pixeltracker

Betty Buckley "DOLLY" opening in Cleveland/ Casting News ?- Page 9

Betty Buckley "DOLLY" opening in Cleveland/ Casting News ?

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#200Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/26/18 at 9:34pm

n2nbaby said: "Bette's Turban said: "Robbie2 said: "Bette's Turban said: "I don't know. Betty looks kind of frumpy and uncomfortable in that curtain call. Looking forward to this. Dolly is such a great show,"

I wouldn't say frumpy and uncomfortable since hersmile is beaming but a very mannered curtain call-bows.
"

Well you are right. Upon secondviewing I could tell that at the very end she was smiling and beaming. And perhaps frumpy is not the word I should have used. But she still looked uncomfortable. And of course I am just talking about that little clip of the bows. My judgement might also affected by that woohooing from whomever that was by whoever recorded. If you watch the endless videos of the Broadway curtain calls with all three different Dolly's; the joy comes thru. Again.. I am only commenting on this short little video clip which really tells me nothing..
"

That was me that recorded it and I was woohooing due to the fact I couldn’t clap due to me filming the curtain call and wanted to express my love for the case.I filmed the curtain call because I know this board had a lot of Dolly fans who won’t be able to see the tour and was lucky enough to be the first stop on the road.

Next time i me I suppose I just won’t.
"

And WE Thank You for doing that! Lucky you to see it again and with Betty this time!!! Glad you enjoyed it n2nbaby!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

bk
#201Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/26/18 at 9:39pm

n2nbaby said: "Bette's Turban said: "Robbie2 said: "Bette's Turban said: "I don't know. Betty looks kind of frumpy and uncomfortable in that curtain call. Looking forward to this. Dolly is such a great show,"

I wouldn't say frumpy and uncomfortable since hersmile is beaming but a very mannered curtain call-bows.
"

Well you are right. Upon secondviewing I could tell that at the very end she was smiling and beaming. And perhaps frumpy is not the word I should have used. But she still looked uncomfortable. And of course I am just talking about that little clip of the bows. My judgement might also affected by that woohooing from whomever that was by whoever recorded. If you watch the endless videos of the Broadway curtain calls with all three different Dolly's; the joy comes thru. Again.. I am only commenting on this short little video clip which really tells me nothing..
"

That was me that recorded it and I was woohooing due to the fact I couldn’t clap due to me filming the curtain call and wanted to express my love for the case.I filmed the curtain call because I know this board had a lot of Dolly fans who won’t be able to see the tour and was lucky enough to be the first stop on the road.

"

Filming the curtain call, if one must, isn't the problem.  The relentless woo-hooing is the problem.  Once, fine, twenty times, horrible :)

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#202Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/26/18 at 9:45pm

bk said: "n2nbaby said: "Bette's Turban said: "Robbie2 said: "Bette's Turban said: "I don't know. Betty looks kind of frumpy and uncomfortable in that curtain call. Looking forward to this. Dolly is such a great show,"

"

"

"

Filming the curtain call, if one must, isn't the problem. The relentless woo-hooing is the problem. Once, fine, twenty times, horrible :)"

OOoooooooook Grumpy go to bed now!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#203Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/26/18 at 10:09pm

How was Jessica Sheridan as Ernestina?

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Dallas Theatre Fan
#205Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/27/18 at 12:34am

To be honest,  I thought it was an understudy in the video, I wasn't expecting such a bright red wig.

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#206Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/27/18 at 6:56am

bwayboy22 said: "Here's a photo of the merch booth from instagram!

https://imgur.com/a/hAoHO9v
"

It looks like a Betty Buckley “Hello, Dolly!” magnet below the purple t-shirt? What’s that very small thing to the right of it? Guessing the red mug is a thing of the past now. I’m hoping they have window cards by next week. :)

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#207Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/27/18 at 7:19am

Tapping23 said: "The show was fantastic...”

THANK YOU for the review! Sounds like this is going to be a lot of fun!!! 

8 Days and counting. :)

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#208Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/27/18 at 8:05am

Can anyone comment on any specific changes made to the physical production and set besides the passerelle? 

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

sassylash3s
#209Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/27/18 at 8:37am

Most of the physical production has been recreated if somewhat simplified.  The biggest change is that the hat shop is no longer a single set piece.  Instead, the door, work room, closet, etc are all separate units that are moved into place independently.

I don't know if the orchestra was reduced - the playbill lists about 5 players but there were clearly many more than that. (Perhaps the 5 are travelling with the tour and the rest of the musicians are local?) The score sounded just as good if not better than I ever heard it on Broadway, thanks in no small part to the Stanley's big, real, open orchestra pit.

Updated On: 9/27/18 at 08:37 AM

Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#210Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/27/18 at 3:28pm

How bad was it?

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#211Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/27/18 at 5:52pm

From ensemble member Maddy Apple...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoPIOF9B-0u/

Updated On: 9/27/18 at 05:52 PM

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#212Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/27/18 at 8:16pm

Why were my comments about the show and then asking where this phantom audio of the show was taken down? Come on guys. Over at YouTube there were video clips of Midler, Peters and Murphy. At least tell me why it was taken down. In the rules will I find it?

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#213Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/27/18 at 10:40pm

Betty Buckley in Hello Dollysassylash3s said: "Most of the physical production has been recreated if somewhat simplified. The biggest change is that the hat shop is no longer a single set piece. Instead, the door, work room, closet, etc are all separate units that are moved into place independently.

I don't know if the orchestra was reduced - the playbill lists about 5 players but there were clearly many more than that. (Perhaps the 5 are travelling with the tour and the rest of the musicians are local?)The score sounded just as good if not better than I ever heard it on Broadway, thanks in no small part to the Stanley's big, real, open orchestra pit.
"

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#214Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/27/18 at 10:41pm

EthelMae, I have  been looking all day for your review. Was it taken down?

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

sassylash3s
#215Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/27/18 at 10:50pm

What a great picture of the lovely Stanley Theatre, Robbie2!  Not sure what it has to do with my post, though.

NoName3 Profile Photo
NoName3
#216Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/27/18 at 11:21pm

Robbie2, what a gorgeous but overly huge venue for a stage show.

Was this originally a Golden Age Film Palace?

brettcx5
#219Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/28/18 at 1:18pm

Our first look at Betty as Dolly!!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Flash-Wow-Wow-Wow-First-Look-at-Betty-Buckley-in-the-HELLO-DOLLY-National-Tour-20180928

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#220Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/28/18 at 1:22pm

Just wondering. Is the choreography in “dancing” the original version surrounding Minnie? Or the version highlighting Barnaby?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

all_that_jazz Profile Photo
all_that_jazz
#222Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/28/18 at 2:20pm

Why are they going the other way.  Is this because she can't do noses.

Seriously. Is the picture just flipped or did they change staging if anyone who has seen it can tell.  Usually a flipped pic you can tell.

brettcx5 said: "Our first look at Betty as Dolly!!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Flash-Wow-Wow-Wow-First-Look-at-Betty-Buckley-in-the-HELLO-DOLLY-National-Tour-20180928
"

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#223Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/28/18 at 2:23pm

Noses?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

all_that_jazz Profile Photo
all_that_jazz
#224Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/28/18 at 2:27pm

Okay bonus points for thosr that get it... Wheres dollypop.

Well LizzieCurry said: "Noses?"

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#225Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/28/18 at 2:28pm

NoName3 said: "Robbie2, what a gorgeous but overly huge venue for a stage show.

Was this originally a Golden Age Film Palace?
"

Originally built to be a movie palace, The Stanley opened on September 10, 1928 with 2,963 seats. Constructed in just 13 months, it was designed by famous architect Thomas Lamb, who is considered one of the foremost designers of theaters and cinemas in the 20th century. His creations include the Fox Theatre in San Francisco and the Capitol Theatre in New York, both now demolished. It is one of three remaining Lamb theaters: The Stanley, Proctor’s Theatre, Schenectady, NY, and The Landmark Theatre, Syracuse, NY.

https://www.thestanley.org/

Updated On: 9/28/18 at 02:28 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#226Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/28/18 at 2:28pm

Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly

Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#228Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/28/18 at 2:35pm

NoName3 said: "Robbie2, what a gorgeous but overly huge venue for a stage show.

You do realize that touring productions play houses this big and even bigger all the time, right?

NoName3 Profile Photo
NoName3
#229Betty Buckley in Hello Dolly
Posted: 9/28/18 at 2:40pm

Of course I do.

Videos