pixeltracker

Way too early 2016 Tony predictions- Page 8

Way too early 2016 Tony predictions

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#175Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 1/30/16 at 11:59pm

Ecstatic to see Annaleigh on so many peoples lists. The physicality she exhibited and research she did for the role alone should be recognized. I don't think she'll win (Lange and Nyong'o are tough to compete with) but I definitely think she deserves to be nominated. Of course I'm very very biased, but still glad to see others include her.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

ChiTheaterFan
#176Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 1/31/16 at 12:50am

I thought she was joyous. I went in having read some pretty mixed reviews but I'm a dog lover so I thought at the very least I'd enjoy it a little bit. I absolutely loved the play because of her, and she reminded me so much of my dog. (I mean that as a compliment of course.)

*****SPOILER***** (well, it's closed, so I guess it's not a big deal but still...) I wasn't expecting to sob like a baby at Sylvia. Why does every damned play/movie/book about a dog have to end with the dog dying?  And what does it say about me that I cry waaaaaaaay more than when people die? Fortunately, my dog is immortal. Or he'd better be...

BroadwayNYC25 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC25
#177Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 2/21/16 at 3:32pm

the color purple will win everything

BroadwayNYC25 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC25
#178Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 2/21/16 at 3:39pm

Correction for everyone who is saying JHUD will win featured, i think danielle brooks should win, her role is way more deserving. 

Also, Cynthia is practically a shoe-in for leading actress. There is no chance that she won't wi 

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#179Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 2/21/16 at 3:40pm

After seeing Hilty in Noises Off, I think she might win the Tony this year.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#180Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 2/21/16 at 3:43pm

We all know the show currently at the Richard Rodgers will be nominated for show and score and a ton of others and will win. Fiddler may finally get Burstein a Tony plus it should get a few more nominations.

Ashford should get nod for Sylvia and Raquin should score a few as well. Arianda may get one for Fool as may the show for revival as well.Journey should be in the mix along with The Crucible and Bridge. There is an embarrassment of riches in this Catagory with a number of great choices.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 2/21/16 at 03:43 PM

woeisme3
#181Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 2/21/16 at 4:02pm

I think Noises Off will probably take the last play revival spot over Fool for Love.

hork Profile Photo
hork
#182Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 2/21/16 at 4:13pm

So we're counting on an Amazing Grace sweep, right?

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#183Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 2/21/16 at 4:15pm

A dark horse that will sweep the Tonys indeed.

Poster Emeritus

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#184Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 2/21/16 at 4:35pm

Best Musical
What’s In:

Hamilton

Safe Bets:
On Your Feet!
School of Rock

Lookout For:
American Psycho
Bright Star
Tuck Everlasting
Waitress

Longshots:
Allegiance
Amazing Grace
Disaster!
Nerds

Best Play
What’s In:

Eclipsed

Thr Humans

King Charles III

What Could Sneak In:
An Act of God

Lookout For:
The Father

Longshots:
China Doll
Misery
Our Mother’s Brief Affair
Therese Raquin

Best Revival of a Musical
What’s In:

The Color Purple
Fiddler on the Roof

Safe Bet:
She Loves Me

What Could Sneak In:
Spring Awakening

Longshot:
Dames at Sea

Best Revival of a Play
What’s In:

Blackbird
Noises Off
A View from the Bridge

What Could Sneak In:
Fool for Love
The Gin Game

Lookout For:
The Crucible
Long Day’s Journey Into Night

Longshots:
Fully Committed
Hughie
Old Times
Sylvia

Updated On: 2/21/16 at 04:35 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#185Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 3/1/16 at 12:02am

I know we haven't seen the full tuck everlasting set, but from what the Instagram account has shown I think tuck might win for scenic design.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#186Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 3/1/16 at 9:01am

Just everyone can see for themselves. It looks pretty remarkable. https://instagram.com/p/BCTLvIQtqRR/

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#187Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 3/1/16 at 10:32am

Is Blackbird officially a revival?

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

smidge
#188Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 3/1/16 at 11:20am

Jeffrey's list looks pretty good until we get a decision on Shuffle Along. Not sure about Blackbird's placement either . Those wacky Tony voters could do anything. 

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#189Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 3/1/16 at 11:25am

I am fairly confident that Blackbird will be ruled a new play.

KCW Profile Photo
KCW
#190Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 3/1/16 at 3:55pm

To me, tuck looks like a bunch of warped plywood draped together. Ugly and lacking color. 

I appoligise for any spelling mistakes. I may be on my mobile. Clumsy fingers and small little touchscreen keys don't mixx. I try to spellcheck, but I may miss something.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#191Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 3/1/16 at 4:06pm

KCW said: "To me, tuck looks like a bunch of warped plywood draped together. Ugly and lacking color."

Probably because that's literally what it is right now. It's in development. It looks remarkable at this stage and I'm interested in what it looks like as a final product.

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#192Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 3/1/16 at 4:18pm

Holy crap that Tuck set looks like it is going to be gorgeous.

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#193Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 3/8/16 at 9:53pm

Now that we have had a few more musicals/plays open (Eclipsed, Disaster!, Hughie, etc.) does anyones nomination predictions change?

BroadwayConcierge
#194Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 3/8/16 at 9:56pm

If Hughie gets any Tony nods, it would be for Scenic Design of a Play. Otherwise, I don't consider it a contender for anything.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#195Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 3/8/16 at 9:58pm

I think Eclipsed is gonna be a strong contender come Tony season. I think Disaster! isn't gonna be much of a contender at all.

BroadwayConcierge
#196Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 3/8/16 at 10:07pm

The only thing Disaster! might possibly see is a Featured Actress nod for Jennifer Simard—but that category is already pretty packed, so I wouldn't place any bets on that just yet.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#197Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 3/8/16 at 10:21pm

Yes. Luckily, the Tony nominating committee has pretty discriminating tastes and camp isn't their usual cup of tea.  Rachel York (ironically also in Disaster!) gave a similar "scene stealing" performance in VICTOR / VICTORIA that many thought was a shoe in to win the supporting Tony that year, bur the nominating committee so hated the show itself, she wasn't even nominated.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#198Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 3/9/16 at 12:23am

bjh2114 said: "I am fairly confident that Blackbird will be ruled a new play.

"

Hedwig was ruled a revival. No reason Blackbird should be a new play. It's been going around for what... 7 years? Contradictory to my own point, The Visit was floating around for 11+ years...

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#199Way too early 2016 Tony predictions
Posted: 3/9/16 at 12:38am

The Visit had a long road to Broadway. It was constantly developing in those years and it never played New York.

Videos