to seem like those in the know have no intention of letting people know where to hear it, despite the fact they continue talking about it."

It was given to me but have no idea where you can find it online. 

Updated On: 5/25/24 at 08:56 AM

Listener
#164SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 9:02am

Ditto! I'm eager to hear something, as I'm unlikely to see this production. Anyone who feels like being nice, its appreciated!

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#165SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 9:04am

Listened to the audio floating around, and I have to say Brightman sounded better than I expected her to from ready the comments here. However, she does sound like what I would expect her to sound like (if that makes any sense). I wish she had a bit more force behind her voice, but she sounds lovely I thought.

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#166SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 10:06am

chewy5000 said: "But I'd consider that, and most of the production's flaws, to be due to weaknesses in the writing that every director has to fight with."

It seems to me like the director just needs to put a stuffed monkey there for Norma to pick up at some point. It's meant to be a surprise for the audience when they find out Norma is mourning for a monkey, so it's not like the lyrics of "Surrender" should make it clear.

Ensemble1716440075
#167SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 10:15am

The lyrics are bizarre as it is if she's mourning a monkey.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#168SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 11:42am

For those asking for a “link” or website to access the full show audio, unfortunately it’s not online. It’s currently being shared privately with strict instructions on it not being posted anywhere. Sorry if we’re being d**ks about it but we respect the source’s request to not share/post it online. 

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#169SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 11:56am

BrodyFosse123 said: "For those asking for a “link” or website to access the full show audio, unfortunately it’s not online. It’s currently being shared privately with strict instructions on it not being posted anywhere. Sorry if we’re being d**ks about it but we respect the source’s request to not share/post it online."

That makes sense - it's frustrating when we have some folks claiming 'it's everywhere' when it is clearly not. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#170SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 1:10pm

Updated On: 5/25/24 at 01:10 PM

MusicalsLive
#171SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 1:16pm

FANtomFollies said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "For those asking for a “link” or website to access the full show audio, unfortunately it’s not online. It’s currently being shared privately with strict instructions on it not being posted anywhere. Sorry if we’re being d**ks about it but we respect the source’s request to not share/post it online."

That makes sense -it's frustrating when we have some folks claiming 'it's everywhere' when it is clearly not.
"

We won't share it online or publicly. We ar just eager to hear som. PM us ;-) Glad for you that you heard it already, hopefully we are hearing it soon too. ;-)

Ensemble1716440075
#172SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 2:10pm

Inevitably someone will post something. Be patient.

AlexWesthof
#173SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 6:45pm

This sounds very interesting.. Can you tell us what version of “With One Look” she sings? Like Patti Lupone or with the key change down at the end like Glen Close? I’ve been checking the forums every day to find audio recordings. I hope someone can help me

Ensemble1716440075
#174SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
Posted: 5/25/24 at 6:55pm

I'd be surprised that she didn't sing it this way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOQ4H6kjL0Q

Granted, this was recorded like 20 years ago or so.

Videos