pixeltracker

Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage- Page 8

Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#175Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/10/18 at 6:28pm

Will this scandal pose a threat to the longest running musical revival on Broadway?

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#176Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/10/18 at 6:28pm

Will this scandal pose a threat to the longest running musical revival on Broadway?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#177Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/10/18 at 6:37pm

CarlosAlberto said: "Will this scandal pose a threat to the longest running musical revival on Broadway? "

I have to say that unless you're in the Broadway community, you're not hearing about this. So I don't think something like this could close the show. It's not national news, yet.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Eve Harrington3 Profile Photo
Eve Harrington3
#178Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/10/18 at 9:35pm

This needs to be a national headline and deserves it.

SempreLiberal Profile Photo
SempreLiberal
#179Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/10/18 at 10:31pm

if the producers wanted to fire Mr. Loeffelholz “for cause,” would having Bobbie and Stifelman’s statements saying that he was making mistakes, not audible, etc,,been enough to make the case?

It seems that if that were the purpose of this “rehearsal,” then I’d assume the producers were directly behind this.

If so, would anyone take seriously such an “investigation” run by them?

May he rest in peace.

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#180Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/10/18 at 11:13pm

Not to make light of the situation but Ryan Murphy should consider this story for a series. He has a keen way of looking at stories in a three dimensional way and having it set during a Broadway production of Chicago could only add to the dramatization. 

A Director
#181Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/10/18 at 11:18pm

SmoothLover said: "Not to make light of the situation but Ryan Murphy should consider this story for a series. He has a keen way of looking at stories in a three dimensional way and having it set during a Broadway production of Chicago could only add to the dramatization."

You just did!  How tacky to think of making money off the recent dead!

NoName3 Profile Photo
NoName3
#182Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/10/18 at 11:22pm

The story has been reported both nationally and internationally but it hasn't been front page news and won't be.

MosaicOwl
#183Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/12/18 at 5:46pm

NoName3 said: "The story has been reported both nationally and internationally but it hasn't been front page news and won't be."

Unfortunately, I think you're right. Not only is this tragedy very personal for me, but I think it's coverage could bring awareness to an issue that is often overlooked (pending the results of the ongoing investigation). It was covered on Fox News' web site last week. It was an obscure article. If you think there is insensitivity here on these boards, you should check out some of the comments under the Fox News report by their consumers (actually don't, it may make you quite frustrated and angry). I can say that everyone here, even those who are a little combative, are practically angels compared to some of the Fox News followers.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#184Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/12/18 at 6:22pm

MosaicOwl said: "NoName3 said: "The story has been reported both nationally and internationally but it hasn't been front page news and won't be."

Unfortunately, I think you're right. Not only is this tragedyvery personal for me, but I think it's coverage could bring awareness to an issue that is often overlooked (pending the results of the ongoing investigation). It was covered on Fox News' web site last week. It was an obscure article. If you think there is insensitivity here on these boards, you should check out some of the comments under the Fox News report by their consumers (actually don't, it may make you quite frustrated and angry). I can say that everyone here, even those who are a little combative, are practically angels compared to some of the Fox News followers.
"

A lot of the FoxNews commenters are probably fake account alt-right-bots, not actual people, if that makes you feel any better. It's why most news articles have disabled the comments section. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#185Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/12/18 at 7:23pm

From a friend who just saw the show the other day, the show hasn't replaced Jeff and there is no Mary Sunshine standby currently. Just a little piece of info.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#186Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/12/18 at 7:31pm

I've refrained from commenting on this for a variety of reasons, and this is likely the only thing I'll say:

MosaicOwl (and your family), I'm very sorry for your loss.  I'm sure it's difficult enough to lose someone unexpectedly, yet alone under these unique circumstances.   I hope that you, and all that loved Jeff, are able to find peace.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#189Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/13/18 at 9:40am

These stories do not reflect well on Leslie Stifelman.

A Director
#190Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/14/18 at 2:30am

More from the Blog.  A PSM speaks.

https://justiceforjeffrey.wordpress.com

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#191Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/14/18 at 8:24am

These stories are so deeply disturbing.

'Chicago' should be setting the gold standard for treatment of its cast.

This needs a very urgent and very transparent investigation and very clear statements and procedures in place preventing such bullying in the workplace as described now by multiple witnesses.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#192Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/14/18 at 8:31am

I wonder if the backstage management contributes to the low-energy, tired feeling of this show night after night. And whether this is going to blow over or whether it's the opening up of a Broadway #metoo movement for the poor backstage treatment of staff.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 7/14/18 at 08:31 AM

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#193Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/14/18 at 9:10am

While I wish the show itself no ill will (it remains one of my favorites based on the first time and only time I saw it on tour; it was only the second touring production I had ever seen at that point and it fueled me to see many more touring productions and ultimately many NYC shows). After all, it’s not the cast’s fault any of this happened or is happening. However, I could not in good conscience attend the Broadway production now unless I knew my ticket purchase wasn’t profiting these type of alleged unethical and immoral behaviors on behalf of management. Hopefully, if the allegations prove true, the people displaying unethical/illegal behaviors can be ousted (at minimum) and a new creative team can be brought in at least. That could also revitalize a show that based on some reports direly needs It. Of course, more problematically, all of this would have no effect on the producers if in fact others were only doing their bidding.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#194Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/14/18 at 9:32am

I'm pleased to hear other former cast members speak out. You have to wonder if any current cast members are prohibited from saying anything.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#195Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/14/18 at 10:33am

These stories are awful. My heart goes out to Jeff and the others mentioned in the blog who were the subject of this kind of bullying/harassment.

Fosse76
#196Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/14/18 at 11:01am

ACL2006 said: "I'm pleased to hear other former cast members speak out. You have to wonder if any current cast members are prohibited from saying anything."

Prohibited by what? Only fear of (illegal) retribution is keeping them from speaking out. 

Bette's Turban Profile Photo
Bette's Turban
#197Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/14/18 at 1:29pm

Fosse76 said: "ACL2006 said: "I'm pleased to hear other former cast members speak out. You have to wonder if any current cast members are prohibited from saying anything."

Prohibited by what? Only fear of (illegal) retribution is keeping them from speaking out.
"

Or fear of being unemployed.  Or fear of not being hired again by producers who get a lot of product up.  I can think of lots of reasons why they wouldn’t speak up.  It’s not easy.

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#198Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/14/18 at 1:34pm

One confirmed suicide and two cases that sound a lot like suicides.

All tied to how firings are handled at Chicago and how managment/creatives treat the cast.

It makes me stomach turn.

How do the those who played a role in this sleep at night? 

Broadway World's Fireman.

Fosse76
#199Jeff Loeffelholz suicide news coverage
Posted: 7/14/18 at 1:39pm

Bette's Turban said: "Or fear of being unemployed. Or fear of not being hired again by producers who get a lot of product up. I can think of lots of reasons why they wouldn’t speak up. It’s not easy."

That's not the same thing as being "prohibited."

Videos