pixeltracker

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018- Page 8

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#175FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/27/16 at 9:13am

gypsy101 said: "theatreguy12 said: "Probably one of very few to voice dissent but I was underwhelmed with the movie. I think my expectations were too high after hearing the reviews. It was good but, imo, not the phenomenon it has become. Might be interesting to see how they capture the effects on stage though. That would be about it for me."

You aren't one of very few, most people I know either hated the movie or hate what it became because of pop culture. I liked it but didn't love it (I still think Menken should have written the score even though I like the songs, I don't love them) and actually thought Tangled was a better film so my thought was "why is this a smash hit and Tangled was only a modest success?" oh well I guess
"

The power it gave little girls and women.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#176FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/27/16 at 9:17am

Wolfe

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#177FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/27/16 at 9:36am

rodrigo_ca said: "They should cut Olaf, but merch.

Frozen would be another movie (for the best) if there wasn't this character dragging the movie down. I can't remember any scene where he is actually useful to the story. Plus, without him on the show, we would have one less song, and therefore, more space for an epic finale, a decent duet between Anna and Elsa, a quartet between Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Hans (he will be twisted to a "I'm a misunderstood kinda of guy, I just wanted to be recognized for once, so sorry", I guarantee it).

Sven could make it to the show, since Kristoff voices him, anyway. But cut or make Reindeers are better than people useful. Not that waste of an actor Jonathan Groff we saw on the movie. (really? he should have a whole "abandoned, miserable and alone" ballad).

"

I do agree with you here.

-Olaf isn't that bad of a character, just very undeveloped. Most of his lines were just one-liners and catchphrases, which I even noticed the first time I saw it. He does have a meaning, which is love and the relationship between Anna and Elsa, but he needs to be fleshed out.

-Hans was the misunderstood, I'm doing this for attention character in the movie. He even said that in the reveal. Hopefully, he'll be more developed as the villain. I think Santino was the huge waste here. It is fantastic that he's a Disney prince, but I wanted him in a prince part where he'll be seen as Prince Philip, Naveen, Eric etc., not as a villain. Not to mention that they didn't use his "Cinderella" voice in the movie. I hope they reuse him as a good Disney Prince.

-I think they did a good job with Jonathan, but yeah they should have given him a real song (This was a joke to a deleted version of Jonathan's song-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh5ShIPHZOg)

gypsy101 said: "theatreguy12 said: "Probably one of very few to voice dissent but I was underwhelmed with the movie. I think my expectations were too high after hearing the reviews. It was good but, imo, not the phenomenon it has become. Might be interesting to see how they capture the effects on stage though. That would be about it for me."

You aren't one of very few, most people I know either hated the movie or hate what it became because of pop culture. I liked it but didn't love it (I still think Menken should have written the score even though I like the songs, I don't love them) and actually thought Tangled was a better film so my thought was "why is this a smash hit and Tangled was only a modest success?" oh well I guess

"

I love love Frozen, but I do hate how Disney is exploiting it and pushing most of the WDAS movies aside for it. I mean, PATF & WiR have nothing while Frozen has this, a theme park ride, a theme park section in Tokyo, a sequel, the list goes on. I wouldn't say that Tangled was a modest success. It's getting a TV show that has LOTS of Broadway people in it, along with Big Hero 6.

ClapYo'Hands said: "LightsOut90 said: "Betsy is attached."

Joslyn?"

Wolfe.

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#178FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/27/16 at 9:55am

The power it gave little girls and women.

If you watch the movie closely, though, you notice that the power it gives is the power to ditch your responsibilities and run away when you're under pressure.  Not the greatest message.

I liked the movie OK, but the logic behind some of the plot is seriously flawed and doesn't hold up under scrutiny.  And I agree that some worthier movies, like Wreck-It-Ralph, have gotten shafted due to Frozen's popularity. It's a shame.

rodrigo_ca
#179FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/27/16 at 6:53pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "rodrigo_ca said: "Not that waste of an actor Jonathan Groff we saw on the movie. (really? he should have a whole "abandoned, miserable and alone" ballad)."

Rodrigo, why are you so sad?
"

I laughed out loud HAHAHA You... I like you!

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "I do agree with you here.

-Olaf isn't that bad of a character, just very undeveloped. Most of his lines were just one-liners and catchphrases, which I even noticed the first time I saw it. He does have a meaning, which is love and the relationship between Anna and Elsa, but he needs to be fleshed out."

YES. Thank you.

"-Hans was the misunderstood, I'm doing this for attention character in the movie. He even said that in the reveal. Hopefully, he'll be more developed as the villain. I think Santino was the huge waste here. It is fantastic that he's a Disney prince, but I wanted him in a prince part where he'll be seen as Prince Philip, Naveen, Eric etc., not as a villain. Not to mention that they didn't use his "Cinderella" voice in the movie. I hope they reuse him as a good Disney Prince.

-I think they did a good job with Jonathan, but yeah they should have given him a real song (This was a joke to a deleted version of Jonathan's song-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh5ShIPHZOg)"

Here's to hoping development of Kristoff, too.

"

I love love Frozen, but I do hate how Disney is exploiting it and pushing most of the WDAS movies aside for it. I mean, PATF & WiR have nothing while Frozen has this, a theme park ride, a theme park section in Tokyo, a sequel, the list goes on. I wouldn't say that Tangled was a modest success. It's getting a TV show that has LOTS of Broadway people in it, along with Big Hero 6."
"

I'm truly shocked that Zootopia got some recognition. In my opinion, of the last movies WDAS got out there, Wreck-it Ralph was amazing, followed by Tangled. Frozen is just ok in my personal ranking.

xxdrewboy85xx Profile Photo
xxdrewboy85xx
#180FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/27/16 at 11:00pm

Wolfe would be great. 

Laurie Veldheer should be Anna and I'm sure she's one they're looking at. 

disneybroadwayfan22
#181FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/28/16 at 12:16am

I'm truly shocked that Zootopia got some recognition. In my opinion, of the last movies WDAS got out there, Wreck-it Ralph was amazing, followed by Tangled. Frozen is just ok in my personal ranking.

"

I take that you haven't Zootopia. Because believe it or not, it has a 99% on RT for a reason

rodrigo_ca
#182FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 3/28/16 at 12:27pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "I take that you haven't Zootopia. Because believe it or not, it has a 99% on RT for a reason"

I saw it, and I truly agree with its recognition. I said that because we were talking about how other (and better) films made by WDAS were sunk in the Frozen-mania. :)

LizzieCurry
#183FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 10:23am

More oldies coming new. Animated film “Frozen,” for which Idina Menzel (let’s say that correctly this time) won an award. In two years, at the St. James, her role’s won by Betsy Wolfe. Even Jepson Travolta, or whatever his name is, can pronounce that name straight.

http://pagesix.com/2016/04/19/diane-krugers-got-it-all/

disneybroadwayfan22
#184FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 10:25am

Betsy Wolfe is officially Elsa! And Frozen might take St. James!

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/184138/we-cant-hold-it-back-anymore-betsy-wolfe-tapped-to-play-elsa-in-frozen-on-broadway-listen-to-her-let-it-go/

Updated On: 4/20/16 at 10:25 AM

neonlightsxo
#185FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 10:26am

Hooray. Disneybroadway...Betsy WOLFE not Betsy Morgan. Oof.

disneybroadwayfan22
#186FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 10:28am

neonlightsxo said: "Hooray. Disneybroadway...Betsy WOLFE not Betsy Morgan. Oof.

"

Blah, thanks. Wolfe is what I meant. Still stuck with the moment of seeing Morgan in King and I :P

tuckandroll
#187FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 10:29am

Oh this makes me SO happy to hear. Congrats to Betsy! Cant wait to see when the full casting comes through

broadwayboy223
#188FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 10:30am

YAAAAASSSSSS THIS IS PERFECT 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#189FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 10:44am

Still have my heart set for Alison luff to play Anna.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#190FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 10:51am

Anyone else find it wrong that they're reporting that this is taking a theater with a currently running tenant? 

I know, I know... the likelihood of Rotten! making it to Spring 2018 isn't a sure thing. But it still seems wrong to me to have these reports without any word from Something Rotten! on a move, a closure, or anything. 

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#191FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 10:54am

^As well as the fact that Disney normally has a great business relationship with the Nederlanders, and the St. James is not a Nederlander house.

10086sunset
#192FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 10:55am

It's been rumored and mentioned here for a while that Hello Dolly was going into the St. James, followed by Frozen.

Rotten's days are numbered.

LizzieCurry
#193FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 10:56am

GreasedLightning said: "Anyone else find it wrong that they're reporting that this is taking a theater with a currently running tenant? 

I know, I know... the likelihood of Rotten! making it to Spring 2018 isn't a sure thing. But it still seems wrong to me to have these reports without any word from Something Rotten! on a move, a closure, or anything. 
"

I thought it was strange, but not necessarily wrong. It doesn't surprise me that Something Rotten's not looking to have a very long run, though.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#194FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 10:58am

GreasedLightning said: "Anyone else find it wrong that they're reporting that this is taking a theater with a currently running tenant? 

"

I believe there already were rumors of Hello, Dolly! taking the St. James for an even earlier opening in Spring 2017. I think it would make sense for Rotten to close up shop by the end of the year to make way for Dolly opening next spring. Once Midler departs, I doubt the production will be able to sustain such a large theatre without another star, which would clear the way for Frozen to come in for Spring 2018. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#195FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 10:58am

Should we start banking on Rotten! being one of the victims of the early January 2017 closings?

10086sunset
#196FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 11:00am

If Rotten! makes it that long.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#197FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 11:02am

DOLLY! is not taking the St. James.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#198FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 11:03am

WiCkEDrOcKS said: "DOLLY! is not taking the St. James."

What's it taking then?

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#199FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 4/20/16 at 11:04am

WiCkEDrOcKS said: "DOLLY! is not taking the St. James."

Does that mean it has another house lined up, or have they just ruled out the St. James?

Videos